guitarguy77
+2|6489
I just bought SF today, and got it running, but every time I try to enter a server, everything loads up but then a box comes up saying that "this server does not allow people with a different version of the game to play" or something to that effect.  Are these possibly 1.4 beta servers?  Does 1.4 even affect special forces??  I am so confused...

Sorry if this should be in the SF help section.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.
do you have patch 1.3 installed?
guitarguy77
+2|6489
I installed it before I bought special forces, but then when I try to install it again, it just tells me I already have the patch installed...
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.
if i remember correctly, you are supposed to patch after you install special forces. doing it before gave people problems.
timdorr
+0|6807
Yep, the correct process is:

1) Install BF2
2) Install SF
3) Install 1.3 (or 1.4, if you like)

If you install SF after the patch, it will install the older version from the disc.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado
Thats why they told you to read the read me file after downloading the patch, it goes on to explain that you will have a back up copy of 1.3 & a beta copy of 1.4 , if you didnt make a back up then all you will be able to play is 1.4 beta which is obsolete now cause 1.4 version 2 just came out.
If you didnt make a back up look like its reinstall time , if you want to play with all the regular 1.3 peeps.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6650|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
repatch!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard