Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6751|the middle of nowhere
I was thinking about PspRpg-7's title which is, "Unlocks suck." I thought about it for a while and realized that he was wrong. Unlocks freaking suck. For instance, when I first got the game and I was a noob, I couldn't kill anything with the sniper rifle. Sure I could hit them(kinda), but it wouldn't kill them. I wouldn't take the time to line up for a headshot. If I was lucky, the only rifle I would get kills with was the M24(which owns). I started getting better but, the M95 is hard to get headshots with(I think) because the crosshairs on it are so big. The crosshairs on the M24 are just fine and that rifle is basically the exact same as the L96A1 except the L96A1 is black and sounds cooler when you shoot it . Just a few minutes ago I played a round at Karkand and was sniper the whole game. I was getting headshots like crazy and I'm definatley not the best sniper. I was using the M24. It doesn't have to be as powerful as the M95 because if you can get a headshot(which is very easy to do with the M24 because the crosshairs are thin), you can kill them in one hit. Anyway, I owned the whole round and had a K/D ratio of about 5 or 6(21 kills, 4 deaths). The server crashed (again) so I didn't get the points and that made me mad. Unlocks just make you waste time by saying, "Hmmmmmmmmmm which gun should I choose. Well they are basically the same thing so I guess it doesn't matter at all." And this goes for all unlocks, not just the sniper. The unlocks are just different looking and sounding guns that do absolutley the same thing. I'm not bashing or flaming at unlocks I would just rather use the default weapons because, in my opinion, they are much, much, much better than the unlocks.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6775|Nova Scotia, Canada

Unlock aren't supposed to be better than the original guns, for the 1000th time. They are there as different choices for kits, not the uberelitehaxunlock.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Unlocks are like playing a different map, which you wouldn't know anything about.
Also, you can't use unlocks in matches.
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland
thing is, if the unlocks were better, it would be a major disadvantage to new guys, who would get owned ever harder. (note lack of word noob)
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas
I have to disagree. You cannot compare the DAO to the original submachinegun. They are different Weapons. Does the DAO suck? The MP7. Unlock for the engineer class, a submachinegun instead of the standard shotty. Does it suck? (Well, yeah, it might)

They are all useful in the correct situation. To say that one is "Better" than the other is just stupidity. I would take the P90 on an open map and the DAO on a city map. Does that make the P90 or DAO "suck"? No. Situation. Map. Place.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

Its not that unlocks suck or that the standard guns suck. Its personal preference. Nothing else.
I prefer the L85A1 over the M4 for Medic because you can go full auto with it. Thats MY preference.
Personally, I love the M95 when im sniping and I like the big crosshair. Works wonders for me when Im bored enough to use that class.
Nobody can be called a new guy (note lack of noob there too ) for using any kind of weapon, whether it be knife, nade launchers or assault rifles.

For me, its:
SF: M4/G36C
Assault: AK/G3
Sniper: M95
Engineer: Pump Shotties (standard ones)
AT: MP5/P90
Medic: L85A1
Support: MG36

Thats my preferences - I couldnt care less whether you think unlocks suck or not. I love some of them, others I dont. Who cares? Nobody. Thats how I play - and I play to win.
Talk and complain all you want - ill be elsewhere.
Entertayner
+826|6571

Does anyone remember when unlocks used to be hard to get?
Electonic Komando
+1|6499|War Saw Town
I got most of possible unlocks ,but don't use them very often. Got used to regular guns and to be honest unlocks ruin gameplay. Every medic running with G36E ,US support with russian made PKM and so on...
PS. M249 SAW ROCKS!!!!!! (in mine humble opinion)
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6658| United States of America

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

no cause i started playing BF2 the day they came out with either 1.03 or 1.12
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

yeah i remember busting my ass off to get 10,000 points for corporal (or lance corparal, i cant remember) just so i can get an unlock. then the next day a new patch came out and i went up like 4 ranks.

but anways, i prefer most unlocks over others.

spec- g36c, but on night maps in SF i like the scar-l.
sniper- l96a1, very small crosshairs and makes getting headshots easy.
medic, g36e when im USMC and once in a while when i'm MEC/PLA, but normally when i'm MEC/PLA i will use the AKs.
AT- i always use the DAO-12. no matter what map. as AT, the pistol is my best friend and i know how to use it pretty good. the pistol does more damage, is more accruate, and the rate of fire is as high as you can click, so i think its better than all SMGs.
engineer- i use the pumps when i can, and if i'm MEC i will use the jackhammer. i dont like the SMG because pistol is better, and for up close the shotguns own.
support- i usually use the default class weapons because of the accuracy, but i rarely play support.
assault- i like the AKs the most. and as USMC i like the m16.

so for most of the classes i do like the unlocks, but a lot of the default weapons are really good.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
why must it always be black or white?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
aLi3nZ
+138|6507|New Zealand
The US Medic and Assault gun is crap. I'm glad I have unlocks for this reason alone. I usually stick to MEC anyway and use the AK-101
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6776|UK

|CCCCCDark_Helmet wrote:

I was thinking about PspRpg-7's title which is, "Unlocks suck." I thought about it for a while and realized that he was wrong. Unlocks freaking suck. For instance, when I first got the game and I was a noob, I couldn't kill anything with the sniper rifle. Sure I could hit them(kinda), but it wouldn't kill them. I wouldn't take the time to line up for a headshot. If I was lucky, the only rifle I would get kills with was the M24(which owns). I started getting better but, the M95 is hard to get headshots with(I think) because the crosshairs on it are so big. The crosshairs on the M24 are just fine and that rifle is basically the exact same as the L96A1 except the L96A1 is black and sounds cooler when you shoot it . Just a few minutes ago I played a round at Karkand and was sniper the whole game. I was getting headshots like crazy and I'm definatley not the best sniper. I was using the M24. It doesn't have to be as powerful as the M95 because if you can get a headshot(which is very easy to do with the M24 because the crosshairs are thin), you can kill them in one hit. Anyway, I owned the whole round and had a K/D ratio of about 5 or 6(21 kills, 4 deaths). The server crashed (again) so I didn't get the points and that made me mad. Unlocks just make you waste time by saying, "Hmmmmmmmmmm which gun should I choose. Well they are basically the same thing so I guess it doesn't matter at all." And this goes for all unlocks, not just the sniper. The unlocks are just different looking and sounding guns that do absolutley the same thing. I'm not bashing or flaming at unlocks I would just rather use the default weapons because, in my opinion, they are much, much, much better than the unlocks.
Your post burns my eyes. lol
Fujin
+18|6546
So if you (anybody) was stuck with making a choice, would you choose MP7 or P90?
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6705|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
Well....I would go with P90..

I rarely play engineer, only will be doing it to get Expert once I pass through Support, medic, spec ops and assault..

I think the original guns are good, people over look them because they think like this...Hey that guy just owned me with his G36E, maybe I should use it now...
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
Make the AK-101 an unlock and see what happens
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Entertayner
+826|6571

AK-101 just pwns though Well, in yours hands its kinda invincible
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6557

|CCCCCDark_Helmet wrote:

shut up noob....just cause u cant rank.....the m95 i think is not ver good for headshots but ownes when it comes to power of shots in torso...engineer? punp to auto...then a no recoil fast shooting gun? yea there is a diff....so shut up u a hole
Entertayner
+826|6571

M95 Is perfectly good for headshots, just useless over range until you get the hang of it...
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Make the AK-101 an unlock and see what happens
oh heck yes. PLEASE GOD! gimme ak 101 24/7 on any side.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6527|Singapore
its how you play it. a moron will still get owned if he dont know how to use the gun properly. all guns are equal. they all uses bullet.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6619|Manitowoc, WI
unlocks are the same thing? is the doa the same as the mp5? is the scar-l the same thing as the ak-74? is the m95 the same thing as the SVD? the mp7 the same as the m11-87? i think not

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard