kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6582|Southeastern USA
yeah that's a joke, it would make a nice landfill, can you believe how pissed off NYC got when the federal government pointed out the part of the homeland security bill that stated that HS funds were only supposed to temporarily be used to pay for overtime and training of public safety personnel? funny how every other state could find that rule, but NYC couldn't, I've had friends from Manhattan tell me that New Yorkers thing that the US ceases to exist at the city limits

let me put it this way, how many of the flights used in the 9-11 attacks originated from NYC?
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6729|NJ
Well there where none from NYC but there where two from Newark.  My roommate at the time was on the runway when one of the flight took off, going on his honeymoon needless to say that marrage only lasted 9 months.

Wow Kracker I never thought about it that way at all, there might be attacks on the city but they will never start in New York.
GATOR591957
+84|6660

kr@cker wrote:

again, all money comes through congress, it's not the sole responsibility of the president, we can stop alot of that crap if they'd pass the line item veto, but Clinton's great plan was to not spend any money at all, and give as many federal employees pinkslips as possible
At least we weren't in debt.
Reaper2325
+2|6756|New Hartford, New York

TrollmeaT wrote:

He stole the second term with the help of his brother, before anyone knew what happened congress voted in George w again. Thats what happens when you spend $20 million + and still cant win. Bush = Statpadder.
I love that quote "Bush = Statpadder"

Seems like a true comment. Look at the Bush vs Gore campaign. Gore really won in 2000 by popular votes, but Bush's brother's state of Florida did some slick manipulations to get Bush to appear to win and Bush won the electoral votes. But the vote recount  after Gore receded showed he actually won. . That's a true sign of the government not truely representing its constituents.

I'd really like to see our govn't reps only make the salary as a Senator, Congressman, or President that that made in their real jobs right before they were elected. I doubt when George Washington was President that the government reps made more money in government than they did farming. Don't get me started on the new version of "Taxation Without Representation" because most of our elected officials no longer represent their constituents interests, just the interests of their biggest paying lobbyists and special interests groups. Otherwise, any new taxes should be put to a public vote at the local level and then to the States>Federal> then be implemented if it made it that far. Same for any govn't officials pay increases that are paid by taxes.

Oh well, things won't change unless we get a President, Congress, and Senate who aren't controlled by special interest groups and more worried about earning money for re-election than what really needs to be done.
Ether151
Banned
+22|6693
I guess that is what we get for electing a coke head for a president, bush is a fuck quack, we could eleminate the debt if we quit paying crazy amounts of money to people that quite frankly dont deserve it, people like rappers who throw all of there money away on dimond studded grils and stupid shit like that, movie stars that are going out and buying an island, and jets, and sports stars for playing a fucking game, when do I get my million for playing bf2???  Now Im not saying all of these people are bad but there are so many more of them that are just streight up greedy, they have basicaly more money then they could spend in there life time and instead of helping poor people and others that realy need the help the go out and get there cell phones covered in dimond, or pay $10,000 for a cup of coffie because they want it flown in from over seas in like an hour, there are movie stars that wear a pair of sock that they probly payed $300.00 for, one time and then they throw them away.  God you could feed a poor famliy for a month.  Rich people make me sick.
topthrill05
+125|6611|Rochester NY USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

BigmacK192 wrote:

JohnnyBlanco wrote:

If, by 2041, the US is paying more interest on its loans then it earns in tax revenue then your all fooked but i doubt it will get that bad.  Bush sucks ass, why the fuck did you give him a second term? Duh!!!
Keep your comments "across the pond" mate. This is our issue. Don't talk like you know everything. And what you hear on the liberal news networks isn't necessarially "fact".
Yes because the media is paid to lie, that really starts to pull in the ratings. I'd rather watch the care bears for my news then the actually news??? what's wrong with people
and whittsend(I think that's close enought) don't you think it's kinda stupid to give so much when we don't have it to give?? I would rather infastructures in our city's and an actually econimy be built up in our country then Iraq, or Isreal for that matter.
The media is payed to lie. With there lies they get ratings and sell more news papers. While they might not be direct lies they do in fact twist the truth in there bias. We also have tons to give and we get nothing back from it. Instead people from other country's continue to bash and voice there ignorant opinions about us.

I am sick of it. Country's that we give aid to trash us and then some even attack us.

Israel is a good example of how when you try to do good you get screwed for it. I support what they are doing. Although they are attacking the wrong people.
topthrill05
+125|6611|Rochester NY USA

Ether151 wrote:

I guess that is what we get for electing a coke head for a president, bush is a fuck quack, we could eleminate the debt if we quit paying crazy amounts of money to people that quite frankly dont deserve it, people like rappers who throw all of there money away on dimond studded grils and stupid shit like that, movie stars that are going out and buying an island, and jets, and sports stars for playing a fucking game, when do I get my million for playing bf2???  Now Im not saying all of these people are bad but there are so many more of them that are just streight up greedy, they have basicaly more money then they could spend in there life time and instead of helping poor people and others that realy need the help the go out and get there cell phones covered in dimond, or pay $10,000 for a cup of coffie because they want it flown in from over seas in like an hour, there are movie stars that wear a pair of sock that they probly payed $300.00 for, one time and then they throw them away.  God you could feed a poor famliy for a month.  Rich people make me sick.
Total disrespect for our country's leader. You might not like him, but you should still respect him. In fact you didn't even give a reason why you don't like him. Few that I ask can, they just repeat what there parents say or what the TV says to them.

On top of that your comment about rappers and movie stars might just be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard.

Why? Because these people HELP our economy. Notice how they SPEND the money on things. This is how an economy works. While I do agree they could be helping the poor, it is not bad what they are doing.

I am no where near rich but as long as the rich are spending money I could care less. The worst thing they could do is save it.
cpt.fass1
+329|6729|NJ
I don't like bush because he is horrible at the diplomacy game(which is his primary job). He back peddles all the time, says one thing that's not true then 6 months down the line says something different. Has only acted on the war on terror and has really done nothing else since then.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

GATOR591957 wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

again, all money comes through congress, it's not the sole responsibility of the president, we can stop alot of that crap if they'd pass the line item veto, but Clinton's great plan was to not spend any money at all, and give as many federal employees pinkslips as possible
but the economy was in the tank, the federal deficit is not the weather gauge of the economy, employment rates and the housing market are, try looking up the trends in each for the past 3 decades

and bush's main job is protecting the US, not kissing Chirac's ass

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-07-14 11:43:33)

cpt.fass1
+329|6729|NJ
Yup and the housing market is going to be in real trouble soon.
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6791|MA, USA
The Housing market is already in trouble.  My house has been on the market for four months.  I haven't gotten a single offer, and it is the cheapest house in town!
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
you should really think about dismantling the meth lab before viewings
KtotheIMMY
+513|6796
Americans live on money they don't have yet. Screw Bill Gates, if the heirs of the Walmart fortune really wanted to 'give back to the community' they would be worth a combined 78.9 billion. Bill is only worth 50.

The World's Richest People

17     Christy Walton     United States     51     15.9     United States
17     Jim Walton     United States     58     15.9     United States
19     S Robson Walton     United States     62     15.8     United States
20     Alice Walton     United States     56     15.7     United States
21     Helen Walton     United States     86     15.6     United States

Source: http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/10/Rank_1.html
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6791|MA, USA

kr@cker wrote:

you should really think about dismantling the meth lab before viewings
That's not a flaw, that's a "feature."

Last edited by whittsend (2006-07-14 12:22:45)

|AIA| DAS
+23|6530|Me Dad's Wilkins
Point of Order, America was in debt when Clinton was in office as well, The difference is he proposed and passed a budget with a surplus.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6718|United States of America
I simply cannot wait until some European government makes a mistake. I plan to milk that for a loooonnnnnggg time like these people are doing.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
wait?

it happens all the time, maybe that's why they focus so much on ours

either that or they just say "we want to be unemployed"

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-07-14 12:47:42)

SoC./Omega
+122|6574|Omaha, Nebraska!

Konfusion0 wrote:

lol - america has already been in debt for quite a while, and after having them step on Switzerland and Brazil's feet, I have no feelings to spare...
and you would know this how? we arent going broke jesus christ that is about one of the stupidest things ive ever heard. America is spending but so is every other country, WE ARE AT WAR douy? We have over 1 trillion i dont think we are going broke
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
I'm gooing to go home, wipe my ass with a 20, buy some blow, snort it through another 20 off the thigh of the illegal alien I traded my playstation for last week, then roll it up and light my cigar. I bet she needs to go to the bathroom again. I should really get her a longer ankle chain, the stove is pretty far away from the bathroom, but at least she has the kitchen sink. I don't care if she pisses in it, she's the one that has to clean it

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-07-14 13:14:28)

Ether151
Banned
+22|6693

topthrill05 wrote:

Ether151 wrote:

Total disrespect for our country's leader. You might not like him, but you should still respect him. In fact you didn't even give a reason why you don't like him. Few that I ask can, they just repeat what there parents say or what the TV says to them.

On top of that your comment about rappers and movie stars might just be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard.

Why? Because these people HELP our economy. Notice how they SPEND the money on things. This is how an economy works. While I do agree they could be helping the poor, it is not bad what they are doing.

I am no where near rich but as long as the rich are spending money I could care less. The worst thing they could do is save it.
And you obviously don't know how to read, I also stated that not all of them are doing this it is the ones that are that piss me off, also alot of these movie stars and rappers go and spend there money in other countrys, how does this benifit us??  If Tom Cruse goes and buys a million dollar home in Spain how do we profit from that, you are the ignorant one here you are so quick to respond you didn't even ready what I said, so next time before you go and open your fat mouth you should learn to read you stupid fuck, and I don't respect the president, respect is only give where it is due, President Bush is a tool of our government.  do you think he actualy writes all of his speaches or has any kind of mind of his own?  Hell no he makes no sense when he make public speaches, he bumbles his words and when some one askes him a question he sometimes just sits there and stares because he hasent been programed to answer that question.  He says one thing then realizes what he has said and then turnd around and say the compleat oposite. Im sorry but if you can't even finish a compleat thought when speaking to the nation then you have no right to be running it.  Bushes response to the Disaster that happened in the south was lacking in every way I had a Grandparents that died out there because of his actions.  I to am no where close to rich, I am actual border line poverty, and I know how a economy works, it is the people that throw there money away on stupid shit that doesn't sit right with me.  So fuck you.

Last edited by Ether151 (2006-07-14 13:34:25)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6718|United States of America
"Part 4: Keeping a Level Head

It's EXTREMELY easy to get irate over the debate forums - easier than anywhere else on the bf2s forums.  Usually topics brought up here are ones that people are passionate about an dhave strong opinions on.  It's important to remember that even though you feel strongly about something it doesn't make you right.  This is good to keep in mind though, because it does not make the person you are arguing against right either.  Seldomly are you going to change someones mind on a subject if they're passionate about it.  Remember that your goal in a debate is to get people who could swing either way to choose your side.

NEVER ATTACK SOMEONE PERSONALLY IN A DEBATE.  We're not politicians here - no one is running for the Presidency.  If you win or lose a debate it will only be in your own mind.  If you feel you've made a better point, then you've won - simple as that.  You have nothing riding on a debate in this section.  If you decide to attack someone personally in a debate (i.e. you're a fucking (insert race/gender/creed/whatever here)) then you are admitting to that person, and the entire board, that you could not come up with an intelligent response to what you've been challenged with.  You've taken the easy way out, and in doing so have lost the debate.

If you're attacked personally, don't worry about it.  Seriously - after reading harsh words look at your body.  No blood was drawn - you're going to be fine, I promise.  If you can shrug it off and be the bigger man and continue to make your point without sinking your attackers level, then you are a strong person and will be admired for it.  Being provoked only works if you let it get to you, so don't."

-The Premier Guide to Debate
GATOR591957
+84|6660

kr@cker wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

but the economy was in the tank, the federal deficit is not the weather gauge of the economy, employment rates and the housing market are, try looking up the trends in each for the past 3 decades

and bush's main job is protecting the US, not kissing Chirac's ass
As I recall the year 1999, my 401K was rising at a phenomenal rate, we were not at war.  Unemployment rate in PHX was 3.4%, same as it is today.  Foreign trade deficit was nowhere near what it is today.  Gas was $1.80 here in Phoenix and I was bitching it was high and Clinton was being impeached for shooting at a dress.  Chaney shoots at a guys face and gets nothing.  Anyway my point is my kids did not have a national debt that will cripple their finances for most of their life.  This President has done that.  44 Trillion worth and rising every day.  You can tell me circumstances and events caused it and I'll agree they had something to do with it.  I think even the most staunch republicans cannot be happy with this President's spending.

I guess it all depends on your definition of safe.  To me economic dependence on other countries is not making this country safe.  I.E. OIL!!!  Manufactured goods, etc.  Let's just take steel for an example.  Being from PA originally.  Steel prices have risen over 40% in the last 6 months.  How many steel factories are in the US now vs 8 yrs ago?  If the Saudi's ever decided to pull their money out of the US we would lose 6% of saved money in the US.  There was a time not too long ago when we were the supplier to the world, times have certainly changed.

Last edited by GATOR591957 (2006-07-14 15:12:46)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
no I'm not, but I'm not happy with congress's spending either, but it's inaccurate to judge an entire nation's economy by the experience of one person

unemployment, spiked around september 2001, then began a steady decrease
http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet
we are at a low point now, and the average is still far better than clinton's, in fact, even with the WTC attack Bush's highest unemployment numbers are about the same as clintons average

average hourly earnings of production workers

here there are some sharp drops, yet there are also astounding recoveries, pay close attention to the dates of the drops

here the sharpest drops and longes low periods were under clinton's frat party, and in spite of several low points, again around september 2001, Bush's average is much higher

the percent change of the consumer price index has seen some alarming jumps recently, though as always, it is still negligible, this is often caused by inflation, which in turn is often caused by rapid economic growth, this is what the fed has been trying so hard to regulate with it's changes in the interest rate percentages

the only time we have seen a drop in employment was again around september 2001, but it immediately went on an increase, note the rapid recovery, and refer again to the inflation of the consumer price index

edit:damn none of the links are working, try this page and set each chart (use the dinosaur looking button) for whichever years you want to cover, for the sake of this argument, I used '92 to current

http://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.us.htm

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-07-14 15:53:42)

GATOR591957
+84|6660

kr@cker wrote:

no I'm not, but I'm not happy with congress's spending either

average hourly earnings of production workers

here there are some sharp drops, yet there are also astounding recoveries, pay close attention to the dates of the drops

here the sharpest drops and longes low periods were under clinton's frat party, and in spite of several low points, again around september 2001, Bush's average is much higher

the percent change of the consumer price index has seen some alarming jumps recently, though as always, it is still negligible, this is often caused by inflation, which in turn is often caused by rapid economic growth, this is what the fed has been trying so hard to regulate with it's changes in the interest rate percentages

the only time we have seen a drop in employment was again around september 2001, but it immediately went on an increase, note the rapid recovery, and refer again to the inflation of the consumer price index
I believe the unemployment numbers are skewed.  As I recall this administration passed a movement to include military in their employment numbers.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
because troops don't have jobs?

you may have missed the first link while i was editing, it's not in your quote

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-07-14 15:42:17)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard