stef
+-6|6772
are people gonna skip bf2 and just start playing sf all the time so theres nobody to play with exept if you got sf and how populer is it gonna be. I have heard from some who already played single missions in sf thats its worse than bf2 not so much action feeling its slower do you think its gonna be more populer than bf2
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6793|Human Meat Shield
Look at BF42 and you tell me.... out with the old, in with the new.
Rakasan
+7|6861|California, USA
For me, it will depend if there are any good maps or if it sucks
Gairon Fay
+0|6771|Saltsjö-Boo Sweden
I think it will depend, as BF 2 is still quite tempting my hopes are that they will compliment each other, and that hopefully the SF maps will be usable with BF 2.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6806|The Hague, Holland
I saw some vid's from BF2:SF and it still looks pretty damn sweet.
I think I'll be coming back to BF2 for Sharqi and Karkand every now and then.
divided
Clear!
+3|6797
I will most likely be playing bf2.
birdman69
+11|6780|Toronto, Canada
Im curious to see if global points we will easier or harder to come by.  If stealth is the focus of the SF, then will points be rewarded for being "stealthy"?  If gobal points are harder to come in by in SF then I can see people sticking with the BF2 maps to boost their score.

Having said that I want to see additional awards added that can only be won by playing SF maps.  I guess we'll see.

https://bf2s.com/player/43691216/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/43691216/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/43691216/awards.jpg
DMFDxUconn
+8|6791|Kannapolis,North Carolina
Im hoping this expansion is more like an addition to what we already have. Kind of like an update.

What would really be bad-ass is if they allowed both games on one server, so we could be playing Karkand and than the next map it switch's to something from SF.

I know, wishful thinking.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6793|Human Meat Shield
whoa....double post somewhere.. anyway again I think it'll wear itself out and eventually become coasters.
psyc1one
+0|6769

DMFDxUconn wrote:

Im hoping this expansion is more like an addition to what we already have. Kind of like an update.

What would really be bad-ass is if they allowed both games on one server, so we could be playing Karkand and than the next map it switch's to something from SF.

I know, wishful thinking.
although i see how appealing this might be for the people who actually buy SF, but in the end it will just annoy the people who did not buy SF and then will be kicked off the server for not having the necessary resources to play the following map
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6805|Alabama Coast, USA

psyc1one wrote:

although i see how appealing this might be for the people who actually buy SF, but in the end it will just annoy the people who did not buy SF and then will be kicked off the server for not having the necessary resources to play the following map
If such an option were possible, it would work ONLY on BF2:SF servers, so no...  people without SF wouldn't be playing there anyway.  IE: SF servers playing BF2 maps, not BF2 servers playing SF maps.
FourStars
+1|6763|Australia
they should mix the maps in with bf2 maps, so you play one bf2 one sf etc
Chard
+1|6856|Christchurch, New Zealand
I hope BF2 SF will get rid of all the tards that play BF2 so some people with some skill can play unhined
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6769|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol
My only hope besides that it will be good, is that I get free unlocks now because of my rank.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6787
3684 kills 4804 deaths ... youre one to talk about skills ....

dont exclude yourself from special forces you should be allowed to play it as well
-=|AA|=-Col.Magnum
+0|6811|Rockhampton Qld
i just hope they add them all together and put both set of maps in the rotation
i believe that is the best way i dont want to play either i want to play both
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6867|Bryan/College Station, TX
According to this Dutch Update Posted Here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=55763#p55763

There will be a 2nd Tier of weapon unlocks. Which you have to get the first Tier and then get the 2nd Tier.
As such normal BF2 will still be needed. Also there is a patch that allows the Grapple Hook and Zip lines to be used in BF2 as well as SF. So it looks like they really want both to integrate together. Using SF weapons on normal BF2 maps and vice versa.

So those that have SF and get the 2nd tier weapons will get to use them in normal BF2 maps. But those that don't have SF can't play on BF2:SF maps. (Denoted by a Green neon "2" instead of the normal red "2" on the server listings)

I for one am looking forward to it.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6805|Alabama Coast, USA
Some of the screen shots on that site disturbed me.  For instance... it looks like they reworked their Essex model a bit, and put some F-18's on it.

Erm...   afaik there's only two ways to get an F-18 off the deck of the Essex...  with a crane, or by pushing it over the edge, because it sure as hell can't take off.  The Essex is not an aircraft carrier!

That... or maybe you could sail into a hurricane for a +100 kt headwind.

And then... there's an Apache on a Navy ship...   huh???
Chard
+1|6856|Christchurch, New Zealand

chitlin wrote:

3684 kills 4804 deaths ... youre one to talk about skills ....

dont exclude yourself from special forces you should be allowed to play it as well
ok so i may be lacking in 1337 skills but im not a whore or a annoying tard i'll get to 1.00K/d ratio one day.......
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6779
I could easily fly the F18 off the deck of the Essex & im not even a good pilot ffs, Ive landed J10's on it before...
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6765|Vermont

imdead wrote:

Ummmmm.  That's just a stupid example.  BF1942 is over 3 years old and was never as popular as BF2 is.  I would say that you will still find a LOT of people playing BF2.  People didn't exactly abandon BF1942 to play Road to Rome or Secret Weapons of WWII now did they?
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6837

imdead wrote:

Look at BF1942s expansions... noone played them compared to vanilla game.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6765|Vermont
Isn't that what I just said in the post above yours?
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6767|Malaga, España
SF ? I stick to my BF2 game
section9
+9|6871|USA
see you all in sf on tues....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard