HM1{N}
+86|6641|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

Kmarion wrote:

If you paid attention to what he was saying it's not Iran's influence but China and Russia. He does not want to invade Iran.Your technique all too is typical. The whole "he is just trying to scare you into a war". That's not what he said so maybe ease off on the spin please. He does not have an answer. He is pointing out who really is pulling the strings. Why do you think both Russia and China veto any vote that would call for some punishment on Iran or N.Korea . Put two and two together.
Russia did not veto, they abstained, only China vetoed.
HM1{N}
+86|6641|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

T0rr3nt wrote:

HM1{N} wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

Is ther enough server space to list the violations of palestine and other nations against israel? Oh, that's right, the UN doesn't care, the jews are just supposed to sit there and watch their families get slaughtered.
You really need to get a clue...

If Israel had not stolen the land and murdered the people who were there for the last 60 years, there wouldn't be any fighting.  The only people who have been getting slaughtered are the people in the countries around Israel.

Israel is the SINGLE LARGEST AGRESSOR in the middle east.  They are at the root of everything that is wrong with that area.

You need to read the resolutions, most of them deal with Israel murdering the people who were there and then stealing their land...
lets see after 6 million plus were murdered in ww2, where the hell did you want the israels to go, not back to ISRAEL? they have been there for 3000+ years. id say its their land.
WRONG, it was never their land, the Jews murdered the Caananites to get the land...I believe it was Constantine that then went in and took out the Jews.  The land was never originally owned by the Jews, it was owned by Muslims.

Your point about WWII is moot, they were offered places all over Europe but they didn't want to stay there, instead they went back to the Middle East, ILLEGALLY took the land, ILLEGALLY took Jerusalem, etc...

Last edited by HM1{N} (2006-07-14 03:53:04)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6552
Some Lebanese perspectives, courtesy of the BBC...

GABY BAYRAM, 30, CONSULTANT

Gaby Bayram says the streets of Beirut are quiet
Everything is very quiet here. The mood is subdued, hesitant and tense.

I live in an area which is usually very lively and noisy with traffic and people walking around. This morning, there were just a few fishermen about.

Yesterday, people were out and about getting on with their daily lives. It's quite the opposite today. The attack on the airport was a real shock. People expect the power stations to be hit tonight and Beirut will be in darkness.

I think Hezbollah's action are completely out of line. They are acting independently of the Lebanese government and have no right to incite this violence against Israel.

Initially, I thought Israel's reactions in destroying Hezbollah positions and escape routes were appropriate. But the killing of civilians and the bombing of civilian installations, including the airport, is completely unjustified and excessive.

I expect it to get worse.

Hezbollah's demands are ridiculous and I don't think they will be met. Lebanon will be reduced to rubble before these prisoners are returned.

EDMOND KHOURY, 52, EDUCATIONAL HEAD

People are distraught today. The public is utterly fed up with this. We thought this violence was behind us.

When the situation gets tough between Israel and the Palestinians, we pay the price. We pay for all the mishaps and bad policies in the Middle East.

This country is carrying the pains of the entire Arab world.

Worse still, it looks like a group of people are getting their commands from outside the country. We have a president who is fully behind Hezbollah, a puppet for Syria.

We knew there would be skirmishes down south, but we didn't know how far the situation would escalate and we don't know what more could come.

There is a saying here: "Don't tickle a sleeping tiger, because you will be eaten." What did we really expect?

Since the foundation of the state of Israel, we have paid the price. In just two years this conflict will be 60 years old. Why doesn't the international community step in and find a serious solution?

All we want is a peaceful Middle East.

Meanwhile the Lebanese who suffered for 30 years during the war can prepare themselves for more suffering.
Possum61
+9|6746|Philly PA USA

King_County_Downy wrote:

So what's your solution to all of this Poe? You seem to know everything. What should Isreal do?
Nuke them all thats the solution
Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6577|Nottingham, UK
The state of Israel was formed in 1948. The Palestine Mandate divided the territory (called Palestine oddly enough) between the Arabs and the Jews. You'd be forgiven for thinking that the Arabs would get an equal share, considering the land was disputed.

The United Nations gave the Jewish people 55% of the land.

Lets have a look at who voted which way for this resolution.

wikipedia wrote:

The 33 countries that voted in favor of the partition, as set by UN resolution 181: Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Belarus, Canada, Costa Rica, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Guatemala, Haiti, Iceland, Liberia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Sweden, South Africa, Ukraine, United States, USSR, Uruguay, Venezuela.

The 13 countries that voted against UN Resolution 181: Afghanistan, Cuba, Egypt, Greece, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.
So the Arab states/nations predominantly voted against resolution 181. We'd fought with the Arabs, we'd fought against the Arabs, but no-one look at the figures and forsaw this situation down the line?

Come off it.

Reactions?

wikipedia wrote:

The majority of the Jews and Jewish groups accepted the proposal, in particular the Jewish Agency, which was the Jewish state-in-formation.' [No Shit Sherlock, You Got The Lions Share]

The Arab leadership (in and out of Palestine) opposed the plan, arguing that it violated the rights of the majority of the people in Palestine, which at the time was 67% non-Jewish (1,237,000) and 33% Jewish (608,000). Arab leaders also argued a large number of Arabs would be trapped in the Jewish State as a minority. While some Arab leaders opposed the right of the Jews for self-determination in the region, others criticised the amount and quality of land given to Israel. (The proposal, however, was not solely for the Jews in Palestine but for a secure homeland for Jews outside of Palestine.)
Seriously, this started because the West as a whole turned round and said 'omg children, play nicely, share the cake, here you go Sammy, have the bigger share, and Amir, you can have this smaller bit, that hasn't got as much icing.

Note I said the West, not the Americans. But, to be honest, America is the best example to deomnstrate a point that should be made. Would the Americans, as a people, accept a 45% share of the the entire territory to be the 'new' USA, and the other 55% to be assigned as the Native American Nation?

This is going on the assumption that the Jewish peoples claim on the territory of Palestine is still good and true after so much time, surely the people who were there before the settlers came to America deserve the same treatment as the Jewish? After all, being 'given' reservations to live on when the land as a whole was once your home is a little... insulting.

The Jews and the Arabs couldn't share. So the West made them share, but played favourites. And to this day people play the 'favourite child' game. Oh, and considering the fact these people HATE/D each other with a passion unrivalled by any Hero/Villain combo, look at the way the land was split. Good Work on securing wars for decades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947_UN_Partition_Plan

Oh and stop talking about CameronPoe like he's fucking clueless, an Irishman is at least as qualified to talk about terrorism, invasion and occupation as any of you.
BVC
+325|6693

Foxhoundmgw wrote:

The state of Israel was formed in 1948. The Palestine Mandate divided the territory (called Palestine oddly enough) between the Arabs and the Jews. You'd be forgiven for thinking that the Arabs would get an equal share, considering the land was disputed.

The United Nations gave the Jewish people 55% of the land.

Lets have a look at who voted which way for this resolution.

wikipedia wrote:

The 33 countries that voted in favor of the partition, as set by UN resolution 181: Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Belarus, Canada, Costa Rica, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Guatemala, Haiti, Iceland, Liberia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Sweden, South Africa, Ukraine, United States, USSR, Uruguay, Venezuela.

The 13 countries that voted against UN Resolution 181: Afghanistan, Cuba, Egypt, Greece, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.
So the Arab states/nations predominantly voted against resolution 181. We'd fought with the Arabs, we'd fought against the Arabs, but no-one look at the figures and forsaw this situation down the line?

Come off it.

Reactions?
Those lists make you think huh...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6552

Lisik wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Israeli Response: [Please bear in mind that Hezbollah do not represent the people of Lebanon or the government of Lebanon]
U guys just dont know what are u talking about! All this topick is useless!
The statement I made in that quote is a statement of fact. If you believe it to be otherwise then that's your prerogative, I can't change that - I certainly wouldn't be happy with my country if it decided to blow up innocent civilians and the infrastructure of a neighbouring nation in repsonse to the acts of a few men that had been sponsored by an entirely different country.

Analogy time:

The 'Real IRA' detonated a bomb in the city of Omagh in Northern Ireland in 1998. The bomb killed 29 people. Those people claim to be representing Ireland but in fact are not endorsed by either me or the Irish government or the vast majority of the people of Ireland. The 'Real IRA' does not represent us.

Are you suggesting that the UK would have been well within their rights to blow up Dublin airport, the M50, M1 and other arterial routes around Ireland in response to this? Should they have started shelling Dundalk, Drogheda, Monaghan and Letterkenny? What would they have hoped to achieve by carrying out such acts?

I am no fan of the insitutions or government of the UK or their presence on my island but I am thankful that they are capable of common sense, decency (most of the time) and restraint at times when it is vital that these principles be held to.

By bombing Lebanon Israel are achieving nothing. Please come back to me with what you think they are achieving - I'm interested as to your views on this.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-07-14 05:53:15)

Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6577|Nottingham, UK
Ahh, you took my 'give up' and raised it with 'Served like Voltron' I see.

Good Work Fella.

But theres one MAJOR problem with your analogy.

If we did any of those things. No More Real Guiness!
Now, I don't drink it myself, but the English as a whole seem to like it.
TC><Injecter
+4|6825|Berlin, Germany

CameronPoe wrote:

--- something about golan heights not being gived up --- didnt find the original sentence again ---
Hey Syria doesnt fucking need the water. Israel does to plant suff in Negev. What do you think would Syria do, if they still had it... Let Israel get the needed water? I think they would fucking cut it.

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Israeli-Syrian Border and Air Battle (Nov. 13, 1964)—Israel and Syria both claimed sovereignty over several Demilitarized Zones along their border.  These Zones were set up as part of the cease-fire ending the First Arab-Israeli War.  Israel attempted to farm the land in these Zones, while Syria developed a project to divert water from the Jordan River, which Israel shared with both Syria and Jordan.  Syrian forces often fired on Israeli tractors attempting to farm the Zones, while Israel looked for ways to interrupt the Syrian diversion project.  On Nov. 13, 1964, Syrian forces stationed on the top of the Golan Heights, a plateau overlooking Israeli territory in the Jordan River valley, fired on Israeli tractors.  Israeli forces returned fire.  Syrian artillery then targeted Israeli civilian villages.  Israel responded with air attacks on Syrian forces.  This battle resulted in 4 Israeli dead and 9 wounded.  Syrian losses included two tanks and machines involved in the diversion project. One result of this clash was Syria’s accelerated acquisition of more and better Soviet-made fighter planes. (Oren, 2001).
Israel made mistakes yeah. But it was trying to make peace.

Killing civilians is not goot nor is it on purpose!

Right after Israel gave up gaza, what happened? The idiots started firing rockets from there. "AHAHAHA NOW I CAN FUCK THEM FROM HERE INSTEAD OF IN FRONT OF THE STRIP AHAHAHAH"

And now they take hostages... I say in the last few years Israel waited ... and waited (especially the last year the didnt do many things they could have) and now?! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! FUCK EM!

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Foreign Empires that ruled in Israel
587 BCE Babylonian
Destruction of the first Temple.

538-333 BCE Persian
Return of the exiled Jews from Babylon and construction of the second Temple (520-515 BCE).

333-63 BCE Hellenistic
Conquest of the region by the army of Alexander the Great (333 BCE). The Greeks generally allowed the Jews to run their state. But, during the rule of the king Antiochus IV, the Temple was desecrated. This brought about the revolt of the Maccabees, who established an independent rule. The related events are celebrated during the Hanukah holiday.

63 BCE-313 CE Roman
The Roman army led by Titus conquered Jerusalem and destroyed the Second Temple at 70 CE. Jewish people were then exiled and dispersed to the Diaspora. In 132, Bar Kokhba organized a revolt against Roman rule, but was killed in a battle in Bethar in Judean Hills. Subsequently the Romans decimated the Jewish community, renamed Jerusalem as Aelia Capitolina and Judea as Palaestina to obliterate Jewish identification with the Land of Israel (the word Palestine, and the Arabic word Filastin originate from this Latin name).
The remaining Jewish community moved to northern towns in the Galilee. Around 200 CE the Sanhedrin was moved to Tsippori (Zippori, Sepphoris). The Head of Sanhedrin, Rabbi Yehuda HaNassi (Judah the Prince), compiled the Jewish oral law, Mishna.
Quite explaining hah?

And Cameron, for the Sinai Peninsula part:

Darth_Fleder wrote:

The Six-Day War (1967)--In a rapid pre-emptive attack, Israel crushed the military forces of Egypt, Jordan and Syria and seized large amounts of land from each. Iraq also participated in the fighting on the Arab side.

The War of Attrition (1968-1970)--The War of Attrition was a limited border war fought between Egypt and Israel in the aftermath of the Six-Day War. It was initiated by Egypt as a way to recapture the Sinai Peninsula after losing it to Israel in 1967. A cease-fire in 1970 ended the fighting, but left the borders unchanged.
Hm... There was a war you lost so fuck off. Start a war again --- lost. Why should Israel give it back ?!

Last edited by TC><Injecter (2006-07-14 06:34:23)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

spastic bullet wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

If you paid attention to what he was saying it's not Iran's influence but
China and Russia.
So China and Russia are funding Hezbollah now?  Again, I'll point out that China and Russia have their own "little problems with Islam" (see top of page), so Bill is banking on his audience's ignorance.  That's how he gets away with saying China and Russia have no problem with the "evil jihad".  You are the one that needs to pay attention.  But don't pay attention to Fox -- it's the only news source in the US where paying more attention actually makes you more ignorant.  LOL.

Kmarion wrote:

He does not want to invade Iran.Your technique all too is typical. The whole "he is just trying to scare you into a war". That's not what he said so maybe ease off on the spin please.
Dude, he goes off about it being "the start of World War Three".  How much more scaremonger-y do you want to get?!  This is the most ludicrous argument I've ever been in.  Why am I even bothering?

Kmarion wrote:

He does not have an answer.
Halle-frickin-lujah!  Some sense, finally!  Now if only he would stop acting like he does!

Kmarion wrote:

He is pointing out who really is pulling the strings.
Yes, yes, we know.  Russia and China, evil foreign communist jihadist illegal aliens.  BOO!

Kmarion wrote:

Why do you think both Russia and China veto any vote that would call for some punishment on Iran or N.Korea . Put two and two together.
I dunno, because they think for some unknown reason that a certain country would be invading those countries at the slightest sign of encouragement (or utter lack thereof) from the international community?
You need to get off the Fox-crack, my friend.
I'll make it very simple for you guys.

1. Do you think Iran supports Hezbollah ?
2. Do you se that China and Russia protect Iran in almost everything done at the UN ?
3. Do you know what Hezbollah does?

It's not hard to understand. I can only hope one day you will get over your I hate everything about the US goverment and open your eyes and see what the rest of the world is doing.

I am not talking about invading Iran. You still repeat saying that when no where have I or that video suggested that. Move on, get over it and try to come up with something new.

I am talking about  ANYTHING NON-MILITARY. You stay on your path and see where it gets you.

spastic bullet wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

He does not have an answer.
Halle-frickin-lujah!  Some sense, finally!  Now if only he would stop acting like he does!
Do you ? At least I am making a true effort to understand the real problem first and am not denying what is infront of everyones face, plain and simple.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-07-14 06:20:46)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
TC><Injecter
+4|6825|Berlin, Germany
Just to clear the other thing up: Palestinians come from greece. So nobody stole something from someone. It never belonged to them.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6558
According to whom?  Besides which, the fact that I come from Europe doesn't mean it wouldn't be theft if someone took my house.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6655|Australia
What Israel is doing to Lebanon is a crime. If i was the Hezbolla i would kill the captives in retaliation for this absolutely disproportional attack on a soverign state. Yes the hezbollah did start it, but i think Israel's retaliation has been extremely to harsh. I think they are trying to prove something - like it is a flexing of their muscle. but this shouldnt happen, especially when so far it really has only been civilians that have payed the price.
i think that the blockade is absolutely atrocious - i can understand israels want for the prisoners not to be transported, but this blockade has stranded thousands of tourists and has shut down the lebanese economy. 4 million lives are at risk because israel is chasing 2. all i can say is the french have earned my respect by being one of the few countries that have told off the israelis for what they are doing
i know this may sound one sided, but i am lebanese and have a lot of family members over there, so please understand any bias i may have. i tried for this to be a preety even sided post
Erkut.hv
+124|6732|California

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

What Israel is doing to Lebanon is a crime. If i was the Hezbolla i would kill the captives in retaliation for this absolutely disproportional attack on a soverign state. Yes the hezbollah did start it, but i think Israel's retaliation has been extremely to harsh. I think they are trying to prove something - like it is a flexing of their muscle. but this shouldnt happen, especially when so far it really has only been civilians that have payed the price.
i think that the blockade is absolutely atrocious - i can understand israels want for the prisoners not to be transported, but this blockade has stranded thousands of tourists and has shut down the lebanese economy. 4 million lives are at risk because israel is chasing 2. all i can say is the french have earned my respect by being one of the few countries that have told off the israelis for what they are doing
i know this may sound one sided, but i am lebanese and have a lot of family members over there, so please understand any bias i may have. i tried for this to be a preety even sided post
Go and join up sparky.

Uncle Ahmed wants you!  <== Someones gotta make a poster of that.

"French have earned my respect" Gotcha tiger.

Even sided post my ass.
TC><Injecter
+4|6825|Berlin, Germany
Lebanon should have fucking done something itself. It didnt. Now Israel does.

(Excuse all my fuckings... Im just too mad about all this crap happening in the middle east.... FUCK)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

Yes the hezbollah did start it, but i think Israel's retaliation has been extremely to harsh.
Tell that to the families of those Isreali soldiers. Perhaps Lebanon will think twice before allow terrorist to operate in their borders ?

I think they are trying to prove something - like it is a flexing of their muscle.
Given the positiion Isreal has I can say I understand why they would need to "Flex their muscles". The region of the world that they live in hates them and would stop at nothing to get rid of them if they had the oppurtunity.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
TC><Injecter
+4|6825|Berlin, Germany

Major_Spittle wrote:

CameronPoe- Your Sig. pictures crack me up.
You have on yourself... ALthough yours is funny...

Major_Spittle wrote:

Why does it piss you off that the terrorist groups are finally getting what they wanted from Israel???  Obviously they didn't want peace or land because Israel gave them that but it was not enough for them.
Thank you for that sentence!

Major_Spittle wrote:

Instead of France why don't you put your money where your mouth is and go vacation with your family in Palestine.  I'm sure you would be in no danger, they are very reasonable people.
He wouldnt do that because bad israel would shell him... Ok he did... I just had to say that lil cynic sentence...

Major_Spittle wrote:

BTW- I am not a Nazi, You are the one who hates Jews.
He probably doesnt hate jews but israel - or at least its government.

Last edited by TC><Injecter (2006-07-14 06:48:55)

TheEqualizer
+6|6529|Maryland, USA
I have an Isreali paratrooper bag.  It's my favorite bag I've ever owned.

https://www.militaryclothing.com//ImgUpload/P_193491_374869.jpg
CameronPoe
+2,925|6552

TC><Injecter wrote:

And Cameron, for the Sinai Peninsula part:

Darth_Fleder wrote:

The Six-Day War (1967)--In a rapid pre-emptive attack, Israel crushed the military forces of Egypt, Jordan and Syria and seized large amounts of land from each. Iraq also participated in the fighting on the Arab side.

The War of Attrition (1968-1970)--The War of Attrition was a limited border war fought between Egypt and Israel in the aftermath of the Six-Day War. It was initiated by Egypt as a way to recapture the Sinai Peninsula after losing it to Israel in 1967. A cease-fire in 1970 ended the fighting, but left the borders unchanged.
Hm... There was a war you lost so fuck off. Start a war again --- lost. Why should Israel give it back ?!
I think you'll find that Israel returned the Sinai peninsula to Egypt in the late 70s and now have peace with Egypt. Maybe they should consider doing the same to get peace with some of their other neighbours.
Jeopardia_Ferdy
+5|6536
The thing that upsets ME most about this situation is that israel claims they are searching for their hijacked soldier...with TANKS!!! didnt they play BF2? didn't they know u cant see a damn thing inside a tank...how should those poor tankcrews ever find their MIA? leveling everything in their path i guess...
imagine anyother country would start a fullscale invasion under the flag of a search and rescue mission...

We have to make the world stop, ignoring israel actions!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6552

TC><Injecter wrote:

Just to clear the other thing up: Palestinians come from greece. So nobody stole something from someone. It never belonged to them.
Very nice. What a jokebag of a statement. LOL. Yeah! Send all the Palestinians back to Greece! LOL!
Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6577|Nottingham, UK
https://rafah.virtualactivism.net/newsphotos/06/july/12july/injuredchild.jpg

Do you give a fuck about whether the kid is Israeli or Palestinian?

Do you give a fuck about the fact the child is scared, badly hurt, and too fucking young to go through this?

The people who continue to fight, and fund the fighting answer no to both questions, each time they decide to continue this.

It's possibly time to stop an argument over who's right and who's wrong, and look at who's dying.

Last edited by Foxhoundmgw (2006-07-14 07:18:39)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6625|IRELAND

Ok i'll put it like this.
A bunch of Arabs invade Mexico and millions of Mexicans are forced to flee to Texas. 60 years of land grabs and war with the USA follows with half of Texas ceased by the Arabs. Now some white Americans acting without backing from their government take it upon themselves to cease an Arab solider or two as a prisoner of war.
Then the Arabs blow up all the bridges, power stations, airports, docks in the USA, leaving the population without basic necessities.......Now take what Ive just said and reverse it, that is what is going on in the middle east ..........what do you think would happen if it really happened in USA? New york blackouts and Katrina showed what happens when you take away the basic infrastructure of a nation. It is punishment of an entire peoples for the acts of a few. Disgusting how people defend these actions. Spose they are just ignorant towel heads.
TC><Injecter
+4|6825|Berlin, Germany

HM1{N} wrote:

WRONG, it was never their land, the Jews murdered the Caananites to get the land...I believe it was Constantine that then went in and took out the Jews.  The land was never originally owned by the Jews, it was owned by Muslims.
WRONG!

It wasn't owned by jews nor was it by muslims GODDAMNIT... Do you think your Caanites rised from the earth!? They came from somewhere.

And: Jews and Muslims lived in peace (in times of the temple etc). Why are the caanites/palastinians/arabs now allowed to take everything for them!? Thats just idiotic. Israelis were there more than 5700 years ago (prob. along with muslims). So both shoudl be there. END.

And something to Jerusalem: Do you think it wouldnt be open for everybody if there was not the risk, that then there would be quite many suicide/homicide bombs/attacks?!
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834
We need to cancel the argument " Archaeological studies have shown that people who my have been related to israelis lived in the Region so Anyone who calls himself jewish can have land in that area "

It really doesn't hold water in the 21 Century.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard