Flasheart88
+0|6768|Brisbane

cmdwedge wrote:

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Boomer1120 wrote:

maybe you should partially take your own advice

**see your signature**

stop playing and start crying elsewhere.
Owned
Actually, I believe the term is 'headshot'.

No, the term is "BOOOM! HEADSHOT UH UH UH!!!"

And for those of you unfamiliar with FPS Doug, you're missing out!

As far as Karkand and GLs are concerned - look, if someone can get a kill, without losing their own life, or TKing someone, then who gives a crap how he or she does it? This isn't fuedal Japan where honour and form is paramount.

Yes, getting wasted and seeing N00B [M203] Flasheart88 does piss me off, but really no more than any other death that I could have avoided.

For mine, the real annoyance regarding so-called noobtubers, is when they are so busy bunny hopping around to realise that the person they're trying to blow up is already dead. This happened twice in 2 minutes to me on Sharqi, where me and a teammate hit a position, and suddenly spotted enemies coming round the same corner we were. I went prone and killed the bad guys, got up and got TKed by my teammate, with that unmistakable boom indicating what with. Now that's a noob.
oberst_enzian
+234|6750|melb.au
I was in a knife fight with a guy, and then some IDIOT behind me: *BOOM*, tk's me and takes my kill with his 203. I get really annoyed with all this "n00bt00b" complaining crap, but sometimes, like the instance just mentioned - very similar to yours - I just think: that guy us either a total tool, or really didn't care that I was there one way or the other. That is just BS. What's worse: this is one of those rare instances that totally justifies the tk-punish system - but guess what, the option didn't come up! Is this something that happens if you get killed at the same time/same round as an enemy? Or a bug, or what

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2005-11-17 18:25:56)

SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6793|Perth, Western Australia
Actually, with Karkand I love the way that if you look at the top 10 most of them have some obscene amount of hours on it, like 800 hours, and like 5 to 10 with the other maps.

But |cypher00fus takes the cake, in fact all of the cakes. Not only is it rumoured (I have to say rumoured otherwise I am breaking some obscure forum law) that he kicks people that beat to the commander spot on his server, people that blow up the artillery on his server, and kicks people that are beating him on his server, he has also spent a total of 640 hours of time playing at time of writing, and, LOOK, what a surpirse that 602 of these are on Karkand. The second highest being Dragon Valley, at just 5 hours.

Take a look for yourself:

http://bf2s.com/player/|cypher00fus/
kn0ckahh
+98|6746|netherlands, sweet lake city
the thing i always do is trying to chase them with a knife   they will hop like hell and some youll kill others just suicide themselfs whats really n00bish
-DS-Carbon
+0|6769|New Hampshire
I think EA should change how the m203 works in the game, I think in real life there is a time/distance fuse so that it won't blow if it hits something only 5 feet away (which would kill the shooter too). Can anyone confirm this? I know in the mod infiltration for UT if you shot the M203 at someone and you were too close it hit them like a big chunk of steel, it hurt them but did not kill them.
stef
+-6|6756
I am not crying over this I just think its a shame. karkand is one of those maps where you can get so many points in so litlle time.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6846|Munich, Germany
imho the "problem" could be solved by implementing an arming distance to the M203/GP-30 like it is in RL.
i dont mind getting killed by 203 except its from 5 feet away wich doesnt need any skill at all.
i dont use the GL much since im missing the close to reality sim of it from AA, arming distance and a damage radius of 15 meters. but since in AA there were only 7 rounds for a game round its different and i would change the strength of the GL in BF2.

i also see servers wich are full of hopping noob tubers and then again normal servers with all classes.

ps: i like tanking on city maps, its there so i use it but its close to what it should be, the GL on the other hand is a fairy tale weapon in the mom
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6849|Cologne, Germany

well, to me there are only two player classes anyway:

those who contribute to the performance of the team and those who don't. you can do both with any kit, I suppose.

This whole discussion about the GL reminds me a lot of the endless discussion abouth the use of the AWP in CS. The weapon is in the game, so you are allowed to use it. Those who complain mostly do so because they cannot work out a tactic against it, and therefore argue it is "unfair" or "overpowered".

If you think that is the case, write a letter to EA. As much as I love to discuss certain aspects in the game, the GP-30/M203 surely ain't one of them.

I'm sick of it. It has been discussed ad nauseum, with no result. Adapt or stop playing BF2.
Rakasan
+7|6844|California, USA
This probably should have been posted in the Complain section

Karkand this!  This player that!
Which unlock is best?
Stat padders!
Damn Tank whores and spawn rapers!
Look at EA's #1 guy, #2 is catching up!

I agree with B.Schuss, it will never end!  But without these posts, people would probably not talk about anything.  I find most of them entertaining though.

Just play!

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-11-18 05:22:06)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6777|Human Meat Shield
Theres toobs everywhere, you're not going to stop it or minimize it, just spawn elsewhere or play the game and don't worry about your precious stats. My back has been turned and someone uses a toob on me, what he can't aim? and by gosh I am not good with any gun. My thing is that I nail someone 3 times and don't kill and he hits me once with.... any gun for that matter and I die, yeah headshots whatever. I feel this game coming to the BF42 scenerio where everyone had nades and threw them until they died.

I love to play though, I get killed....alot I changed to medic to revive others that fell to the 203. Why is it that there are 50 people around me and I am the only one that gets hit with arty?!!
arizona91
+2|6758|Kansas City
i rarely get noobtubed on Karkand......sure, every once in a while, but never more than once in a game.  Sorry, can't say I've had the same encounter as you.  I still like Karkand.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6849|Missoula, MT

Rakasan wrote:

This probably should have been posted in the Complain section

Karkand this!  This player that!
Which unlock is best?
Stat padders!
Damn Tank whores and spawn rapers!
Look at EA's #1 guy, #2 is catching up!

I agree with B.Schuss, it will never end!  But without these posts, people would probably not talk about anything.  I find most of them entertaining though.

Just play!
I think there's plenty more to talk about...from the regular BF2s members.  We have lots of good discussions that don't involve any of the above mentioned topics.   I'd like to see the day when everyone makes that leap as we have.  Much more fun, we are. 
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6748|Vermont

stef wrote:

everytime I play karkand over half of the people are nadenoobs this sucks anyone else agree with me.
Why do people make threads like this?  I think blah blah blah.  Does anyone agree?  Are you really that desperate for approval?
Major Payne
+18|6788|Netherlands
do you mean the noobs whit a GL that sucks hard i like to play as infantry in karkand and its really anoying me when someone kills me whit a GL so pleas EA remove it out of the game in your next uppdate
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6777|Human Meat Shield
Yeah, I suck at Karkand, so I am going to play another Map. Solved your complaint/thread.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard