propyl
+11|6738
So I've heard that 1.4 is giving us an Infantry Only server mode. I dont really know much about this so my question is "Will all maps have to be run in this fashion or can we mix it up?" I can see that being a really really fun option but I don't really want to keep my server running this all the time nor want to make seperate profiles for each. I hope (and im sure its not like this) that we can just set that option on a per map level. Anyone know anything about this server side optoin yet?
H0ly(rap
+10|6760|Nebraska
nope, sory never heard of it
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6613
I guess it'll be the same deal as co-op. I'm not sure whether the server can switch between co-op and normal mode though.
KingMchris
+12|6581|London
erm well DICE done an interview with one of the blokes who runs it.
Look somewhere on here and everything you want to know about bf 2142 and 1.4 is on there
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6564|dunno
when a new map begins the server host will have the option to  make it infrantry only they click a button and no vehicles spwn on the map u can do it on any map
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6564|dunno
thats what i herd
AMTXP
+13|6692|California, USA
SEARCH

- Andrew
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6576|Search Whore killing fields
It will come out. Wait for path 10.5
bEAv3D
+24|6733|Fayettenam, NC USA

AMTXP wrote:

SEARCH

- Andrew
Can you please post where this question is answered in another thread?  I could not find it using the almighty SEARCH that you speak of.
propyl
+11|6738

AMTXP wrote:

SEARCH

- Andrew
THanks Champ, I used the search, unfortunately so many people post such bs answers to legit questions that search results look just as clutered as the rest of this forum. Which btw, I found no useful return search information that pertained to my question.
propyl
+11|6738

The_Killer wrote:

when a new map begins the server host will have the option to  make it infrantry only they click a button and no vehicles spwn on the map u can do it on any map
Not sure I understand you on that one? I am assuming that this option will be selected as a BF2CC setting that we can configure. Although my question is will we be able to do for example 1 round of standard Warlord followed by a round of Warlord Infantry only? I hope this is the case and it's not a case of All Infantry All the time. I see that setting getting old over and over and ending up being the home of the Pistol/Knifers.

preciate the answer though +1 for you dude
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6827|England
The search is pointless, all you find by searching is a million threads of people asking the same question and being told to search. Basically If you want an answer to a question look somewhere other than bf2s.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6717|Middle of nowhere
Will the "infantry-only" mode be ranked?

i'd love to play a ranked infantry only Karkand
propyl
+11|6738
thats another good question, i suppose we should use the search for that as well.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6587|San Diego, CA, USA
They should rename this mode 'Medic-only'...because that's what it'll be.

The 'No Vehicle', as implemented in 1.40 BETA 2, option still needs to have some transport vehicles because imagine trying to get off the carrier on maps like Gulf of Oman, Wake Island and Dalian Plant when you have smacktards leave with only 1 person in a boat.

No one will play maps other than Karkand, Mastuur and Sharqi with no transports.  All the other maps the flags are too far apart (even with the x2 sprint meter).

'Vehicle-lite' option:
o Replace Tanks/APC spawns with Heavy Jeeps
o Replace AA vehicles with Light Jeeps
o Remove Jets
o Replace Littlebirds and Attack Helicopters with Transport Helicopters

OR

'Vehicle-Neutered' option:
Same as above, except all transport vehicles have their guns removed.

Last edited by Harmor (2006-07-14 11:32:52)

-=5TON3D
+42|6573|u.k
i dont think they will include transport vehicles in the inf only mode because of the larger maps,
it'd be too tempting for people to just spend the whole round driving round capping/swapping flags & not bothering to fight at all making rounds short & boring for everyone else.
i think i'd rather have no vehicles & nice long rounds,even though vehicles would be usefull to get from A-B in a hurry.
MECtallica
+73|6543|jalalabad
There needs to be boats without their guns, and the one little jeeps with their guns removed (the ones that are REALLY fast and hold like 3 people oddly) because for one the little jeeps can be owned so easily with a normal gun, everyone on it is exposed. and withboats, thatd be the only way to get off the carrier without problems, helicopters would be cheap, with no AA and such, a team could go up REALLY high after capping flags and wait for the enemy to recap, and repeat without losing many tickets
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6866|Australia

Harmor wrote:

They should rename this mode 'Medic-only'...because that's what it'll be.
yup, statspadd heaven!
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6712|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
THAT IS AWSOME
I might actually be able to play another map besides Karkand, Yay
lightsource
+0|6544
Seems.... Interesting
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6587|San Diego, CA, USA

-=5TON3D wrote:

i dont think they will include transport vehicles in the inf only mode because of the larger maps,
it'd be too tempting for people to just spend the whole round driving round capping/swapping flags & not bothering to fight at all making rounds short & boring for everyone else.
i think i'd rather have no vehicles & nice long rounds,even though vehicles would be usefull to get from A-B in a hurry.
I would love to hear if you'll feel the same way after trying the Infantry Only mode...its not fun on large maps.
-=5TON3D
+42|6573|u.k

Harmor wrote:

-=5TON3D wrote:

I would love to hear if you'll feel the same way after trying the Infantry Only mode...its not fun on large maps.
lol why would i even want to play inf only on large maps,to me its a mode i'll only play on the maps with bases closer together like jalalabad,karkand,sharqi,mashtur,great wall & most of the sf maps where i mainly stay on foot anyway lately & dont even bother touching vehicles no more unless i fly jets or heli's.& before anyone says i'm anti armor or anything i'm not i've got about 25% total kills from ground vehicles & about 10% from heli's/jet out of 55k odd of total kills.i'm mainly a ground pounder but i enjoy armor & the like when its needed in a battle or if i just wanna vehicle whore.
i cant see many servers playing inf only on the large maps either with or without basic transport vehicles being included in inf mode,its obviously meant for the close quarter battle type maps.

either way i'm looking forward to it as it opens up an extra option choice of game type to play,as long as they dont decide to mess about with health changes again like in beta 1 lol which was just pathetic.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6669|Washington, DC

Easy mode you mean?
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6718
Why the hell don't they just bust out like 8 simple , I mean really simple maps just to get then on the net and make it all infantry with both mainbase un-cappable flags ? And when I mean simple I'm talking about spending an hour on each one . But out like 8 a day  . Again when I say simple I mean simple . Put on big ass hill in the middle and plop some tress/bushes on it and call it a day . Why not make one with an S shaped vally , plop some trees on it and just toss it up on the server . Call it test bed or something . Monitor the results . Someone here said the maps can be made very easily using some simple tools and bust out levels like no tomorrow . I don't know . I've played games like Call of duty and had a blast withuser created maps that were really simple , almost too simple but played the crap out of it non-stop for days . Like this one sniper level . All it was was a river running across the level and hills on both sides . On each side was a trench system , some trees and bushes and that was it . Best sniper level ever lol . Medium and long range sniping . Can't beat it .
~Solar~Fire~
+45|6686|Austin, TX

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Easy mode you mean?
Ohh as opposed to the extremely hard mode of dropping bombs from your J-10? Don't forget how difficult it is to kill infantry from inside a tank. Then theres the almost impossible mode of shooting the chaingun from an attack helicopter!

You vehicle whores hate the idea of infantry only because your precious little jets and tanks are the only way you get the scores you do. Having a 40-0 round is easy not because you're the modern gods of gaming but because it actually is near-impossible to shootdown a jet or helo. You complain about medic whores when the truth is you don't even need another player to instantly repair and rearm at a runway. You couldn't have it any easier!

Grab an assault rifle and meet me on the ground sometime boy, then you'll see how 'easy' it is for the other 62 of us that didn't manage to get to the jet first.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard