shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6741|Mechanicsville, VA

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

Black hawk in Karkland? Sickass idea ''Voting Against''

What would be a good thing in Karkland ... i think a Day/Nigth Time  in the round settings

like 1 round Day, and the round next is Night . i would like to play it while it,s dark in karkland that would be awesome:D Agree/Disagree
I like this idea. They should have made special forces an addition onto bf2 instead of an expansion so that you could use all the new features, teams, weapsons, accesories in bf2. That way you could have nightvision for night maps. A night karkand, mashtur, and fushe pass, dragon valley would be pretty intense, flying and driving tanks with night vision would be insane..  They should also have added heat vision/sensors for spec ops and vehicles that only work at night.  I think they should add more helicopters to though, and more vehicles. So that you can choose different versions of the tank. I maen if you look at real armies they don't use the same exact version of every tank, they have a hole bunch of different versions.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland
No blackhawk @ karkand for mr Gh0st.
TrevorP
+0|6763
First off the blackhawk isnt really a good idea because it would make they game unbalanced...and fog reasons.

Second I think the level is balanced almost perfectly as it is.

Third if you MUST take away a vehicle make it an APC. Although weaker than a tank it can kill people at a much faster rate and is even a transport.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6766|Barrington, RI
Karkand does not need a blackhawk. that would completley ruin the map.  but Karkand at Night? shit yeah, that would be fucking awesome. running around with NVG's, looking for the muzzle flashes from sniper rifles
dan500
+57|6817
A blackhawk without the guns would be good, would be better for US to get in
IGT-:-Maverick
+3|6745|UK
Karkand is my favourite map cos it doesn't have aircraft - its good to have an infantry map I think there should be some more.  A night version of Karkand would be excellent
Trooper_Collider
+25|6714
I most definitely agree on Karkand by Night, wow! that'll be awesome dudes!!
chickenmuncher
+2|6721| U.S.A.
dsb
+0|6747
I wonder how many opinions on this would change now that 1.03 changed BH-whoring so that everyone must get out of the BH to cap a flag quickly.

I still don't like the idea, but more b/c I love that the map is 90% ground-pounding.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6744|NRW,Germany
BH on Karkand? Worst idea ever!
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6746|Kansas, USA
Karkland is a good map because of the balance that it has. A BH would take all that away. I can recall a lot of fierce battles where the bridge has been taken out and one side is trying to get tot he other side of the river. It's already very easy to get anywhere in a hummer/jeep. having the ability to fly over the MEC infantry to take over their base would just ruin it for me.

Night time maps - Hell yeah! Bring them on! I'd take it a step further and have all the maps be dynamic in that the time of day would be different each time you played them. And have the game time advance about 4-8x the speed of normal time. So if the game starts at dusk (7pm) a 1 hour round would end at night (11pm). All the while the lighting conditions would change. If it only updated the lighting every 5 minutes or so it might not be a huge resource hurdle. I don't know, but I like the idea of it.
(EWC)Zenine
Zibst3rZ
+1|6739

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

Actually, there is a mod for privately hosted servers that has a blackhawk in Karkland. I played it with a friend with the computer players. And I can tell you first hand that while you could gain alot of points, its extremely hard to land, and its actually quite easy to get shot down. You actually fly pretty quickly across the map (It spawned on the road next to the trailor on USMC, and it would be very unfair for MEC, anyone could quickly unload the heli on the ar right bases, cap the flag, and go to the next, all the while MEC drawing back from that first main flag, thus allowing it to be captured by USMC, they'd basically lose against the speed of capping the flags with a full BH, trying to catch up. If you're interested in the mod, email me at ambience24 @ hotmail.com
I too have been on this unranked BH Karkand map. I wouldnt change the ranked Karkand but, it was good fun for a change of pace.
Icleos
+101|6712

SysTray wrote:

More than once I've thought to myself "Gee, this map is big enough for a black hawk." And I've found myself daydreaming during a game about how kick butt a black hawk would be in that map. Just one, no more. It would make things a lot more interesting, as well as give people a second thing to think about after you've blown the bridge...Anyone else agree?
Are you serious?
The blackhawk is a very unbalanced vehicle.
The splash damage from those mini-guns are horrid and make it very cheep.
Not to mention it takes 2 ridiculous T-90 shells to take it out.
If you don't have accurate AT players or a very damn good sniper with a M95, then you can kiss your butt goodbye.

My answer: Hell no!

Last edited by Icleos (2005-11-11 11:05:24)

blacksheepcannibal
+24|6722
no, no blackhawk.

littlebird and 2 stinger sites.

littlebird = hellacool.
shiftygirl
+0|6729|Sacramento, CA

CMDR_Dave wrote:

I agree, if anything, Karkand needs less vehicles!  Or perhaps a van down by the river...Matt Foley style!
fng223
+0|6705
I'm not fond of the BH idea, but I often wished they'd swap an apc with a AA vehicle.
As an engineer, I'd find it more useful, and APCs and tanks don't really belong in karkand.
But with no aircraft, no need for AA vehicles.

Last edited by fng223 (2005-11-18 08:48:51)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

i think karkhand should just be a man v man situation. no apcs, no tanks, no blackhawks.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6776|The planet Tophet

blacksheepcannibal wrote:

no, no blackhawk.

littlebird and 2 stinger sites.

littlebird = hellacool.
yeah little birds rule  and maby a missle silo (no just kidding about the silo)
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6776|The planet Tophet

CMDR_Dave wrote:

I agree, if anything, Karkand needs less vehicles!  Or perhaps a van down by the river...Matt Foley style!
you sure know your  SNL and Chris Farly (they were the best)
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6756

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

Black hawk in Karkland? Sickass idea ''Voting Against''

What would be a good thing in Karkland ... i think a Day/Nigth Time  in the round settings

like 1 round Day, and the round next is Night . i would like to play it while it,s dark in karkland that would be awesome:D Agree/Disagree
Blackhawk on Karkand... possibly, but you'd have to find something to balance it out, and AA vehicles are out of the question as they wouldnt be flexible enough, neither would be most SAM sites come to think of it.  Have to say no to that idea.

As for the night idea, now that I would enjoy, it would have a very tense atmosphere with gunfire flickering, illuminating the streets, then the inevitable "Zaaaaaap!" as someone gets it with the shockpaddles!
Lawk
+2|6744
I vote hell no.  If there were a shoulder firing stinger missile in the AT kit, then, maybe.
vjs
+19|6741
I'd personally take the vehicles out entirely, I'd also take out the top left flag and perhaps space the flags out a little more.

What this game really needs is a straight line foot map (to make people) (toTeach people to) work in squads.

-------------------------

On second thought you know what a great map would be???

Lets make a map like sharqi and the oil feilds except less cover.
Stick one blackhawk on top of a non cappable tower the only spawn point just for you with no possible way to get up to steal the chopper.

Then bascially you could sit in the blackhawk, just hovering over the pad for constant repair. You and your team could simply rape the entire feild killing everyone in site with no cover racking up tons of points. Now that would be cool.

The only issue would be your team might lose b/c of everyone TK'ing each other standing around the helipad waiting to get in. But then again they would be too busy typing you took MY CHOPPER, MINE MINE MINE!!!

Better yet give the other team one bomber, they could fly by once in a while and drop bombs on top of the tower or ram your blackhawk[+6]. Then you the blackhawk pilot could scream "You f'in base raper" or "No ramming or you'll be kicked".

Wow that would be cool, I vote yes for the blackhawk in Karland.
MattCicioni
+1|6799|Arizona
If only Matt Foley's Van down by the river had a .50 Cal mounted on the top he might have been a better motivational speaker!
rc-combat
+1|6744
I Spawn Camp in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!!
frvwfr2
+0|6702
black hawks are 2 fucking good any way. compared to the other one, the chain guns kick @$$

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard