Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6715
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as39-e.htm
I think they have it in the console versions. They should have just left the Ak-47 to the medic class.
Blizzard36
Modified Luck Soldier
+10|6559|Grand Forks, ND
Seeing as it's part of the same weapon system as the Spec Ops , Support, and Sniper weapons, I think they should have.  But I can understand why they left it the AK.  Since they allready had it modeled for the Medic class all they had to do is add the GP-30 and they were done.

Besides, it just wouldn't do to have the USMC using older weapons than all of thier opponents even if that's the way it is IRL.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6715
bump
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6739
same gun as spec ops...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6715
yeah...
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6521
Nothing really wrong with that. Everything in the G36 line barring the MG is almost identical, and there's no problem with that. When you look at it, the M4 is pretty damn similar to the M16, and nobody minds that either.

I'd have liked it, anyway.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6658|South Jersey
Eh, if you're gonna be ass salt...I mean assault, you need a good, sturdy powerful rifle, and the AK-47 does the job IMO.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6642|Manitowoc, WI

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

same gun as spec ops...
except it would be the assault rifle as opposed to the carbine
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6727|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
Dude the AK47 has NOTHIN wrong with it..
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6715

[-CGZ-]BioRaveN wrote:

Yah, I know, but this other rifle would make more sense. And ffs the damn is AK-47 is so freaking old.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6642|Manitowoc, WI

Superior Mind wrote:

[-CGZ-]BioRaveN wrote:

Yah, I know, but this other rifle would make more sense. And ffs the damn is AK-47 is so freaking old.
lets see, 2006- 1947, is roughly 59 years old, yeah id say thats a long time for ANYTHING to be in use
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6664|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
It may be old.. but its still one of the best guns as far as the amount of maintenance required goes..

and to the original poster.. the P.L.A. Spec.Ops gun is the carbine version of that rifle..
it really wouldn't make much sense to have 2 different versions..

i mean.. look how much flak the Scar-H (U.S. Navy Seal Assault) gets.. and its merely a different calibre version of the Scar-L (Spec. Ops. tier 2 unlock)

QBZ-92 > Scar-L   imho  anyway
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6642|Manitowoc, WI

spawnofthemist wrote:

It may be old.. but its still one of the best guns as far as the amount of maintenance required goes..

and to the original poster.. the P.L.A. Spec.Ops gun is the carbine version of that rifle..
it really wouldn't make much sense to have 2 different versions.
the PLA spec ops carbine, the sniper rifle, and the support LMG are all variations of the same gun

just like on the US, the m16's and m4 are variations of the same gun

Last edited by BolvisOculus (2006-07-15 22:09:15)

MECtallica
+73|6527|jalalabad
no one complains about the M16A2 being old, yet the M16 is like 40+ something years ago, im no gun "nut" but im pretty sure they used the M16 in the vietnam war
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6715
yeah they did, the M16A1, the one we use, the M16A2, didn't see real service untill the 1st Gulf War. So it is more like 20 years old.
Edit: and the AK is like 59 years old.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-07-15 22:10:55)

BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6642|Manitowoc, WI

MECtallica wrote:

no one complains about the M16A2 being old, yet the M16 is like 40+ something years ago, im no gun "nut" but im pretty sure they used the M16 in the vietnam war
im not 100% sure about this (niether am i a "gun nut") but isnt the current weapon the M16A2, which is a remodeled m16 used in vietnam?  correct me if im wrong, it could have been the M16A2 back then also
ctu-a-socom-goa
+2|6584

Blizzard36 wrote:

Seeing as it's part of the same weapon system as the Spec Ops , Support, and Sniper weapons, I think they should have.  But I can understand why they left it the AK.  Since they allready had it modeled for the Medic class all they had to do is add the GP-30 and they were done.

Besides, it just wouldn't do to have the USMC using older weapons than all of thier opponents even if that's the way it is IRL.
yea i agree  good job
Defiance
+438|6694

Superior Mind wrote:

And ffs the damn is AK-47 is so freaking old.
So what? It's still the most widely used weapon today and hence most readily available for the common soldier (hence, assault) especially in an eastern country like China.

The AK-47 makes sense for every army inbetween China and South Africa.

Noop-Ni wrote:

Nothing really wrong with that. Everything in the G36 line barring the MG is almost identical, and there's no problem with that. When you look at it, the M4 is pretty damn similar to the M16, and nobody minds that either.

That's because the M4A1 is the carbine of M16A2.
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6521
Just like the way this would be the assault rifle variant of the QBZ 95. I was responding to cyborg_ninja, who appeared to think having the guns that similar would be bad.
Cursed You
+64|6610|Idaho
If anything, make it a AK74.

Why in the hell would you give up an AK for a QBZ?!!?!  Thats roughly the equivalent of giving up your standard car tires for some little red wagon wheels.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6664|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

Noop-Ni wrote:

That's because the M4A1 is the carbine of M16A2.
actually its the carbine version of the M16A1..

the M4A2 is the carbine version of the M16A2..
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6607|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
That would be too boring to have sniper, spec ops, support, and assault to have the same basic gun design with diff variants.  Thats 4 out of 7 classes wiht more or less the same weapon.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6752|Louisiana
Isn't the stock Chinese support gun the Type 95? And it looks an awful lot like this gun. I'm guessing the 95 is the LMG variant.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6642|Manitowoc, WI

xintegrityx wrote:

Isn't the stock Chinese support gun the Type 95? And it looks an awful lot like this gun. I'm guessing the 95 is the LMG variant.

BolvisOculus wrote:

the PLA spec ops carbine, the sniper rifle, and the support LMG are all variations of the same gun

just like on the US, the m16's and m4 are variations of the same gun

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard