xixspyder
AnthraX
+25|6586
I have no problem with baseraping either, yes it does suck when u get killed over an over. If you were the other person killing everybody at the spawn u wouldn't be complaining.
OpsChief
+101|6689|Southern California

comet241 wrote:

OpsChief wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

bf2 is still a game. when you play a game - play fair
compare it with  boxing. when your opponent is lying on the floor, would you keep on bashing his head until he´s k.o. forever or would you wait like a man, until the 10 seconds are over?

baseraping has no honor, because it is - like the word says itself - raping!

so if your only chance to score is by raping defenseless, what kind of people are you?

baserapist have small PIMMEL!!!
lol this game has little in comparison with boxing especially the Knock Down, Knock Out part. Apples and Oranges. But it would be nice if we had impartial non-participating referees in BF2 wouldn't it?

While baseraping may not be honorable, strategic raids are. It is the particular server rules that dictate which term applies.

"only chance to score" lol that's funny as hell lol good one
*sigh* there's the rub. where does raiding end and raping begin? the question of the century. As ive said before, i support the strategic raid, but where oh where does that change over to raping......
lol m8 thats the question of the day

As far as I can find, baseraping is a term that gamers use to explain the feelings they get when they are pwned in one part of the map that they think should be usually, reasonably safe. The feelings are a simultaneous deflating of ego and a hostile response to the pwner and are externalized to transfer the pwnage to a wickedness in the enemy. I feel this sometimes as does everyone I guess.  I don't like the term because it leads people to a linear way of military thinking. I still say "damn! we're gettin raped!!!" but I don't mean it's against the rules or wrong, just painful. lol

The "dishonor" is in rule breaking not in strategic play. If there are no rules against it base raping is still just a bad feeling. It is a creation of ours, we decide if it matters because EA didn't code it for us.

I think people who statpad suck toxic swamp water and some of those guys have ruined sound strategic play by abusing others who get stuck on a team day after day that sucks at teamwork. The funny thing is  the statpadding kind of baseraping almost never happens on servers with strategic rules instead of spawnfences. They get counterpwned and go back to their hole and hide. lol

Good Hunting
comet241
+164|6778|Normal, IL
^^^^ Exactly. I agree 100%. The kind of baseraping I would consider stat-padding doesn't happen all that often, which is why I have said before that it is too minor of a problem for EA to address. I have said before that I support the strategic raids and if an enemy isn't coming out of there.... that only leaves one option. The kind of frustration that I feel is when people hop in a jet, bomb an uncap, and dont stop the whole round, and others such as tanks sitting outside of the main shooting in. That is the type that is both frustrating, and exploitive, I feel....

I think I can sum up the way I feel, and most people who are against main raping:

If you are going to the enemy uncaps in a vehicle, please have a purpose in mind other than blind, oppressive, unstoppable killing, and if that is the case, please have all of the flags at the very least.

I think that's about it.......
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6541|Belgium

PCShooterNoob wrote:

I don't really have too much of a problem with base raping.  It's annoying yeah, but you could always just spawn somewhere ELSE, and if it's your only flag, well, your team deserves it for sucking so hard.  Can't expect the other team to sit back and wait for your assault, can you?
and what if you join later on the server and you have been put in the lozerteam (as usual). You spawn, arti on your head, you spawn again, bomb, you spawn once more, heli. Next time you spawn arti again. You have played almost 4 seconds now but you have a respawn time of 1 minute. Did you deserve it? No.

If the uncap is your only last flag, you are in a bleed anyway. Those idiots raping the main just take away the fun from the bad team and the guys who join later and are always put in the lozerteam as some of the bad left because they are raped.

So have some fun bunnyhopping and take out anything that goes OUT of the main but please stop bombing, raping and arti-ing the main.

If you care about your points that much, you are pathetic.

And I bet that 95% of you baseraping, switch teams, whine everyones ears off or just leave server when you are being raped.

And that's my 0.02$ or €

Last edited by De_Jappe (2006-07-12 00:34:26)

PCShooterNoob
+22|6553|Florida
Once again, one aspect of gameplay is twisted into bunnyhopping, statpadding, and whining.  Because in the eyes of some people, if you do one, you MUST do them all.  And eat babies, as well.

Eh, I'm kinda bored with this anyway.  I can post direct quotes showing where people have lied or...ehem...misrepresented a fact, and that doesn't mean anything.  I can post links from EA that detail exactly how they want a game to be played, THAT doesn't mean anything.  I hope I have fine folks like this in a jury if I ever commit murder.  I could kill someone on tape, with 100 eyewitnesses, AND a signed confession, and then kill the baliff with the murder weapon during the trial and it STILL wouldn't PROVE anything.  Then again, if I'm found guilty of murder, I'll probably then be sentenced for all forms of rape, grand theft auto, identity theft, money laundering, treason, purgery and terrorism as well, since some of us seem to think all offenses all related and if ONE is committed, so too must all of them.

I don't think everyone here's ever going to agree on whether or not raiding/raping is just.  But I think it's been established, at the very least, with valid arguments on both sides (Yes comet, that means you, but I still don't LIKE you.), that there IS strategic value to the act, it CAN be punched through with quite a bit of work, and finally, yes, it does give one side an unfair advantage in more than a few situations.

Last edited by PCShooterNoob (2006-07-12 02:37:06)

Schlusi=[GER]
+11|6535|4856 Karkand,Hellstreet 4

PCShooterNoob wrote:

Holy HELL dude!  You were the first person in the THREAD to bring up real life!  Dude, you're so full of BS I can smell it through my modem.
ho ho ho! Ok Guy, I read this thread till this comment. What´s up with u? Do u want to be be the "new BUTLER"?! I think if u think ur a good player u don´t have to rape uncaps! If u really think ur a good player u´ll win and that´s it! Why don´t u say: Ok, let them come! Give me the first five...

Baseraping = Spawnraping, isn´t it?

I´ve no respect for this fucked up nOOps and this kind of playing! Btw how old are u? I think you still have to learn what´s fair and what´s not. I know u don´t care but u can lern it in real live.... try it and earn respect!
PCShooterNoob
+22|6553|Florida
I believe spawnraping is sitting behind an exact spawnpoint killing everyone who pops up before they can even react.  Baseraping, as far as I execute it, is moving into the area around an enemy base that cannot be captured, destroying commander assets if you can, stealing or destroying all enemy vehicles,  all while defending yourself from attack.  So no, not really the same thing.  And for the record, I'm 21.  What does "new BUTLER" mean anyway?
Schlusi=[GER]

PCShooterNoob wrote:

I believe spawnraping is sitting behind an exact spawnpoint killing everyone who pops up before they can even react.  Baseraping, as far as I execute it, is moving into the area around an enemy base that cannot be captured, destroying commander assets if you can, stealing or destroying all enemy vehicles,  all while defending yourself from attack.  So no, not really the same thing.  And for the record, I'm 21.  What does "new BUTLER" mean anyway?
I´ve no problem with the enemy who´s destroying assets. These C4 nOOps are easy kills! But isn´t it Spawnraping when u sneak 20 ft and get "sawed" by a tank? Sorry, I think so.

Stealing vehicles: No problem! Get the f**ing Tank or whatever but leave the base instantly!

NASTIE_BUTLER: I see ur not a bf2s addict... don´t care!

Last edited by Schlusi=[GER] (2006-07-12 02:40:20)

ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6598|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
Fuck em, if there down to their main then rape the shit out of em.  Its their teams fault for letting it get down to one base.  What are we supposed to do, let em have a base and potentially come back and win?  If your team has teh advantage and their down to one base, then press the advantage and dont let em off the carrier/out of their airfield.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6553|Florida
Uh...kay.  I'm still not sure if I get the Butler thing...is he some asshole that used to come around or something?  Whatever.  In any case, we've gone through all the arguments as to why one should or shouldn't get the tank and leave, as it were...I'm not going to go through them again.  Just go through the comments from OpsChief, comet241, DSRTurtle, or myself.  Then make a decision for yourself based on personal ethics, intelligent strategy, and your own point count and rank.  That simple.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6843
If you don't like baseraping play on a no baseraping server. If you think it's ok, play on a server that allows it.
Schlusi=[GER]

PCShooterNoob wrote:

Uh...kay.  I'm still not sure if I get the Butler thing...is he some asshole that used to come around or something?  Whatever.  In any case, we've gone through all the arguments as to why one should or shouldn't get the tank and leave, as it were...I'm not going to go through them again.  Just go through the comments from OpsChief, comet241, DSRTurtle, or myself.  Then make a decision for yourself based on personal ethics, intelligent strategy, and your own point count and rank.  That simple.
ur my man!
xbrandomx
+9|6663
Its aways been cool to main base rape.  are you kidding me?!  free points!  (not saying that I do it... if it comes to that I leave the server because of lack of challenge/and or assholes)
DSRTurtle
+56|6699
Ops is one of the few people in this discussion who understands the value of teamwork and non linear battlefield thinking. 

If your team is getting baseraped think creatively to get out of the situation.  I gave a couple of suggestions in earlier posts as to how to get out of them. 

Here's another tip if you play on servers where you don't or can't talk to your teammates.  Look for 2 or 3 guys who are good players and try to work with them.  If they are assult be at or medic or support.  If they are medic or support be at, eng, or assualt.  Compliment the kits they haye.  Find a way to help them and they will help you.  Not only will you help your team get out of a baseraping situation, but you will find yourself becoming an even better player. 

I played with 2 or 3 guys for a couple of months on a server and while we couldn't talk on the battlecomo or teamspeak we learned how the other was thinking tactically and adapted accordingly.  Sometimes we lost, but we still had the best squad at the end of the round.
comet241
+164|6778|Normal, IL

PCShooterNoob wrote:

Once again, one aspect of gameplay is twisted into bunnyhopping, statpadding, and whining.  Because in the eyes of some people, if you do one, you MUST do them all.  And eat babies, as well.

Eh, I'm kinda bored with this anyway.  I can post direct quotes showing where people have lied or...ehem...misrepresented a fact, and that doesn't mean anything.  I can post links from EA that detail exactly how they want a game to be played, THAT doesn't mean anything.  I hope I have fine folks like this in a jury if I ever commit murder.  I could kill someone on tape, with 100 eyewitnesses, AND a signed confession, and then kill the baliff with the murder weapon during the trial and it STILL wouldn't PROVE anything.  Then again, if I'm found guilty of murder, I'll probably then be sentenced for all forms of rape, grand theft auto, identity theft, money laundering, treason, purgery and terrorism as well, since some of us seem to think all offenses all related and if ONE is committed, so too must all of them.

I don't think everyone here's ever going to agree on whether or not raiding/raping is just.  But I think it's been established, at the very least, with valid arguments on both sides (Yes comet, that means you, but I still don't LIKE you.), that there IS strategic value to the act, it CAN be punched through with quite a bit of work, and finally, yes, it does give one side an unfair advantage in more than a few situations.
I'll let the lying thing go, apparently you can't. And I have always said in these posts that I never intended to change anyone's minds here, I only ask that my valid points be recognized as such as much as I have recognized others valid points. We will aggree to disagree, as long as we realize that each side has it's points. EA is not going to do anything about it, so the argument is purely academic anyway.
TheEqualizer
+6|6545|Maryland, USA
Last night my teammate got kicked for baseraping when he was trying to blow up enemy assets.  There were no other flags and he was running around by the artillery killing everyone that ran up the hill to take him out.  That's self-defense, not baseraping.  I was there with him as support so I could give him more ammo.  He was trying to take out enemy assets (perfectly honorable) and the enemy came to him so he had no choice but to kill them in self-defense (perfectly honorable).  Then he got kicked for baseraping the uncap.  That's lame.

Anyway, I only have a problem with baseraping when it happens to me
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6558|Flower Mound, TX
it states in the EA server rules that no server can limit the use of base raping or vehicles or classes. I see servers with the message "only spec ops aloud in enemy main base". so i go in as spec ops and kill someone that was chasing me. Aparently he was an admin and thought it smart to kick me for base raping? Or maybe its just my leet scar-L skillz.

my 2 cents

im gonna try to get ahold of the EA rules page and put it on this topic.

EDIT:

Here you go read carefully now.

Rules of Engagement (ROE)

Revised March 13, 2006

Preface

Purpose of this document:

This document explains the Rules of Engagement that all Ranked Servers and Players must follow.

1 GLOBALLY ENFORCED RANKED SERVER RULES

These are rules that all administrators and players using ranked servers are expected to observe and are set by EA, BF2RS under the EULA/TOS/RSA/ROE.

§1.1 You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are on any Ranked Servers.
§ This would include the copy and distribution of copyrighted software or cd-keys
§1.2 You may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (this does not apply to trusted partners and in game server messages) on any ranked servers.
§ Trusted Partners and Advertisers are excluded from this ruling.
§1.3 You may not change (hack) any core games files, load into memory or employ external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving yourself an unfair advantage over other players.

This would include but not limited to:
§ MSX and other 3rd party software.
§ Modification of weapons code, aka Tank turrets exploit.
§ CVAR hacks which would make players appear Neon
§ CVAR hacks that let players see thru walls or buildings
§ Mini-Map hack so all players are visible
§ Modification of Player Names which would alter their size or colors.
§ Items not included in this list would be up to EA & DICE to interpret.
§1.4 Server administrators may not change any game settings defined as standard for ranked servers (ticket ratios, server password, round time, etc.)

§1.5 Server administrators may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)
§ Infantry only Servers
§ Kicking Players who use vehicles or aircraft
§ Limiting certain vehicles or aircraft for non clan members
§1.6 Server administrators may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on roles or kits that players can use while on your server.

§ Spec Ops
§ Squad Leader
§ Note.. Commander class can not be enforced due to the § 2.3 rule change
§1.7 Server administrators may not use non-standard (custom map packs) maps or modified versions of standard maps.

§1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

§ Knife-Pistol-Revive
§ Knife-Pistol only Servers
§ Knife only Servers
§ High Points Servers
§ Infantry only Servers
§ No Artillery or Armour Servers
§ Using Vehicles removed from battlefield for purposes of artificially inflating points
§ Turning boats upside down and repairing
§ Glitching inside buildings.
§ Modifying game files for vehicles and weapons.
§ Items not included in this list would be up to EA & DICE to interpret.
§1.9 Players may not Impersonate or abuse BF2RS ADMINS.

§1.10 Server administrators will not go to ANY public or clan ranked server and threaten or bully any clan or clan administrator.
§ Admins are to only observe and report back to their department head
§ Admins will not contact or interfere in clan ranked servers
§ Admins will at no time contact any trusted provider
§ Admins at no time will state rules if they see violations
§ Admins who do not follow this procedure will immediately be fired
§ These rules do not apply to contract servers we have with trusted providers
§1.20 GLOBAL CONFIGURATON SETTINGS – ALL RANKED SERVERS
§ Min Players: 16
§ sv.password = empty string. Ranked servers may not be password protected. Ranked servers are intended to be available to all players.
§ sv.numPlayersNeededToStart = (6 for maxPlayers 16, 10 for 32, 10 for 64)
§ sv.spawnTime 15
§ sv.manDownTime 15
§ sv.ticketRatio 100
§ sv.teamRatioPercent 100
§ sv.punkBuster 1
§ Though it is not required, EA requests that all servers run Friendly Fire at 100% for all settings, including mines (sv.friendlyFireWithMines).
§ Ranked servers must be entirely "pure" with no customization outside of the default content shipped by DICE/EA. Ranked servers will not be allowed to run Mods or CustomMaps, as we cannot ensure the balance of these components. Custom maps are never permitted.
§1.21 TK PUNISHMENT
§ Option A: TK punish is optional for the player by using the pgup/pgdn voting system.
§ Option B: TK punish is to be set to automatic or on, but may not be set to off.

2 EA OFFICIAL PUBLIC SERVER RULES

These are rules that EA official server administrators enforce to maintain friendly, disciplined servers and are in addition to the global rules defined above.

§2.1 You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language in chat or voice mode.

§2.2 You may not use foul or slanderous language involving race, gender, sexual preference, religion or creed.

§2.3 You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses.
§ Commander flying or in a vehicle instead of commanding
§ Destruction of friendly vehicles
§ Excessive team killing
§ Team switching to gain medals or awards
You may not display abusive behaviour towards administrators. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly, you may lodge an appeal on the official forums
§ BF2 Ranked Servers Forums
§ King Dave [email protected] Director

3 LOCAL (PRIVATELY RENTED) RANKED SERVER RULES MODIFICATIONS

These are rules that are not enforced upon in EA’s public ranked servers but may be modified in privately rented ranked servers. These rules are decided by clan administrators for those servers and as long as they do not contradict any global rules enforced by EA are considered valid for those servers.

§ Artillery fire or bombing runs on main (uncapturable) bases may be prohibited.
§ Prolonged or sustained attacks on main (uncapturable) bases (i.e. spawncamping).
§ Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
§ Impersonating clan members.
§ Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles.
§ Clans may change or customise rules, provided they don’t violate the above ROE rules.
See you on the battlefield

Authors

EA
Combat Studios
BF2RS
King Dave
IndianScout

Last edited by shadowcell_01 (2006-07-12 08:55:37)

GATOR591957
+84|6640
I'm interested in your opinions on this:  Gulf of Oman.  I'm in an F-35.  I get the the MEC main and destroy their jets with guns.  I continue to keep their jets down the entire round with guns.  I will admit I got 4 or 5 kills when guys were beside the jets.  My purpose was to allow the ground troops to do their thing.  I wasn't bombing at all just using guns on the planes to keep them on the ground.  The reason I ask is my clan has a vote up on this very topic, and as in this forum, it is quite a hot topic of debate.
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6558|Flower Mound, TX
okay well i dont consider that baseraping at all. in fact thats one of the best tactics ive heard all month. i might have to try that later
ChromeBallz
+3|6513
This is a computergame.
A computergame is not real, and not realistic.
A computergame is there to let people have fun - to let *everyone* have fun. This is especially true for multiplayer games.

"I main rape because i want my team to win" - on a public server, your own team is as strange to you as the opposing team is. Why would you ruin everyone's free time by point whoring? Tickets won't go down faster. Also, people who use this excuse are mostly the ones who go Chinese in Wake, since it's obviously the best balanced map in bf2.

Yes, that's sarcasm.

Why do mainrapers so often mock their own arguments for validation of their tactic by playing Wake so much? According to them, if the other team doesn't have any flags, they suck, but they start without any flags in Wake - so that would mean that that map is horrid and unplayable. Yet, you'll find them mainraping the carrier there. Same story for Karkand, if it would have air vehicles, but god knows, the MEC/Rape proponents still try to do it by bringing the tank to the USMC main base.

The point of a game is this: Have fun while mastering a challenge. I don't know what kind of idiot-tree baserapers are born under, but i don't really see any challenge in baseraping...
The point of a multiplayer game is this: Having fun while being challenged by your opponent(s). Same argument as i already mentioned.

There is no other point to main base raping than pointwhoring, it's as simple as that. I have yet to see a valid argument for it otherwise.
pndragon26
+23|6700
I agree with you Gator, part of the job in flying is to keep enemy air out of the sky. Besides going after the chopper and planes if someone wants to hop in the IGLA and take a shot, they are fair game. I also try to bomb assets... should I NOT then go after people near the AA to be "fair" I guess some feel they should have free shots at planes and choppers in the area. Same if I get near the carrier to take out aircraft or while in a dogfight. If the essex guns mark me I will swing around and "try" to take them out, by strafing or bombing the carrier. I don't consider it raping or padding, just trying to keep the odds of staying alive in my favor.
Overall when I am flying I mainly go after aircraft/choppers (on ground or in air) and people in IGLA's if the ground units call me into go after an APC or Tank or if I see one sitting ,thats when i break off and assist.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6666|pimelteror.de
chromeballz mentioned the most important points:
- it´s still a game - for everyone
- it should be fun and a challenge

where is the challenge to drop arti on the mainbase, then bomb it and then arti again? where is the challenge to sit and wait at the last spawnpoints to pointfarm? that´s no fairplay...

and yes... let them come again. if your team is really good, then you will push them back again - if not, you c0cksuckers just got no skills or take the chinese side on wake, because it´s the only side, where you assholes can score... baserapers have no balls..
comet241
+164|6778|Normal, IL
in response to shadowcell.....

im not sure if maybe there is a misunderstanding, but you are correct in that nobody can limit the use of certain kits, or certain kits in certain areas. however, you CAN make a rule on your server that there is no baseraping whatsoever. You just can't say: only spec ops in main. I dont know if that is what you were saying or not, but Im just trying to clarify. yeah, you probably did run into a kick-happy admin. it happens. thousands of other servers out there....

in response to gator, yeah, i would consider that baseraping. while you are not just blindly bombing their main and repeating, you are using a vehicle to deny their access to their own vehicle at their own uncap. yes, it's a great strategy, but one that, in my own opinion, i would consider wrong (see previous 5 pages of post for reason why....). I think it's much more fun to let them take off in the jet, get right in behind them.... and the rest is history.

in response to pndragon26, yes, i agree that anyone who hops into a defensive weapon at the uncap is fair game, especially if you are flying in a jet and you get the tone.... it's purely defensive, especially considering that some of those aa guns can reach pretty damn far across the map, its only fair.

to keios... exactly.
specialistx2324
hahahahahhaa
+244|6702|arica harbour
"ohh noo you are baserapping please stop" those are the words of a noob. plain and simple.

servers like NAEA prohibit base rapping. so me being spec ops, i destroy the other teams assets and all of the sudden someone sees me, what do you want me to do, say hi to him.  then when i kill him all the fools in NAEA say " if you dont leave the main base, you will be kicked and banned from the server"

I work alone and all i need from my teammates is healing packs, ammo and be revived .  nothing more and nothing else. i make my own squad and lock it. i work alone so that the enemy has a hard time to detect me and to avoid all the noobs out there
Wicked97
+5|6539
This is a funny thread.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard