kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6829|Australia
The grenade launchers can be tricky to aim and use effectively. But once you master the grenade launcher, it makes for a fierce combination with the assault rife. When firing, you must keep in mind that the grenades have a low velocity and travel in a parabolic, or arch-like path. If you aim straight at your target, the grenade will drop and hit the ground before it reaches your target. Therefore you need to elevate the gun above the target so that the grenade will arch up, and then down on your target. It will just take practice to be able to quickly judge how much you need to elevate to hit your target.

The best usage for the grenade launcher is to inflict indirect damage to enemies that are hiding. Fire the grenade launcher up so the grenade will drop right behind him (if the cover is low, such as a short wall or crate) and do some damage. Even if it doesn't kill him, you could then switch back to the assault rifle and rush him, and finish him off. The other scenario is if the guy is hiding around the corner of a building. Drop the grenade in right at the corner so if the enemy is right there it will inflict damage. Again, if it doesn't kill him, you can rush him and finish him off with the assault rifle.

Grenade launchers are not effective against heavy armor (tanks and APCs). The grenades will do damage, but not enough to amount to much. Now they are very effective against light vehicles, a couple grenades, plus some small arms fire will finish off a heavy jeep (such as a Humvee).

Grenade launchers aren't really effective in close range combat, you have to have a direct hit to kill an enemy, or you will miss them, and its easy to do damage to yourself. Some people are actually very proficient with the grenade launchers in close ranges, and long ranges. Though using grenade launchers on people point blank is generally frowned upon. "Unless you are using it in one of the situations described in lenght above, you should keep the assault rifle out. Nothing is more annoying then confronting someone to have him switch to a grenade launcher and blow you away without so much of a fight from him. If you run into someone that is firing bullets at you, answer with bullets, its very unsportsmanlike to then blow the other guy away with the grenade launcher."
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6839|A Small Isle in the Tropics

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Grenade launchers are not effective against heavy armor (tanks and APCs). The grenades will do damage, but not enough to amount to much.
I couldnt stop laughing when I parked next to a flag, and this guy (obviously with an Assault kit) tried to take out my T90 with his 'nade launcher. I sat there, waited, "pop" "klonk" "boom", waited, "pop" "klonk" "boom", and he finally ran out of ammo (and patience), came out of hiding (I was thinking he might even tried to do my tank in with his M16), and I popped him. Guys, its frowned upon using a 'nade launcher in close quarters but a tank? That is stretching it a little
slidero
Yeah I only use the GL on heavily smoking tanks, if they're not smoking I just run away.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6829|Australia

kontrolcrimson wrote:

"Unless you are using it in one of the situations described in lenght above, you should keep the assault rifle out. Nothing is more annoying then confronting someone to have him switch to a grenade launcher and blow you away without so much of a fight from him. If you run into someone that is firing bullets at you, answer with bullets, its very unsportsmanlike to then blow the other guy away with the grenade launcher."
this is wht i want to highlight the most.
Major Payne
+18|6782|Netherlands
the gun SUCKS HARD
Bloody Sky
+2|6846|Texas
I just think it gets really annoying when I die but I dont hear a noise or anything. I think at first, ok, I got sniped. But then I notice that my body went flying a bit, so I say "WTF" to myself and look at what killed me, it's a GP-30.

I hate it when it kills you without even making a sound. That gets really annoying sometimes.

But, yes, I HAVE, used the GL. And I am good with it. But I dont like to use it much. I would probably use it a lot more if the G3 (Assualt unlock) had the GL on it.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6815
I despise all players who use it. I only use it when defending elevated control points.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6791|Singapore

blue60007 wrote:

Yeah it seems some people can only score points by blasting people point blank range. As I said in my assault kit guide: If you are shot at with bullets, answer with bullets. Same thing goes for knives, if someone comes at you with a knife, pull out your knife. Or if you see a knife duel going on, let them go, don't shoot the other guy, if the friendly in the duel dies, then you can shoot the other guy (or go after him with a knife).
im sorry but this is the most retarded thing i've heard in my life.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6765

why's that? becuase you like to take advantage of challenges and ruin two persons' fun?
SargeX_au
+29|6754
!#$%en noob launchers

Last edited by SargeX_au (2005-11-19 05:58:46)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6791|Singapore

Coolbeano: Sure, there are always imbalances in the game, but its retarded to join the 'Fair Fight Movement'. Ever shot a footie when you're in a tank? TV missield anyone? Bombed something? Knife someone with his back turned?

I don't expect someone to go 'Hey polar, get in the plane/tank and lets have a fair dogfight/tankfight' If i get bombed while running for a plane, fine. Basecamped, Fine. Spawnraped, Fine. Part and parcel of the game, deal with it. It all takes some skill (a minimal even at worse) to do. If this guy is running around M203-ing everything that moves and doesn't, let him. If he sucks, his KDR = 1 or worse. If he's good, all glory to him, he got good with a grenade launcher.

One of the regulars in bf2s (can't remember who) is KICKASS with a PKM. I've seen him mow down my entire squad without us finding him yet. So the PKM's the n00b weapon now? Nope. I've taken out a roomful of snipers with a grenade. Grenade-wh0ring? I don't think so.

All in all, there's no such thing as 'fair play' in battlefield2, or in real war for that matter. The one with the bigger deathstick wins. I don't remember seeing US arming Iraq during the gulf war 'Here's some tanks and planes, give us a good run for money'. I only remember them bitching about guerilla tactics in 'Nam. (No disrespect meant to the yanks in the forums, even though i'm half canadian but i'm just stating it from my point of view).
SMKpaladin
+0|6743|Germany
The only thing I hate about GLs is when they bunny-hop-GL you. My best hit with a GL was a cobra, 2 suckers raping a uncappable flag with their chopper, 1 grenade directly under the pilot seat and the whole thing was gone If someone's good with his GL, then I only wait for him to reload...

And if someone runs with a knife in my direction, I will NEVER ever take my knife out as long as I have some bullets in my mag.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6808|The planet Tophet
www.military.com SAYS IT ALL
watch this video of the M203 in action
http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos. … tent=80717
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6791|Singapore

my post says all.
[C4]LostMonkey
+0|6755|Norway
Noob Tuber!!!!!!!!!!!
Coolbeano
+378|6765

polarbearz wrote:

Coolbeano: Sure, there are always imbalances in the game, but its retarded to join the 'Fair Fight Movement'. Ever shot a footie when you're in a tank? TV missield anyone? Bombed something? Knife someone with his back turned?

I don't expect someone to go 'Hey polar, get in the plane/tank and lets have a fair dogfight/tankfight' If i get bombed while running for a plane, fine. Basecamped, Fine. Spawnraped, Fine. Part and parcel of the game, deal with it. It all takes some skill (a minimal even at worse) to do. If this guy is running around M203-ing everything that moves and doesn't, let him. If he sucks, his KDR = 1 or worse. If he's good, all glory to him, he got good with a grenade launcher.

One of the regulars in bf2s (can't remember who) is KICKASS with a PKM. I've seen him mow down my entire squad without us finding him yet. So the PKM's the n00b weapon now? Nope. I've taken out a roomful of snipers with a grenade. Grenade-wh0ring? I don't think so.

All in all, there's no such thing as 'fair play' in battlefield2, or in real war for that matter. The one with the bigger deathstick wins. I don't remember seeing US arming Iraq during the gulf war 'Here's some tanks and planes, give us a good run for money'. I only remember them bitching about guerilla tactics in 'Nam. (No disrespect meant to the yanks in the forums, even though i'm half canadian but i'm just stating it from my point of view).
pretty much my point. so when you DO finally get to have a challenging even-matched battle, you would love it wouldn't you?

and absolutely hate it if someone intefered, no?
RKF77
+1|6753
I think it's funny that so many people hate the grenade launcher...I use it exclusively from medium-to-long distances, and then laugh at people that call it the "noob tube".  If you're one of those that call it a noob tube when it's used at the proper distances, then you're a jackass, plain and simple.

It exists in real life, so it stands to reason it'll be in the game.  Being someone that uses it solely as it's intended, I'd personally  love to see EA code it so it does have a minimum arming distance...nothing irks me more than going out of my way to use it properly only to see some retard using it from 2 meters away and walking away without a scratch.
General_Nuts
+1|6772
I got M203'd in a buggy yesterday on wake island... the thing is, there were no enemies within the radius of the UAV, and I was driving at full speed!!!  I think someone got a really, really lucky shot off.  Either way, I didnt know one shot could take out a buggy, never seen it before.
Coolbeano
+378|6765

the grenade probably hit you or very close to your body in the buggy, the splash damage killed you but not the buggy.
dshak
+4|6815
take this opinion with a grain of salt, and bear in mind I pretty much never use the thing myself (check my stats if you don't believe me)... but I think it is kind of lame when people complain about being killed because they think the weapon used against them is too easy/powerful, etc etc...

the object of this game is to kill opponents, therefore burning their tickets. How can you blame people for using a weapon designed to kill for killing? There are a great many weakness to it, such as the reload time for example, they really arent that hard to deal with. Also, I don't think it is as much of a "noob" weapon as people make it out to be, it can be a challenge to fire that thing effectively because, as mentioned by many on here, it doesn't have an outrageous splash damage.

Then again I guess I shouldn't talk, because I think bunny hoping is the most ridiculous thing ever, and that is people using whatever means not to be killed, just the opposite of using whatever is available to kill. The only time I ever talk ANY smack is when I waist a bunny, and even then its usually just a snide little "nice bunny" remark.

Finally, common people... these posts where people complain because they are charging someone with a knife and get shot down are pretty stupid. this isn't samuri culture, there's no dishonor in blasting someone from the other team just because he's after some badge or wants to rack up knife kills. Those just might be the lamest complaints I see on here, "I'm mad because someone shot me with a gun." Imagine that... in a game like BF2...

Last edited by dshak (2005-11-19 23:17:32)

Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6745|St. Paul, MN
I say grenade launchers are ok to use just as long as you play with a little honor and decency, don't make it the only weapon you use and for god sake don't do point blank shots, it's stupid and unfair.
rc-combat
+1|6776
The M203 uses the same 40mm grenade that a M-79 and X-3 used in BFV. I think in BFV they were excellent weapons and EA should have coded them exactly as they were in BFV. The M-60/M-79 combo was a blast.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6745|St. Paul, MN
hey rc

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard