alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6692|Houston, Texas
they added this originally back in 1.21 i think it was, they just made the time setting larger
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6560|Winterpeg, Canada
They should've made a new animation, it looks like ur f'n sprinting, u look like a retard. Almost makes me not look forward to 1.4.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6587

MECtallica wrote:

im new and I hate prone spammers, they pop down instantly and boom im dead   randomspammer [PKM] mectallica
With your description of prone spamming i think you don't know what it is, therefore do something to get a faster reaction and stop whining about players that got a faster reaction and better aim then you.
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6524|Alabama, United States

The Last Black Winegum wrote:

I should think a Javelin AT-missile would pretty much vapourise a chopper......
Javelin's aren't made to hit something as fast moving as a chopper....
The dynamic optical tracking system they use would have quite a hard time hitting a chopper going 100+mph
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6524|Alabama, United States

fierce wrote:

They need to leave it how it is. If they're going to change it to your suggestion it takes out all dynamics of the game and to be honest, i want to have fun and action and fast action as infantry and not camp in a spot, because the movement gets nerfed again to a 70year old player.
The ability to do a dive, roll, and still have perfect aim during all those acrobatics isn't just not real, it's plain stupid.
Not to mention the fact that during the dive/roll you might as well give up trying to shoot them since the collision detection for that is poor at best.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6587

Hellfire(Fish) wrote:

The ability to do a dive, roll, and still have perfect aim during all those acrobatics isn't just not real, it's plain stupid.
Not to mention the fact that during the dive/roll you might as well give up trying to shoot them since the collision detection for that is poor at best.
And why not do something to increase the collision detection, instead of making this a game without movement? And if you cannot hit someone doing a roll (which he doesn't by intention, it's just an animation of the game) why don't you grab your clanmates and practice aiming?

I'm getting tired of people complaining about something that's in the game, but due to their lack of skill they cannot hit anything. The same goes with prone spamming, watch the tag of your opponent and you always know if he is prone, crouch or standing.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6623|Cambridge UK

Madhadda1 wrote:

are you fucking kidding me? you people are always wanting new and bullshit ways to take out the air because you cant do anything but aim and shot.... aa is good enough we dont need a new class or at rockets flying in the air taking out jets... /rant
Flyboy alert! Meanwhile the rest of us are sick of getting insta-killed while simply walking around.
tega
+4|6715

fierce wrote:

Hellfire(Fish) wrote:

And why not do something to increase the collision detection, instead of making this a game without movement? And if you cannot hit someone doing a roll (which he doesn't by intention, it's just an animation of the game) why don't you grab your clanmates and practice aiming?

I'm getting tired of people complaining about something that's in the game, but due to their lack of skill they cannot hit anything. The same goes with prone spamming, watch the tag of your opponent and you always know if he is prone, crouch or standing.
a) hmmm, i find it quite easy to shoot peeps whilst a) im moving and b) they are moving

like Hellfire(Fish) said, performing acrobatics and having insane accuracy is plain bull...

we need a balance between realism and fun , therefore adding a small delay to insta prone would be a fair and viable option.

fierce, you say your tired of peeps complaining about whats 'in the game' and blamming it on lack of skill ? then why did they change things like 'noob tubing' , that was a rather good deterrent to bunny hoppers n prone spammers .. ah wait , all those thousands who complained about it have no skill according to you , oops

cheers ]8-
thefousteph
+8|6750

Hellfire(Fish) wrote:

fierce wrote:

They need to leave it how it is. If they're going to change it to your suggestion it takes out all dynamics of the game and to be honest, i want to have fun and action and fast action as infantry and not camp in a spot, because the movement gets nerfed again to a 70year old player.
Your so F**king wright!!!

I always lost in thoses situations. And - without saying that i'm a great player - i'm skilled enough to shoot a bastard rolling on the floor!

What they need to do is to fix the detection for those rollin' basta'

Not removing everything that's fast in that fast paced game!

I'm done!
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6560|Winterpeg, Canada
i don't fucking get why their fixing "exploits", proning gives you better accuracy, so why the fuck not use it. What they need to get rid of is crashing problems, squad bugs (where you're fucking stuck in a squad), and glitches. Why the fuck do they have to make it look like ur sprinting when changing position level, the guy looks like he's f'n tripping.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6661|can
Congratulations Dice, you destroyed the Infantry combat in BF2!
xGBlitzkrieg
The Lazy Genius
+14|6555|USA, CA

Kontrolfreq wrote:

Madhadda1 wrote:

are you fucking kidding me? you people are always wanting new and bullshit ways to take out the air because you cant do anything but aim and shot.... aa is good enough we dont need a new class or at rockets flying in the air taking out jets... /rant
Flyboy alert! Meanwhile the rest of us are sick of getting insta-killed while simply walking around.
Lol So was i so i praticed and now some one else can die like i did! Nothing is fair in war! Lets make a video game refelct fairness, when live, death, and war, have never been fair! Wow what a great idea. But in all honesty i ate prone spammers, you know the guy that does it every single time they see you. But i dont see why it is sucha big deal, i dont run into those prone attackers often.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6771|Toronto, ON
This is what the complainers asked for, this is what they will get.

Either way, it will still make the pro players better and the complainers even worse.
Alpha as fuck.
The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6624|Lancashire, UK

Hellfire(Fish) wrote:

The Last Black Winegum wrote:

I should think a Javelin AT-missile would pretty much vapourise a chopper......
Javelin's aren't made to hit something as fast moving as a chopper....
The dynamic optical tracking system they use would have quite a hard time hitting a chopper going 100+mph
I was talking about damage-capabilites there really,    but as I'm sure you're aware,   choppers can hover.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6587

tega wrote:

we need a balance between realism and fun , therefore adding a small delay to insta prone would be a fair and viable option.

fierce, you say your tired of peeps complaining about whats 'in the game' and blamming it on lack of skill ? then why did they change things like 'noob tubing' , that was a rather good deterrent to bunny hoppers n prone spammers .. ah wait , all those thousands who complained about it have no skill according to you , oops
Honestly i don't know why it should be a fair and viable option to add an prone delay. It makes the game easier for players with a slower reaction and an inferior aim. On the other side you penalize all good players with this step. If you got a problem with someone who goes immediately prone, aims for your head and kills you with one shot, why don't you practice and do the same? No, you rather complain about it and want EA/DICE to nerf the movement again.

tega to come to your question about skill and complaining. I even didn't like the Bunnyhopping and shooting, it's just one thing that cannot work. Therefore i mostly welcome how they changed the movement with 1.2 and to be honest - BF2 V1.3 is one of the best Versions of BF2, if it wouldn't crash every 10 seconds!

With the step to add prone delay you're changing the movement again, you don't need to be a fortuneteller to say that it will slow down the game and trust me, the majority of players don't want this solution, they rather want EA/DICE to fix the hitdetection - and we all know, BF2's hitdetection is a joke.

If they're going to add something like a prone delay (luckily there isn't one in 1.4 Beta 1) then the good players will adapt, go crouch and shoot you in the head. What are you going to do then? Complain again with something like this: "Ohh, it's not fair - those exploiters (aka good players) go crouch, have this incredible aim and shoot me in the head, while i'm still waiting for my prone delay to finish. EA/DICE, please add a delay, i still cannot kill people."

Last edited by fierce (2006-07-10 12:26:26)

tega
+4|6715
my initial point was in 1.4 beta , they have added a delay to going upright from prone whilst shooting,
the OP stated ' This is a great improvement, I am glad they put this fix in. No way you can hit the deck and come off firing.  Good to see this change. ' , however from my vid its the other way around ,

my preference would be a small delay in firing as the player drops to the floor, not a major change, just something like they introduced into BF:V ...

i agree we dont want to see a slower paced BF2, and im sure we'll never see a bf2 patched up correctly with no more CTD's etc blah blah ...
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6550
Finally those damn max payne people end. Im walking down and alley spot a guy with a pkm open up with my g36c and the guy does a diving/shooting move and kills me before he is fully prone and all my shots miss because his head magically dove on the ground.
SteikeTa
+153|6766|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Jesus Christ..... the only reason why you people are complaining about this is because you cant kill those who do it... everything that kills you, you want dice to remove. "Ow, its too hard for me to kill someone who is prone spamming. Make a patch to remove it. All you complainers want is for dice to make it easier for you to kill someone who is better than you. When someone tells you what i just wrote, you reply with something like: no prone spamming is skill less... shooting while moving and then proning is skill less... well, who pressed all those buttons to do those things and still killed you? Yeah, he must be skill less and a worse player than you, and its the games fault. And i must not forget that it looks ridiculose and gay. Its not realistic and blablabla..... its how the game is... but you people just cant tolerate it. You want dice to fix it so it fits you better.... How many patches must come out before you are satisfied???? You never will be, cause those who are better than you, will still be better after every patch that comes out. Fix the crashes, wall glitching or what ever...
c0rce
+11|6587
Sorry but I think this delay has been added for a different reason than people here have said. The delay to shoot from prone to crouch is clearly to stop people using the animation bug, where the animation would take longer to get to crouch than the player did. Using this people could prone behind an object, go to crouch shoot their opponant and then return to prone without the enemy ever seeing you get up. I very rarely saw people doing this and have only been killed by someone doing it a few times.

This has nothing to do with people running and either going prone or crouching and then killing you, it may help prevent people who go crouch, prone, crouch, stand, crouch, prone, etc from being as effective, but once again I can count the number of times I have been killed by someone doing this on one hand.

Personally I think this is typical of the kind of patching that gets done on BF2, clearly there is and always has been a disparity between the animations and everything else. The animation shows you getting up from prone to crouch, in reality you and your hit boxes are almost instantly moving from prone to crouch, the animation shows you going prone in mid air and landing on the ground, in reality something totally different is happening with the hitboxes and the player is moving to the ground much faster.

So in order to fix this they have simply added a delay to shoot, what does this help? It stops a minority of players being able to use an exploit that was fairly useless. In reality they need to either change the animations to actually reflect what the player and the hitboxes are doing, or change the player transitions so they match the animations. When you go from prone to crouch it should take much longer for the screen to rise, during this time there is no reason to stop people shooting, just make it inaccurate. he trouble with this solution is that it requires more than a 2 minute adjustment of a delay parameter, it requires them to do right what they should have done before the game was released.
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6762

462nd NSP653 wrote:

Anyone discuss say a 5 second 'ghost' state upon spawning where you can run/move but not fire or take damage so that you would have time to react to somone camped on a flag?
not a fan of that idea, however they could fix the spawns.  make the spawn radius around a flag bigger and more random.  'cause right now, on any given flag, there's only like 3-5 places you'll appear (if that)...
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6739

fierce wrote:

tega wrote:

and nearly everyone insta prones shooting , thats not a skill more an exploit
It's not a skill if you got a fast reaction and you can therefore move quicker to the prone position, aim and kill the guy? Then my question, what's skill in BF2?
the problem is that IRL you can't shoot with any accuracy while throwing yourself onto the ground headfirst.
try it! in fact even try diving prone! stand up from your computer and throw yourself onto the ground. Now do it again and this time try to throw a tennis ball at a spot on the wall mid-dive.
aqempty
+6|6525|international waters
every new patch goes out at rockets deal less damage first u could kill a player firing a rocket to his feet and u could kill tanks with 3 missiles and apc with 2 and jeeps with 1, now a tank needs at least 4(the limit is 6 missiles and if has a engineer on the turret u cant beat it) apc with 3 and jeeps dont even get in fire with 1 missile.
and the main gun is crap(mp5 pp19 and the chinese one), bad aim low damage and too flew clips.
Snoopie66
To kill you i like!
+19|6552|Berlin, Germany

fierce wrote:

tega wrote:

Honestly i don't know why it should be a fair and viable option to add an prone delay. It makes the game easier for players with a slower reaction and an inferior aim. On the other side you penalize all good players with this step. If you got a problem with someone who goes immediately prone, aims for your head and kills you with one shot, why don't you practice and do the same? No, you rather complain about it and want EA/DICE to nerf the movement again.

tega to come to your question about skill and complaining. I even didn't like the Bunnyhopping and shooting, it's just one thing that cannot work. Therefore i mostly welcome how they changed the movement with 1.2 and to be honest - BF2 V1.3 is one of the best Versions of BF2, if it wouldn't crash every 10 seconds!

With the step to add prone delay you're changing the movement again, you don't need to be a fortuneteller to say that it will slow down the game and trust me, the majority of players don't want this solution, they rather want EA/DICE to fix the hitdetection - and we all know, BF2's hitdetection is a joke.

If they're going to add something like a prone delay (luckily there isn't one in 1.4 Beta 1) then the good players will adapt, go crouch and shoot you in the head. What are you going to do then? Complain again with something like this: "Ohh, it's not fair - those exploiters (aka good players) go crouch, have this incredible aim and shoot me in the head, while i'm still waiting for my prone delay to finish. EA/DICE, please add a delay, i still cannot kill people."
You got the wrong point! It is not that hard to hit a prone spammer, cause he is so skilled (in prone spamming) its so hard, because of a fu*king hitbox exploit.
The player model of an enemy is NOT equal to the hitbox representing where you can hit him.
So its not the skill of the player, its his use of an exploit which gives him an advantage.

For me, they dont need to include a prone delay, just optimize the damn net code and fix that hitbox exploit
so everyone can hit what he can see.
Consollus
+21|6744|Sweden

TrashBlinD wrote:

Congratulations Dice, you destroyed the Infantry combat in BF2!
I agree. The prone spamming fix is annoying, ugly, unnecessary and it makes the game feel sloppy. I'd hope that they would get rid of it in the 1.4 Beta Version 2, but instead the made it even worse. Now there's this freaking delay and strange vibration whenever you are changing positions. Good I hate it, it's just STUPID!
Consollus
+21|6744|Sweden

he_who_says_zonk wrote:

fierce wrote:

tega wrote:

and nearly everyone insta prones shooting , thats not a skill more an exploit
It's not a skill if you got a fast reaction and you can therefore move quicker to the prone position, aim and kill the guy? Then my question, what's skill in BF2?
the problem is that IRL you can't shoot with any accuracy while throwing yourself onto the ground headfirst.
try it! in fact even try diving prone! stand up from your computer and throw yourself onto the ground. Now do it again and this time try to throw a tennis ball at a spot on the wall mid-dive.
Yeah, but does that make the game more fun to play? No it doesn't!

Gameplay > Realism

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard