ksack
+2|6743
i dl'ed AF from EA dowloader.  I try to install and it gives me this message.  Can anyone help me?  BF2 is patched to 1.3
[img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/fsksack/AFprob.jpg[/img]
DrM
+33|6637
I don't want to sound patronizing, but did you install BF2 in the default location?

If not then, you may want to un-install and take the default location.
If yes then it may be windows path related.

If you have loads of software installed then when the path statement is amended, the addition goes at the end. Some applications do not read long path statements.

If you don't have loads of other apps installed then this is unlikely to be the issue. If you do then try changing the path statement order.

Hope this helps dude.

DrM
ksack
+2|6743
ya i installed it to the default location
DrM
+33|6637
Loads of other apps then?

Oh, some of the tweak guides suggest renaming the BF2.exe. If you did rename, put it back and try again.

DrM
siciliano732
+202|6665|New York
i dont know why that is but can anyone tell me why my AF and EF isnt showing up.....BF2 Downloader says they are installed  but when i try to play a server with the maps being played...i cant....anyone know?
ksack
+2|6743
sicil, u need to redownload EA Downloader.  Becuase you have already dl'd it once, it thinks u have it installed.  So just redownload EA DL'R.
siciliano732
+202|6665|New York
thanks bro...i will try that....it makes sense though...
STELIOS
+0|6524|London UK
you can just clear the cache or uninstall and reinstall, but clearing the cache will be easier.
The EA downloader is a pile of poo.
Do not use it to patch your games get the patches direct from where ever.
Also do not use the registry eraser tool from EA
siciliano732
+202|6665|New York
you lost me....i redownloaded the ea downloader thing and it still doesnt work....how do i completely delete armored fury and euroforces so i can redownload them?

Last edited by siciliano732 (2006-07-04 09:38:04)

Flonster
Karma Ratio whore
+178|6562|-removed you know why- mod

ksack wrote:

ya i installed it to the default location
you have to finish the battlefield installation!! i had the same problem..... install directx9 to END and then it works!
tupla_s
+455|6608|Finland

ksack wrote:

sicil, u need to redownload EA Downloader.  Becuase you have already dl'd it once, it thinks u have it installed.  So just redownload EA DL'R.
Or you could just instal it from the setup file that appears after your first instal

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard