Possum61
+9|6794|Philly PA USA
I was in the gulf war... As a tank commader. And thankgoodness for the men like KillerTroop 11th Cav Whit . That helped us kill the sandfeas that was our op4. And also gave us great air cover, But in this game when you are on a map that has jets and helos... One in a land vechile does not have a chance. because we have no support in the air..... And the times that we do. Its a great game.. I do not mean to offend anyone with this but if you ever get in real battle please help out your brothers on the ground

Thank you   

Last edited by Possum61 (2005-11-16 18:13:09)

thinner44
+1|6855
Possum61, I would imagine in real war, there would be lots of information going back and forth, lots of cooperation and cohesion between ground and air forces, and these at a professional level.... That said, welcome to bf2 where most do their own thing
Most of my brothers are now ex military, all have seen active combat in many campaigns throughout the the world, none have been killed or seriouslly injured... because, teamwork and cooperation .. oh, and probably had a commander that wasn't AFK every 5 minutes
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6804|Denmark
I like to help out ground forces when Im piloting around in the skies, but there are no "cries/calls" for "need air strike".. <--- there were such features in BF1942. I would like to have that feature in BF2. maybe people on the ground could target areas with lasers or a better smoke grenade or something.

when Im in a good mood I usually tell my teammates to call in airstrikes if they need it.. but it rarely happens cause typing positions and so on is simply to slow.

So the guys at EA sould make a "airstrike" / "airsupport" function of some kind...
Boogie
+1|6791

Z-trooper wrote:

So the guys at EA sould make a "airstrike" / "airsupport" function of some kind...
Nice way for pilots to get some team points.
SWAMRaoulDuke
+0|6837
good remark dude i agree with you the people on the groud are the ones who can capture flags and key positions if they get good air support than the battle is easyer won....

[SWAM]AssAssin
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6820
Since jets basically go for the biggest concentration of enemies they can find, odds are that won't be helping you much. If Jets could only identify enemies painted by ground units (like saying we need an airstrike with the crosshairs on whatever it is that needs to be bombed). That way air would rely on gound troops and vice versa (and the one that paints the target gets a kill damage assist or something).
Ethereal_Drag0n
+0|6795|Villa Park, IL
I agree that this would be a cool option.... what you can do, is have a squad, and the squad leader can tell you what positions to hit...
RadeonII
+1|6820
Great Idea!!  I fly alot but I cant remember if I could see smoke or not maybe pop a smoke can  humm  someone needs to pass your idea on to EA for an addon to the 1.04 patch if we ever see one
dshak
+4|6858
funny, every time I've been pounded like 8 times by an enemy jet when I'm trying to drive a tank from flag A to flag B, I'll say "hey flyboys, help us out here." I say it REAL nice to, yet I get cursed out and they say things like "you just suck, don't blame me." The truth is they are too busy trying to find their own ground targets to kill so they an get big scores. The guy who said earlier 'everyone in BF2 is out for themselves' unfortunately is right most of the time. Priority #1 for the fighters especially should be other enemy aircraft. A well coordinated squad can handle an armor assault but we can't do a dang thing about that mig that keeps raping us from the heavens.

Last edited by dshak (2005-11-17 17:45:38)

Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6804|Denmark
Well regarding helping groundforces.. I always help groundforces - UNLESS the enemy are right on top of the friendlys... if this feature should  be like the new artillery - where the commander dosnt get teamkills for artillery... If not i predict people carelessly target the heart of the action where enemies are totally mixed up with friendlies.. also I predict that stupid f*ckers putting the markers ontop of friendlies..

If us flyboys get too many teamkills this way - I can imagine that NO ONE would help groundforces whit their targets... and then we are back to square one.. only pilots and groundforces hateing each other..
jonsass
+1|6807|Beastmanville, Skeletorland
Whenever I'm in a plane I always try and bomb the enemies engaging friendlies. What happens alot is that I rack up teamkills cause my bombs seem to neglect the enemy and go for the teammate instead. Perhaps my accuracy sucks, but that makes me want to go for isolated targets instead of helping out a friendly.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6804|Denmark

jonsass wrote:

Whenever I'm in a plane I always try and bomb the enemies engaging friendlies. What happens alot is that I rack up teamkills cause my bombs seem to neglect the enemy and go for the teammate instead. Perhaps my accuracy sucks, but that makes me want to go for isolated targets instead of helping out a friendly.
agreed...

but a tip: learn to use the minimap more.. and when you gette real good at it - zoom in on the minimap..
Its fast and hard to keep up - BUT it pays of when you hit the "sweet spots"
RadeonII
+1|6820

Z-trooper wrote:

jonsass wrote:

agreed...

but a tip: learn to use the minimap more.. and when you gette real good at it - zoom in on the minimap..
Its fast and hard to keep up - BUT it pays of when you hit the "sweet spots"
I agree I just love to see the left side of my screen filled with my name after dropping a couple bombs unless of course theres a TK in the mess. not to mix threads here, but Ive had like 5 good kills with 1 tk after a bomb run. meaning this poor sap was surrounded .. do you think I got punished ??? of course I did..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard