AK5489
+16|6513|US

SiMSaM16 wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

SiMSaM16 wrote:

Wow... now if you take advantage of artillery kills that you get no points for, you are a commander stat padder? what a load of crap...

Thats the stupidest thing Ive heard.
The badge is meant to be earned by killing shit in ground defense positions

You people who get the badge through artillery are pretty sad, you don't do it for the challenge you just want a shiny e-badge?

Girlfriend, stat.
Challenge? 20 kills with a TOW missile, good luck with that son.
you know there are these mounted MG's around maps...and when you have tons of monkeys running at you, its not hard to do
SiMSaM16
+48|6699|United States of America

OrangeHound wrote:

SiMSaM16 wrote:

Call me a padder, whatever. It wont hurt my feelings. I got my expert pistol and knife legitly, I killed the 18 people or whatever IAR. It was on a K/P server but i killed them. I got my expert AA and AT/MG by this new technique "commander padding".

OrangeHound, you can shampoo my crotch.
Have I struck a nerve here?  I didn't realize this was such a sensitive issue ... I was just curious if anyone got the Expert GD badge legitimately.

(Oh, and as for your crotch ...  ummmm ... nope).
No nerve struck, just thinking that everything is padding...

I got all of my expert combat badges in a jet, am I a padder because I own in a jet? OH NO!! RESET MI STATS!
Cursed You
+64|6593|Idaho

OrangeHound wrote:

SiMSaM16 wrote:

Call me a padder, whatever. It wont hurt my feelings. I got my expert pistol and knife legitly, I killed the 18 people or whatever IAR. It was on a K/P server but i killed them. I got my expert AA and AT/MG by this new technique "commander padding".

Have I struck a nerve here?  I didn't realize this was such a sensitive issue ... I was just curious if anyone got the Expert GD badge legitimately.

(Oh, and as for your crotch ...  ummmm ... nope).
Well you kind of brought it upon yourself.  Calling people stat padders cause they way they got a stupid badge.  I call it stupid because it really has no real point.  Before it was time reqs, afterwards it was really stupid IARs.  Im glad I got it out of the way.  There was no challenge (except 20 TOW kills :p) in getting the badges with a stupid IAR change.

I wanted to see a 1,000 kill global requirement for ground defense.  I love GD.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6678|Colorado
There was just a thread on this the other day without the stat padding part, I looked up the ROE to see if this fit in the stat padding & found this.

§1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

So there it is we may not use exploits even if left in the game.
I shudder to think of all the "I caught so & so ground defense padding with screen shots" posts.
AK5489
+16|6513|US

TrollmeaT wrote:

There was just a thread on this the other day without the stat padding part, I looked up the ROE to see if this fit in the stat padding & found this.

§1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

So there it is we may not use exploits even if left in the game.
I shudder to think of all the "I caught so & so ground defense padding with screen shots" posts.
getting them legit seemed easier than commanding and using arty anyway
demondspawn
+7|6767|Aussie in the UK
I did have trouble getting my expert ground and air defense badge till 1.3 came then got them both in two nights one after the other easy, so if you are having a bit of trouble now maybe you should use the commander thing, it maybe the only way you get it m8 :-) good luck anyway .

Last edited by demondspawn (2006-07-13 23:12:30)

DVSAZN
+0|6503
Actually Ground Defense after 1.3 is alot easier now since you don't have to have the time requirement...

Warlord in my opinion is the easiest map to get it... I got my legitimently on Warlord... Best spot it so sit at security post and if 2nd floor flag at palace is taken then the next best spot is to use the RPK @ the 3rd floor spawn @ palace...
Defiance
+438|6676

OrangeHound wrote:

Defiance wrote:

64 Wake, PLA airfield. Done.

32 Ghost Town, Waterfront, TOW. Done.

Or very lucky circumstances on karkand.
Ummmm ... but you don't have Expert Ground Defense, do you?????
No, but I've gotton tons of easy GD kills that way. Would've had it, but it was pre 1.3.
SiMSaM16

TrollmeaT wrote:

Using artillery kills to get a badge doesnt fit this description... any objections? It doesnt give me any points.
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6588|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I did it, but it was in Operation Harvest with only 16 people in a 64 player map so the round was a long time and there were a lot of chopper n00bs.

Last edited by Reject_Wolf (2006-07-14 00:02:18)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6678|Colorado

SiMSaM16 wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Using artillery kills to get a badge doesnt fit this description... any objections? It doesnt give me any points.
I dont have any problem with it but the bf2 morality police might, papers please...
s()mtingWong
+48|6698

SiMSaM16 wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

This is sort of like getting badges/medals/ribbons while killing in vehicles. If you think of it, its like the jet is commander, the bombs i drop from the jet is artillery and the ground/air defense badge that im trying to get is my kit that i chose to use while in jet. So i think your rite it doesnt fit the description but i could be wrong.

EDIT: I dont see the differences between the two, for example: lets say im going for my expert sniper badge and i jump in a tank to rack up the kills required to get the badge IAR isnt that the same if your going to get the expert tow but just substituting the tank for a commander?

Last edited by s()mtingWong (2006-07-14 00:40:33)

the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6647|The Netherlands
So shooting infantery with a tunguska to get your air-defence badges is statpadding too??

Last edited by eS^theB3brr (2006-07-14 00:30:51)

PRiMACORD
+190|6630|Home of the Escalade Herds

SiMSaM16 wrote:

Challenge? 20 kills with a TOW missile, good luck with that son.
So why the fuck do you need the badge? Is jessica alba gonna give you head for getting it?

¿?¿?¿?¿

I don't deserve that badge, thats why i don't have it and i couldn't give 2 fucks about it. If i do decide to challenge myself one day i will get it the legit way and not use a game design flaw to earn it.

You have no point anyway, others in this thread have got it the legit way and they deserve some props for it. You just wanted an e-badge for god knows what reason.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6532|Singapore
got it when my bro asked me for help and i camped with the HJ-8 at the tip of clean sweep as MEC over looking the USMC uncappble and shooting at APCs choppers and boats...and got the basic GD badge and the ribbon as well..
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6850|United Kingdom
did it on karkand on my old account. was pretty tough, the enemy apcs kept coming up to the suburb and i kept killing them
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6794|Singapore

SiMSaM16 wrote:

Try 'fag' instead, fag.
SiMSaM16

PRiMACORD wrote:

So why the fuck do you need the badge? Is jessica alba gonna give you head for getting it?
What if I said yes? You would say something like "WTF ever dude, your full of it!"

Then why ask the question...

ALL I am saying is that its NOT stat padding. Call me cheap, I dont care. I got it legitly.

polarbearz wrote:

SiMSaM16 wrote:

Try 'fag' instead, fag.
What?

Make sense next time please. whats calling me a fag gonna do? give you an e-hard on? make your e-cock bigger?

Last edited by SiMSaM16 (2006-07-14 01:02:19)

the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6700|Vancouver BC Canada
The mounted mg in the back guard tower on 64 karkand, by the gate is awesome for getting people walking out of the warehouse. The TOW on Cleansweep airfield is also a great spot for taking down APCs coming to cap the flag. The Mashtuur hotel roof mg is also great.

Last edited by the_outsider38 (2006-07-14 01:06:13)

beerface702
+65|6698|las vegas
there is nothing wrong with the commander tactic. it was built into the game and 100% legal

just some people dont know about it because they dont comm.!

i got mine that way. no big deal
[FHF]MattyZ
What the Deuce?
+29|6667|Washington
Out of the few people that have said they got the two badges without the help of artillery, most of them are lying.  Look at their stats.  To get the expert, you need 30 kills for a total of 60 points.  Look to see which maps they have atleast a B.R. of 70.

If they have a favorite victim with 30+ kills, or a best round score of 400, or basic vet and expert knife in one day with only 80 hours total play, you know they do some shady crap.
Elogain
+2|6506
OrangeHound, if I could +1 you, I would. Good demonstration of logical thinking that some people seem to lack.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6829|St. Louis, MO
Nope,got mine commanding like everyone else.The battle conditions needed to get the so-called legit way are very improbable.If you can find enough mindless tools to line up for you,more power to ya.
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6545|GREAT Britain

TrollmeaT wrote:

that can be interpreted in soo many ways its fucking ludicrous. the whole roe is bullshit. i fail to see how getting a badge with artillary kills is padding if the game lets u count them towards the badge. if they dont want us to be able to do something, fucking code it that way and dont punish the players cus ur programmer are lazy bastards

Last edited by ericcartmanisbest (2006-07-14 02:22:38)

c0rce
+11|6574
Meh this will be the third time I posted about this.

I got the expert ground defence using a TOW on Ghost Town, just sit in the SAS base and hope they cap the nearest helipad, 2 kills everytime it spawns. I got a few cheap helis on the pad, a couple of tanks and AA from the nearest flag and about 3 kills from an enemy chopper pilot who came from the far helipad to try and own me, TOW's aren't that hard to use to kill a chopper flying right at you or hovering around you. If its a decent length game you can get the kills in half a round.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard