1 gb ram
Powercolor Radeon 9600 pro 256 mb (agp)

Thank you
Viper38
+118|6675
I'm 100% sure you can run Solitaire in Windows XP. Hope it helps
Brasso
+1,549|6635

Don't forget, Minesweeper will too.  So will Pinball.
[/sarcastic]

On another note, I don't know ATI cards.  Sorry.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
mooncricket
Knife Whore
+10|6742|Alabama
you might be able to run bf2 in a 16 person server with all your settings on low. get a new graphics card for like $100 and you might could play on a 32 person.

I have run BF2 with
Intel 2.4 Ghz,
1 Gig of ram
Nvidia FX 5200 AGP.

pwnage is allz I can say =P
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6528|Little blue planet, milky way
You graphix card is gonna be an issue. You may be able to go medium, but your FPS wont be impressive. Offhand, I'd say that if you want to keep gaming, you might want to think about upgrading your system... Newer games requires radon x[whatever] to run, or Geforce 7xxx. Also, the AGP port is getting kinda old. It'll still run BF2, but doubtless not at max specs.

Dont go buy a new GPU if you don't have PCI express in your machine. But when next you upgrade, make sure to upgrade to a MB that has PCIE, and get a PCIE GPU... You'll do a lot better. If you've got the $200 this costs, go out and buy it now, and you'll get a much better gaming experience.
Captain_Iron_shooter
+2|6694|Montreal, QC. Canada

Twist wrote:

Also, the AGP port is getting kinda old. It'll still run BF2, but doubtless not at max specs.
yes it's old tech.. but I play on this:

P4 2.8
2 gig ram pc3200
ATI X850 XT 256 MB AGP

BF2 at 1280X1024 everything maxed out , run beautifully. can't give you FPS never bother to look.

However it's on a multiboot xp install, meaning only got games on this boot nothing else, OS is strip down to it's minimum. This way, all the computing power goes to games.

Previous rig(the same before upgrade)

1 gig ram pc3200
Asus 9600 XT 128 MB AGP

BF2 at 1280X1024 , set on preset high of the game (there was no AA and medium dynamic light... i think)
run well, some lag when lot of action or artyed..... also on a gaming only multiboot.

hope it helps you
RightInTheFace
+11|6650
i think that u should not try to play this game with sempron
maybe it will work but i dont see how u can enjoy this game like that
i got AMD 3.0 GHZ 64 BIT 939 with 6600GT 128MB and still i set it on low to
run the game with normal fps (50-90)

Last edited by RightInTheFace (2006-07-14 00:50:56)

De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6532|Belgium

nemesis, you can play 16, 32 and even 64 with it. On low you will have no lag, if you choose medium the first 2 minutes will be very laggy (and low fps), but experience tell me after those annoying minutes you can play it on medium without any lag (well don't choose high ping servers), but the lag and long loading times are annoying so you might try to stick with low anyway.
If you go for medium, try to take servers with multiple rounds per map, then you only have once lag after loading the map, the switches between rounds is lagless.
I would suggest custom, take low and than set geometry on med and view distance on 100% so you can at least see the vehicles and persons far away.
Have fun playing!

On single player you might try high for the nice graphics, but it's not recommended online.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6791|Bulgaria
IMHO this guy can play on all servers - even 64. Of course, all settings will have to be on LOW. And he will have to wait a long time for maps to load!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard