Poll

Are most admins idiots?

Yes62%62% - 135
No37%37% - 82
Total: 217
[IFF]DemonDave
+20|6576|hampshire england

A mere Shadow|= wrote:

Come on our TV2 servers, i admin both our wake 24/7 servers and our admins are fair, we got 24/7 servers for most maps just search for TV2 in the server list. And i understand what you mean about 10yr old admins but as DemonDave stated its the age of the admin and the clan that tends to affect gameplay i find that clan servers are more likely to have a nub admin than non-clan servers that have impartial ones.
also if the clan server has many silly rully like you can attack main bases then your probily going to find the admin are going to be just as unfair cos they like to spawn rape and they catch you
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6769|Brixham, UK
Absolutely not. It's just that the bad ones you notice because they are morons, and you don't notice the rest of the admins who are good admins because they do their job well.
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6637|Britain and Damn proud of it!

[IFF]DemonDave wrote:

A mere Shadow|= wrote:

Come on our TV2 servers, i admin both our wake 24/7 servers and our admins are fair, we got 24/7 servers for most maps just search for TV2 in the server list. And i understand what you mean about 10yr old admins but as DemonDave stated its the age of the admin and the clan that tends to affect gameplay i find that clan servers are more likely to have a nub admin than non-clan servers that have impartial ones.
also if the clan server has many silly rully like you can attack main bases then your probily going to find the admin are going to be just as unfair cos they like to spawn rape and they catch you
Although i don't like baserape it's allowed on our servers i don't do it myself but i still have to enforce the rule....
Linus
+53|6664

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

My vote goes to yes. Admins can base rape and spawn camp in uncappable base in armor while I can't shoot down a jet over carrair without getting kicked.

Admins can stat pad if someone takes action you get kicked.

Admins can teamswitch you can't.

and more
I couldnt agree more..

you know ALL those rules you see when entering a server ONLY apply to
the clients, not the admin or his clan buddies..

I been kicked so many times for owning a clan/admin it isnt funny...and they
make up rules on the fly as they go..

I got kicked from the Quebec 24/7 Wake Island server yesterday for... get this..

'Point Overage.. Max=50'

hahahahahahah!!!!!!  Why was I really kicked?  Because I was slaughtering their whole
FTC clan with my tank.. 10-11 kills in a row....zap Im kicked.
ReGmAn78
+16|6657|Alberta, Canada

RyansRangers wrote:

ReGmAn78 wrote:

I am an admin on my server and i rarely kick people unless someone complains or i notice it myself like tking or base rape, i keep a close eye on everything..but i am getting tired of some people getting pissed off at admins that do there jobs right in order to make the server fun.  I have probebly kicked more people off my own team for not following rules.  Oh and the other reason i kick people is for being plain rude to people,  most of us try to be fair, just wish people would realize this...and because i am a fair admin i have gotton alot of people coming back to our server, even as we call them NOOBs well if a NOOB comes into a server and strait off gets base raped what do you think his thoughts of the game are gonna be?  Remember guys alot of these NEW players are keeping our servers full and bf2 going strong...
This is war, get over it. If you dont like being based raped, break out and capture a flag to relieve some of the pressure! Its called thinking and using tactics. Squad up and listen to your squad leaders and commanders if your that incapable. Thats what their there for!
Did u even read my post? i wasnt complaining about base rape, I myself laugh at base rape cause it takes 2 minutes to get away from it.  And its just a fact every admin out there will tell u at least once they have seen newer players leave a server cause they are getting raped, if all the flags are taken then sure but right off the start in a game makes people wanna leave if they dont know how to get out of it.  And its not cool to see players leave cause some NeWb thinks he is good by spawn killing,  Fact is 90% of spawn killers cant defend themselve AWAY from a uncap, i just think its funny..
Rosse_modest
+76|6787|Antwerp, Flanders
Yes they are.
I just got kicked from a server (Dutch Special Force Team) for baseraping. I shot down the mec attack chopper on gulf of oman en route to his helo pad for repairs. Now I'm not a big fan of the whole baseraping thing, but once a helo or jet has taken off and has left the uncap base for the first time (I don't shoot jets still on the runway or choppers just heating up), the game's afoot for me. Baserape. Yeah right, as if when you're engaging an enemy jet you just take a break and stop firing when he flies over his airstrip. F'ing ridiculous.

Last edited by Rosse_modest (2006-07-15 13:09:42)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6532|Austin, Texas

Rosse_modest wrote:

Yes they are.
I just got kicked from a server (Dutch Special Force Team) for baseraping. I shot down the mec attack chopper on gulf of oman en route to his helo pad for repairs. Now I'm not a big fan of the whole baseraping thing, but once a helo or jet has taken off and has left the uncap base for the first time (I don't shoot jets still on the runway or choppers just heating up), the game's afoot for me. Baserape. Yeah right, as if when you're engaging an enemy jet you just take a break and stop firing when he flies over his airstrip. F'ing ridiculous.
I couldn't agree more. I have been kicked for killing a jet after chasing it while it went to repair. Not Taking off... repair. Should I just sit there and wait for it to repair so I can kill it again?

I have also been kicked for killing a heli of an admin while solo-flying a chopper. I swooped down under the bridge in kubra and said "wee" in local chat. The admin immediatley responded: YOU THINK THATS FUNNY YOU MOFO COME TRY IT AGAIN or something like that. With more language. I responded: I wasn't talking to you, chill out. DONT TELL ME TO CHILL OUT.

Player Madkatter being kicked for abusive behavior.
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6568|Oslo, Norway
Since they are human people just like us; Yes!
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6750

Rosse_modest wrote:

Yes they are.
It happened to me today. I was in VTC clan server. I was dog fighting a jet and got him when he was flying on carrair. he whines BASE RAPER! Bam Ban. wtf?
rogueguy
[ACB] Member
+26|6563|Cali
I'm an admin on our clan's server, I'm not an ass and I don't abuse my power either, it just depends on the type of admin you run across.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6693|The Lou
i get kick today, i was flying the jet and i see, !k hurley, high ping

so i check my ping before i get kicked, 49!!!!!!!!!!!

it was just because i was owning them and i was 16-1

then i get back in and ask why they did that and ban me for, BLAH BLAH BLAH

i was like o great, there goes like 30 points i made in about 3 minutes.... i was owning
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6641|Washington, DC

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

My vote goes to yes. Admins can base rape and spawn camp in uncappable base in armor while I can't shoot down a jet over carrair without getting kicked.

Admins can stat pad if someone takes action you get kicked.

Admins can teamswitch you can't.

and more
I've never done this in all my time as a BF2 admin.
Rabbit.v2
Banned
+186|6539|stalker.
I played at 24/7 WAKE, and the admin says if someones getting my chopper they will be banned,
I got the into the gunner seat and he banned me..

Not all admins are idiots but some of them,

Last edited by swe:D (2006-07-23 21:41:52)

mooncricket
Knife Whore
+10|6748|Alabama
I'm an admin..and I'm not an idiot..You just can't abuse your powers.
general_rookie
Get off my lawn, whippersnapper!!
+6|6706
I find that admins play more than most average players.  They play in their own servers with their own clans that they have to pay for.  This costs a lot of money.  They put up with a ton of bullshit from noobs and whores.  They take the extra time to manage games and put up with whining assholes who don't contribute shit monetarily.  If you think they are being unfair or cheating, remember, without RANKED servers (paid for by admins and clans), BF2 would be NOTHING.

If they are cheating or playing unfair tattle on them to another admin of that server.  Usually a shitty admin isn't the clan leader or server leader, just a friend of them.  I've found that most servers and clans appreciate being emailed on duchebag admins.  Admins acting like duchebags USUALLY only cheat or abuse powers when no one else from the clan is in the game.

If the jackass admin is in charge of the server and the clan at all times, report their ass to BF2RankedServers.  They'll take care of it.  Lastly, don't be a pussy, you know what you can get away with.  Dish out a little revenge towards a shitty admin.  Whats the worst thing to happen, getting banned??  No skin off my back getting banned or kicked from a server i wouldn't play again anyways.

Last edited by general_rookie (2006-07-23 21:47:28)

aridia
+2|6504|Australia
nobody notices a good admin
Vic
Whore
+7|6499|Omaha Beach

Simon wrote:

majorassult wrote:

Festu wrote:

Interesting...can you tell me ips?
72.36.225.5:16567

64.34.240.94:16567

72.232.83.6:16567

69.65.15.210:16567

64.34.180.198 16567

69.65.15.12:16567

66.199.229.107:16567

My favorites enjoy
Can you post the names of the servers too please? Because half of thowse are probly on my favourites and im looking for new Gulf servers, so I dont want to add the same ones
66.199.229.107:16567    <<<<- Thats mine.
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6777|Arizona
I'm an admin on PoW Ghost Town 24/7 Server (64.182.158.249:16567)...and we only have one rule, Commanders can't use armor, or fly helo's...that's it.  Everything else is fair game...including the occasional arty on uncap and spawn camp, but hell...it's war. 

So many times I've seen the other team have 2-3 other spawn points...but STILL decide to spawn at their main while the other team is ripping them up.  Then that team bitches at the spawncampers...when they have the option to spawn elsewhere.  Then ppl get mad at me for not enforcing nothin, and I have to remind them...it isn't against the rules here.  Thosw rules are left up to the person who pays for the server...so I tell them to deal with it, and they chose to complain.

Eh, point being...I've played this game for nearly a year, and I've seen my share of bad admins...i have those screenshots to prove it.    It's hit or miss when you look for random servers to play on.  I personally say find one that you are comfortable with, and become a regular, get to know the other regulars, and the admins.  You will be in a much better place. 
Toonces7
+11|6585|Iowa
Agree with everyone else's post.  A good admin is one that goes unnoticed.  I got booted for "spawn camping" a cappable flag lastnight.  I kept shooting the admin as soon as he respawned from the same cap point i was trying to take and he booted me.  I'd say my ratio of good admins to bad is at least 15-1.
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6572|Cheshire, UK
I wouldn't say that they are idiots, I would say they don't like to get beaten on their own server though...

"Its MY trainset!!!!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard