jmbbf1975
+1|6624
How about the MANY different accents here in the United States???   

All I hear for the US forces, (not that it bothers me, I never even thought of it until this fuggin Politicaly Correct post) is some John Wayne   U.S.M.C sterotype voice.    How about some Southern accents, or Midwest accents, maybe a New York... Boston accent??   Maybe a good ol' Hawaiian accent??   Hmmm?

Point is... there are LOTS OF FUGGIN ACCENTS and for someone who is out to sell a product and make a few bucks... the last thing they are thinking of (this case anyway) is what the fuggin voice's in game will sound like!!!
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6611|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

jmbbf1975 wrote:

How about the MANY different accents here in the United States???   

All I hear for the US forces, (not that it bothers me, I never even thought of it until this fuggin Politicaly Correct post) is some John Wayne   U.S.M.C sterotype voice.    How about some Southern accents, or Midwest accents, maybe a New York... Boston accent??   Maybe a good ol' Hawaiian accent??   Hmmm?

Point is... there are LOTS OF FUGGIN ACCENTS and for someone who is out to sell a product and make a few bucks... the last thing they are thinking of (this case anyway) is what the fuggin voice's in game will sound like!!!
did you read MY post?
jmbbf1975
+1|6624
no, just blabing like a most here
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6595|Quebec city, Canada
as said earlier, bf2 vanilla was created in Sweden and SF, in Canada
l41e
+677|6618

DICE is a Swedish company with a Canadian branch. Get the countries straight before getting anywhere near references to Nazis.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

GreGorY.c.k wrote:

most army officers actually speak like that good sir! Deally bye old chap
That was problably sarcasm, but in my experience, it seems like everyone in the army is from oop norf.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6595|Quebec city, Canada

k30dxedle wrote:

DICE is a Swedish company with a Canadian branch. Get the countries straight before getting anywhere near references to Nazis.
lol
l41e
+677|6618

Nazis, Fascists, whatever. They're bad, ok?

And if you think I'm calling Swedes or Canadians Nazis, I'm not.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-07-15 18:03:22)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6738|Human Meat Shield
What the hell did you want it to say?:

"Pack up the Jolly Mobile Mate, We Riding to the Queens Castle!" -meaning: "Hey, I need a Ride"

EDIT: Personally they need a Redneck accent for the AF Road Rage.

"Dad burn it, git ur a$$ o'er ear n'd git me smokin' tares" - meaning: " Hey, I need a ride"

Last edited by imdead (2006-07-15 18:13:46)

shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6644|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
It was created by the Canucks lol,not us Yanks.I do agree that they did a terrible job with the accent.As somebody already mentioned,the accent in Socom was done really well. I do like the British accent,anybody want to be a dialect coach? You get free karma :p
spawnofthemist
Banned

I wrote:

.... scouse, manx, cockney, geordie, welsh, northern irish, midlands, lowlands, scottish highlands, glaswegian, eastern scotland, hebridean, northern isles accents.......
what British accent would you like to be tutored in?

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-07-15 22:54:18)

Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6468
It's all worth it to hear the commander saying "Does your mother know you're here?!". It's so incredibly bad that you can't help but love it!
Jerry bustin' hymen doom Kenya!

Shukara in my butthole!

The Brit's accent isn't as bad as how the MEC talk.
horny_trojan
+39|6680|Los FUCKING Angeles
maybe they should give the usmc voice a southern twang.  or maybe a bostonian accent.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6596|Los Angeles, California, US.
Stop Complaining. DICE = Canada And Sweden. Not America.

Its a Game. It Doesnt Matter. If People think you sound like that, They are Stupid.

SF was made by DICE Canada.

Last edited by DaReJa (2006-07-16 00:02:10)

Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Darky
Hi..
+71|6531|Here.
Ugh guys? Its voices.. in a game.. If it bothers you that much, select English VO only, and listen to the yanks talking, regardless of what teams are on the map.

Last edited by Darky (2006-07-16 00:16:23)

MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6627|San Francisco, CA
i'd prefer it if they just added "sod" and "wanker" into a lot of the radio transmissions.
spawnofthemist
Banned

MURcarnage wrote:

i'd prefer it if they just added "sod" and "wanker" into a lot of the radio transmissions.
MEDIC! - I'm fuckin bleedin 'ere!
No way, man. - sod off, wanker..

and others to that effect..
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6813|Sacramento, Cal

TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

Shukara in my butthole!

lolz
Orgtheone
+30|6632|The Dark Side Of The Moon

eMarine wrote:

Shukara in my butthole!

lolz
yea we have a guy from jordon in our clan & he says the MEC accent is quite insulting
~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6537|Up a tree
Is it the way the rest of the world expect us to sound?? there are a few games with the same English accent.
i find it quite ammusing, all that foxhound and starlight stuff.. never heard those names before!

Enemy punt spotted!!!  =  strike at henley on thames
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6813|Sacramento, Cal

Orgtheone wrote:

eMarine wrote:

Shukara in my butthole!

lolz
yea we have a guy from jordon in our clan & he says the MEC accent is quite insulting
whats his player id, i'd like to see his stats.
spawnofthemist
Banned

eMarine wrote:

Orgtheone wrote:

eMarine wrote:

lolz
whats his player id, i'd like to see his stats.
you're one of those sick types who'll check how many c4 kills he has. and if he plays MEC or not.
aqempty
+6|6476|international waters
bah u blame them for a excesive accent of the brits on SF? i spain we have the opposite, they make a game with voices in mexican and they say is spanish(like RE4 or halo2)
[R3n]izzy
+1|6596|norway
well guy's pat's and ex-pat's, it could of been worse they coulda gone with a cocky voice, or mabye a deep deep
cornwall one "

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard