s()mtingWong
+48|6731
It would be nice if the next patch(1.4) would include atleast double the amount letters for the prefix and add dashes, or option to change your name in the whole process. The reason im bringing this up is because i see alot of people posting that either they started there account with a clan, got kicked and now cant erase it, or some cant add clan tags because either the clan name is to long or it requires certain letter characters that EA disallows in the prefix mainly being the - symbol.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6736

You can add 'the - symbol'.

EDIT: It's been a while, but I'm sure someone knows....I uninstalled BF2, and can't reinstall...Something fucked up. Oh well.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2006-07-11 16:39:37)

s()mtingWong
+48|6731

PspRpg-7 wrote:

You can add 'the - symbol'
I read one post i forgot wich it was but i am pritty sure the poster said it was the - or the =. one of them.
Lime
[Bf.Nut] - No Use Talking
+23|6782|Singapore
If you aren't able to enter certain characters/symbols into your prefix, open ..\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Global.con with Notepad.

Edit the following line with your prefix (up to 6-digits) between the quotes:
GlobalSettings.setNamePrefix ""

Remember to save.

Enjoy

Last edited by Lime (2006-07-11 19:07:10)

WormGuts
+17|6832|Dayton, Ohio
my clans tag includes an = symbol and it works as my part of my prefix.  couldn't comment on the - symbol
TokyoJoe
+5|6583
allowing name change would be awesome. except only like once a month or something.
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6740|Little Rock, Arkansas

TokyoJoe wrote:

allowing name change would be awesome. except only like once a month or something.
Gay. Totally gay. If you get kicked from your clan, start over. Or, just creat a "Normal" name, and use the prefix as it was intended. Like the rest of us.
s()mtingWong
+48|6731

blisteringsilence wrote:

TokyoJoe wrote:

Gay. Totally gay. If you get kicked from your clan, start over. Or, just creat a "Normal" name, and use the prefix as it was intended. Like the rest of us.
Start Over? So how would you explain that to a 4 star general?.
riz
+0|6580
yeah even just 1 name change for everyone would be nice
mattajohnstone
+15|6826

Lime wrote:

If you aren't able to enter certain characters/symbols into your prefix, open ..\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Global.con with Notepad.

Remember to save.

Enjoy
yep
and if you want characters go
ALL PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>CHARACTER MAPS
Festu
Shoozabalooza
+29|6687

Lime wrote:

Remember to save.

Enjoy
O RLY?
Does it really works?
I need to try!

Last edited by Festu (2006-07-13 08:45:00)

-Gunsmoke-
+165|6673|South Jersey
I don't use a prefix, my entire in-game name is =SOF=Mgysgt.Gunsmoke, which is annoying because my name is so damn long, and now I can't leave my clan(at least in the game).  It would be fine had EA/Dice put in prefix when the game first came out...
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6618|England

blisteringsilence wrote:

TokyoJoe wrote:

The prefix wasnt there at the start or do you forget that so easy .
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6700|Groningen, The Netherlands
I wont like it if you can change your name.......its just a stupid thing
Festu
Shoozabalooza
+29|6687

Gamematt wrote:

I wont like it if you can change your name.......its just a stupid thing
hmm...tell me more!
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6673|South Jersey
If a name changing option was put in then EA/dice should make it so you can only change it once in awhile, maybe every couple months.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6757|Las Vegas

WormGuts wrote:

my clans tag includes an = symbol and it works as my part of my prefix.  couldn't comment on the - symbol
Actually, you can use both the "-", and the "=".

http://bf2s.com/player/60935804/
RedLT1Z
+3|6587

TokyoJoe wrote:

Americas Army has something l ike this. I belive its once a day tho, you actually have to go to thier website to change it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6754

ShotYourSix wrote:

WormGuts wrote:

Actually, you can use both the "-", and the "=".

http://bf2s.com/player/60935804/
u cant in the prefix

yeah AA had sumthing about changing names coz of clans
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Lime
[Bf.Nut] - No Use Talking
+23|6782|Singapore
Grrr they need to allow more characters for the prefix... 6 isn't enough for [Bf.Nut] so i have to settle with Bf.Nut instead. And just to have a fullstop in my prefix i have to edit the global.con file... argh!!#@$^*)
-MIKI3.
+70|6681|The Netherlands

WormGuts wrote:

yeah same..
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6660|Little Bentcock
Yeh that would be good, I haven't had a problem with it but I know people have.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard