Maxxxie74
+25|6572|Brisbane, Australia

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

I don't know whats happening in other countries but here in Australia EA has made deal with pizza hut so that you can get BF2 + pizzas and bla bla. The point is this has really fucked up gameplay lately with so many really shit people playing. I had a first class private as commander today, i mean seriously no commander is better. Anything happening like this anywhere else?
Bob, I totally agree with your complaint about the influx of pizza-n00bs.  However, I would like to point something out:  The fact that a PFC was the commander means that NO-ONE of a higher rank bothered to apply for the role.  If you're not prepared to put your hat in the ring, you have no right to complain about the outcome.

Now that I'm off my high-horse... please, for the love of all that's holy, won't SOMEONE please get rid of the pizza-n00bs!!!!!

Cheers,
Max.
Disodium
+13|6514|Sydney

s()mtingWong wrote:

EA better make sure theres no bugs in my pizza.
There have been reports of oven crashes here and people loosing hard earned cheese.

Last edited by Disodium (2006-07-12 22:45:42)

ReGmAn78
+16|6647|Alberta, Canada

4_Phucsache wrote:

**presses rant button**

I had a few mates (noobs as you guys would like to call them) over the other night. We all LAN'ed on my cable connection and decided to buy 4 pizzas (2 copies of BF2 for only $70 total thank you very much). My mates then registered, patched made accounts and joined in the fun.

I dont know that I would call them asshats rather than more targets.

Remember we was all noobs when we started and prolly pissed a lot of guys of. In the case of my mates I directed them here to have a good read up on the game to hopefully help them avoid a few of the more common mistakes of new players to a ranked server where all the "regular, old skool" guys think anyone new is a threat to thier gaming and should just fuck off and play elsewhere.

I think the key here is to help new players by teaching them to be fair, honest teamworking players rather than just getting on our soapboxes and screaming "n00b" whilst turning our backs and hoping these guys will either magically play the way we want or fuck off our server.

Also many of us (n00bs) happen to have wives, jobs and sometimes children meaning we cannot dedicate as much time as many others to playing online. Whilst we would love to play more often its just not feasible and means that many players in this category may continue to display n00bish qualities for a bit longer than normal.

rant over.
+ 1 from me man, i totally agree.  Ive been playing this game for a long time now and i dont mind helpin guys out, and ive found most of the people that complain about noobs are the people getting killed by them, like they think they are invinsible to a noobs weapon LOL,  all though the ones tking for Jets etc should FK OFF but let the ones trying to learn the game have there fun to...
Disodium
+13|6514|Sydney
Only hardcore gamers expect to higher standards from the pub players,
Its as simple as that.

Things dont go the way 'they' want so its out with the noob branding stick.
No one forces anyone to play anywhere and what i dont get is how people can sit there and complain.
Use a brain cell and change servers if there is a large amount of people that are not on par with your play style and or expectations.

As above in the above post and especially the quote above...
I am a father and work full time and thus BF2 is only a smaller part of my life.
I play logically and mostly dont do anything to disrupt others but still once in a while get the old caps spamming hardcore gamer having a go at me because i didnt do what 'he would have done'.

EA has done what they have done, this CANT be reveresed... deal with it (Adapt or ship-out)
I disagree someone should be outcast from a game because they are 'NEW' or are unable to keep up there game as they have other things there life needs to attend to.

bla bla bla..
In my opinion this deal does a great deed for the BF2 playerbase.
Im enjoying it.
-r3-anubis
+73|6538|florida
Pizza Huts pwns
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6673|Colorado
Hungry Howies pwns w/ the cajun crust, pizza hut is the crap ghetto pizza with lots of butter & greese to cover up the taste.{perfect for teens}
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6702|Australia
Since this threads been revived. I played wake for about 4hrs today. Last time i did that was january. The server i was in 80% of players were gunnery Sgt or below. That is bad to start with because bye bye decent gameplay but it didn't matter because i was J-10/heli whoring. But the time that me and my clan mates were there between us we were Tked 10-15 times. I mean ffs. They are ruining everything.
medic.me.elmo
+5|6523|Melbourne, Australia
more noobs flooding servers, jst makes my job that much harder
PRiMACORD
+190|6626|Home of the Escalade Herds
Had a pretty funny moment watching a full Mi-17 take off today with a private flying it, all hands were lost about 5 seconds later

Also have noticed a rise in tking lately and general ass hattery.
zer0fus10n
+14|6512

chaosdragon001 wrote:

I had a horrible commander as well today.. Private first class.. He somehow managed to hit my heli with an arty strike when I was up around 250+ft in the air.. then he blames it on me, and that I flew into it. How the hell do you fly into that crap? Nevertheless, I changed team, and continously owned him with the other heli until he left.
Lol i had the same thing yesterday but i was in a jet and it was the enemy commander, i was flying in and got supplys pulled out to the right 300+ft over the beach and my jet exploded and i was like wtf... and i looked and i was killed by the enemy commander this happend after our team jet collided into me because he was doing backflips on the runway and then soon after that i missed out on my jet ;(
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6720|Las Vegas

BlaZin'Feenix wrote:

BF2 with pizza? by any chance would there be cheese on this so-called pizza?
It originally had cheese on it but a few people complained that the cheese was too strong so they nerfed it.  Now you get a lowfat cheese substitute.
eagles1106
+269|6585|Marlton, New Jersey.
uh oh, pizza hut is assembling an airforce for the noobs.
https://www.air-tropical.com/photos/PIZZA-HUT.gif
god they think they're so leet....
https://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5976/pizza20hutly7.jpg
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6627|Canada
lol, thats the most fucked up thing i've ever seen. i mean, pizza is horrible /w games. the grease gets on your keyboard, mouse, everything!!!! who thought of this idea????

Last edited by destruktion_6143 (2006-07-25 20:10:36)

travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6700|U.S
I would buy that pizza for the sims 2 and expansion it showed.
suicide*spam*
+0|6526
I think it is about the ADMINS get of there ass and START banning there CD Keys, it is past a joke I was on Ga 23 today and everyman and there dogs were team killing.

Even clans are getting involved I seen th (OCAU) clan member tem killing for a jet.

HELLO ALL ADMINS GET OF YOU ASS AND START BANNING ALL THE NOOBS
LT.Victim
+1,175|6563|British Columbia, Canada

destruktion_6143 wrote:

lol, thats the most fucked up thing i've ever seen. i mean, pizza is horrible /w games. the grease gets on your keyboard, mouse, everything!!!! who though of this idea????
May i remind you its EA.. They aren't the Brightest of the bunch..
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6534|Australia
the Quote in my sig says all. There was these two little idiots ratbagging in an internode server, and they would just not shutup with the Commo rose and text. they would TK like crazy and Scream over the Voip when one became Commander (dont ask how he managed to get there). Then when Headrippah saw this happening he told them that they were just noobs, after being called a "poo face" (Or something that would be expected to come out of a 10 Year old's mouth) Headrippah released Best comeback of all time. "You should of accepted Need for Speed Most wanted when you got the choice" [OCAU]Headrippa if you are out there, GG man!
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6506|Melbourne, Australia

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

I had a first class private as commander today, i mean seriously no commander is better. Anything happening like this anywhere else?
Errr.... I got my bronze command badge when I was a PFC... was that a mistake? Should I give it back?

(When I tried to get BF2 through the P!zza #ut offer I was told it *wasn't* BF2 but "Battlefield Vietnam 2"...caused enough doubt that I didn't bother.)
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6562|Australia, NSW

4_Phucsache wrote:

**presses rant button**

I had a few mates (noobs as you guys would like to call them) over the other night. We all LAN'ed on my cable connection and decided to buy 4 pizzas (2 copies of BF2 for only $70 total thank you very much). My mates then registered, patched made accounts and joined in the fun.

Remember we was all noobs when we started and prolly pissed a lot of guys of. In the case of my mates I directed them here to have a good read up on the game to hopefully help them avoid a few of the more common mistakes of new players to a ranked server where all the "regular, old skool" guys think anyone new is a threat to thier gaming and should just fuck off and play elsewhere.

I think the key here is to help new players by teaching them to be fair, honest teamworking players rather than just getting on our soapboxes and screaming "n00b" whilst turning our backs and hoping these guys will either magically play the way we want or fuck off our server.

Also many of us (n00bs) happen to have wives, jobs and sometimes children meaning we cannot dedicate as much time as many others to playing online. Whilst we would love to play more often its just not feasible and means that many players in this category may continue to display n00bish qualities for a bit longer than normal.

rant over.
yes but there a multiple types of "noobs". Theres nothing wrong with being the newbie type, its the actual "n00b" type that annoy the hell outta everyone.
the type that will tk u out of the plane, to take it and ram it into a tree
the type that will run infront of your plane if they dont have any real means to remove u from it

its only the pizzahut n00bs doing it, and theyre the 1s who cant fly. although pizza hut introduced alot of free kills on the enemy team, its the noobs on your ow team u have to look out for. i agree with sgt_bob about the drop of maturity and skill on the node wake servers especially.
choyta
+2|6486

Drax wrote:

4_Phucsache wrote:

**presses rant button**

rant over.
yes but there a multiple types of "noobs". Theres nothing wrong with being the newbie type, its the actual "n00b" type that annoy the hell outta everyone.
the type that will tk u out of the plane, to take it and ram it into a tree
the type that will run infront of your plane if they dont have any real means to remove u from it

its only the pizzahut n00bs doing it, and theyre the 1s who cant fly. although pizza hut introduced alot of free kills on the enemy team, its the noobs on your ow team u have to look out for. i agree with sgt_bob about the drop of maturity and skill on the node wake servers especially.
.... I'm glad someone said it, pointing out that there is a difference between a "n00b" and a good ol fashioned "newbie"

I was one of the poor fools who paid full price for the game only a matter of days before the pizza hut deal popped up and have been put in the same class as "pizza hut noobs" purely based on my rank and not playstyle.
While I'm the first to admit that I suck at the game I have found that even with a lack of skill it isn't hard to avoid flak from fellow players;
- Don't touch aircraft...unless no team-mates are even in the same postcode or I am somehow behind enemy lines. I figure even if I put it into a tree after 1.5 minutes of uselessness, it is still 1.5mins that the opposition didnt have it and stood around tkilling each other waiting for it to respawn.
- Stay out of squads unless invited, and if invited, stick close to them and do what you can.
- Don't lay claymores, ever. Murphy and his damn laws say that no matter where you drop it some teammate is gonna wind up on the wrongside of it, punish, then go on about you being a deliberate tk'er
- Don't play engineer. No matter how many armored vehicles you knock out or flags you defend all it takes is someone thinking it is a powerup drivin a transport over it and you're gonna get banned.

I guess my point is that there are always gonna be those of us out there who just simply aren't any good at the game, sometimes we might frustrate you "oldskool hardkore" guys when we fail to cap a flag or miss a shot but we're just trying to enjoy the game and if we can do that without it being at the expense of others' fun then good luck to us.
rootbeer73
+24|6586|in a small dark place
why pay full price. i got mine on ebay for $56 delivered.
choyta
+2|6486

rootbeer73 wrote:

why pay full price. i got mine on ebay for $56 delivered.
The curse of the impulse buy in a small town with just a Harvey Norman to buy games from.
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6702|Australia

Disodium wrote:

Only hardcore gamers expect to higher standards from the pub players,
Its as simple as that.

Things dont go the way 'they' want so its out with the noob branding stick.
No one forces anyone to play anywhere and what i dont get is how people can sit there and complain.
Use a brain cell and change servers if there is a large amount of people that are not on par with your play style and or expectations.

As above in the above post and especially the quote above...
I am a father and work full time and thus BF2 is only a smaller part of my life.
I play logically and mostly dont do anything to disrupt others but still once in a while get the old caps spamming hardcore gamer having a go at me because i didnt do what 'he would have done'.

EA has done what they have done, this CANT be reveresed... deal with it (Adapt or ship-out)
I disagree someone should be outcast from a game because they are 'NEW' or are unable to keep up there game as they have other things there life needs to attend to.

bla bla bla..
In my opinion this deal does a great deed for the BF2 playerbase.
Im enjoying it.
I understand that some people has less time than others and that not everybody bought this game the day it was released. But when that many n00bs start playing in such a short time the gameplay is completely ruined. I've played in servers where the highest rank below me is a gunnery sgt. Now i wait and see what the games like but i end up leaving fairly quickly. But what pisses me off is when they cry hacker. Come on, i've had slightly more experience than you.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6632|Finland

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

But when that many n00bs start playing in such a short time the gameplay is completely ruined. I've played in servers where the highest rank below me is a gunnery sgt. Now i wait and see what the games like but i end up leaving fairly quickly.
I'd have to disagree slightly.. I enjoy playing w. Gunnery Sgt:s or under, as they don't yet have the "courage" to enter a plane or fly a chopper. Hence, they're not as prone to force TK:s as I've had experience with many.. how shall I put it.. "Officers"?
I need around tree fiddy.
Hurlin
+5|6776|Australia
Last night was stunning I have never seen so many high pinged privates try and throw nades and bounce them back onto their team mates ..... the TKing on gamearena was the highest I've seen .... then ..... theeeeeeeeeeen one of them glitches hotel and got 8 kills for the round .......... stunning display of pure n00bdom

combination of 1.30 denied too desktop and 56K Pizza Hut n00bs is makeing this game worse and worse ......

TKing is getting out of hand and the killer pings is making the game frustrating ....... is there a pizza hut n00b free server in Aus ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard