Poll

Should there be a reticle for snipers?

Yes29%29% - 7
No70%70% - 17
Total: 24
Turtle
+7|6776|Boulder, CO
I don't snipe much but when I do I like to move from spot to spot. Trying to kill an assault with your pistol face to face is usually an unhealthy thing to do. But what else can you do, it's kind of hard to shoot from the hip with a bolt action rifle when you have no sense of where exactly you're aiming. So I propose a reticle be added for snipers that would only be accurate to within say, 20m. Even inside 20m your bullet could interpolate to a slightly different spot, like every other weapon. But, in my time as a sniper this has really come to annoy me. Am I alone?
FoodNipple101
I like grapes.
+1|6777
No becuase then everyone would run around with a m24 and 50 cal and just no scope people. Look at how gay halo is cause of it. Snipe with the sniper thats what its for. You shouldnt even have people sneak up on you.
Lawk
+2|6793
Bad idea.  As a sniper, your long range advantage is the reason for you short range disadvantage.
Rotter
+0|6785|United States
lol, guys, you're acting like it would destroy the whole game if you had a reticle. I think it's okay the way it is, but it would probably be okay if it had a reticle, like you said.
Galen1066
+1|6779|Colo. Springs
I say no to the reticle, what i would like to see though is an improved sight or multi-type scope for the snipers and of course better knock-down power for the M95 (Course who hasn't said this). just my 2 cents worth.
SlickWRX
+6|6763
No way.  Its already bad enough that people have hacks that give them this now.  I can't tell you how many times I have been utterly pissed off when snipers bunny hop and headshot me mid air without even being zoomed in.
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6864|Germany / Saxony
Take a black allweather pencil and draw a point just in the middle of your screen => there you have your (selfmade) crosshair, and you don´t need any bad hacks...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Gairon Fay
+0|6766|Saltsjö-Boo Sweden
Definitely not, as we snipers are supposed to work from a distance! We have our trusty claymores and grenades, and in a tight spot, the dear ol´ knife.
Kniero
Banned
+1|6765|AZ
It's common sense, and the answer is no. The reason I use the word common, is that this game doesn't support removable scopes mid-game (nor during any point of the game, ever). All of the weapons' sights revolve around the game designer's rendition of what would be seen were someone to look down the barrels of the guns in the real world.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6790|AUS, Canberra

Kniero wrote:

It's common sense, and the answer is no. The reason I use the word common, is that this game doesn't support removable scopes mid-game (nor during any point of the game, ever). All of the weapons' sights revolve around the game designer's rendition of what would be seen were someone to look down the barrels of the guns in the real world.
what he is asking is should the sniper rifles have the cross hair when not in scope mode.
not if they should have interchangable optical sights.
Kniero
Banned
+1|6765|AZ
lol, im not saying that..what im saying is that because the sniper rifle doesnt have a basic "aim down the barrel" type of CQC sight (all other classes can do this), it wouldnt make sense for a sniper to have a reticle when not scoped...

Last edited by Kniero (2005-11-20 07:14:31)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6790|AUS, Canberra

Kniero wrote:

lol, im not saying that..what im saying is that because the sniper rifle doesnt have a basic "aim down the barrel" type of CQC sight (all other classes can do this), it wouldnt make sense for a sniper to have a reticle when not scoped...
so what about usmc and mec standard spec ops gun?
plus a sight is a sight and having open sights by no means makes a gun more accurate from the hip...
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6782

another thing, even WITH the reticle you won't aim good. The deviation is TERRIBLE without your scope. Put a piece of tape or something on your screen where crosshairs should be, then use the M95 without the scope, bullet flys WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY off.

edit: so hacks and pencil marks DONT work.

Last edited by Coolbeano (2005-11-20 07:25:58)

Kniero
Banned
+1|6765|AZ

the_heart_attack wrote:

Kniero wrote:

so what about usmc and mec standard spec ops gun?
plus a sight is a sight and having open sights by no means makes a gun more accurate from the hip...
what do you mean what about standard usmc and mec spec. ops. weapons? it's not my game, i was simply stating the fact that EA has apparently chosen to give cross-hairs to weapons that have their own CQC sighting system
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6863|Bryan/College Station, TX
I say improve your skill before asking for a reticle. Really good snipers, most coming from CS, are used to getting headshots from any position and on the move. They are simply so good at it that they can do it even in a fire fight. The same skill goes to their pistol at close range and they just do a double tap to their head and they go down. It's just down right gross how good some of the snipers are in the game. It makes me want to play a sniper and get that damn good.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
LoaderX
+-1|6777|Tucson, Arizona
Hm....  Perhaps he is onto something.  Sure have the sniper rifle have a reticle but make the deviation so bad that you would have more luck throwing the gun at the guy...  Plus with the recoil of a .50 cal?  Kind like running around with the support gun trying to shoot someone while you're standing up.  Plus with the reload time with the sniper you wouldn't stand a chance anyway if you missed against a semi/auto weapon.

Last edited by LoaderX (2005-11-20 22:37:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard