slicknic
+145|6646
Ive been informed that bf2s cant host my video because the current ones are sufficient but i must still share it.  Please post any feedback.  If many people find it helpful i will make another one (most likely about the map sharqi/more teamwork based)

This video is 200 MB (30 minutes) but chalk full of informationfor those that want to learn.  If you want to see how to do well in a pub in a heli this is for you.  It was all recorded in a few hours pubbing in the same day. 

What you can learn:
- The basics - i start out slow but very quickly advance
- Primarily the purpose of a chopper. 
- How and what to tv (solo or as a team).
- How to Stay alive.

Heres the link

higher rez download
http://files.filefront.com/Tutorial1_So … einfo.html

streaming video
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … r+tutorial

for any questions or comments you can also contact me on xfire -   SlickNic85

Remember this video is aimed at average pubbers, and i hope it can help.

Last edited by slicknic (2006-07-11 21:29:17)

.:ronin:._|_rommel
Banned
+3|6638
looks like you play on the same server I do

If you ever see Agent.Mailman or SysTray, be gentle

(Insomnia Sharqi)

Last edited by .:ronin:._|_rommel (2006-05-01 16:33:27)

slicknic
+145|6646
hehe i was just about to ask ;p  but i do sometimes (quite hectic tho, so tough to get a heli ><)  maybe ill let ya gun ^^
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6650|Washington, DC

very very nice
slicknic
+145|6646
This is a bump/ update

Magically im still getting hits and responses at video.google, so there must still be a demand out there for this sort of thing.

Anyone that hasnt seen this and aren't an expert at flying a heli, you may find this interesting.  If you know the basics such as hovering/ circling you may want to skip ahead a few minutes(had to review it).

For those that dont want to download a big file, use this google video to stream it.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 2+tutorial

Hope I have something to offer.  enjoy.
Seaneroo
+12|6678
I missed this one somehow the first time around.  Great tutorial, great effort.  Thanks!
slicknic
+145|6646
one last bump
okashii
+34|6549|I'm form Poland and I hate it
Good job very good tutorial, awesome solo skills, great awareness = you deserve a cookie

and if you can please make a Sharqi video because it's my fav map

I'm off to some serious training...
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6567
Hey thanks a lot for the tutorial man, it was well worth the watch.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6639|Manitowoc, WI
great video. lots of quality information.  i hope you do make a video of sharqi as that is where i mostly do my helo whoring if you will.  i would find that very interestion and im sure im not the only one who thinks so
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6647|Canada
cant watch it now, im at work. but when i get home i'll watch...soooo  *BUMP*!!!!!!
ionescualex
+12|6642
How is that when you switch to the gunner position you're always in TV mode?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6647|UK

ionescualex wrote:

How is that when you switch to the gunner position you're always in TV mode?
right click quickly...
slicknic
+145|6646
what liquidator said

after you do it enough, it becomes second nature
but i know when you start.. if you do it too fast it doesnt work always correctly so it takes a little practice.
ionescualex
+12|6642
Yeah, that's the problem I always get. And is it just me or does this happen to everybody; whenever I switch between machine gun/TV mode, say I'm switching to TV from gun, it will go to TV, back to gun and then TV real fast. wtf?
Seaneroo
+12|6678
Is it still possible to switch to the gunner position and get a shot off since the last update?  Now helis go out of control immediately if there is nobody in the pilot seat.
slicknic
+145|6646
i actually havnt really played since this patch but from asking friends, yes.  but at the end of the range of the tv the chooper then stops floating(not exactly sure what that means but i know you can still solo).
Bevo
Nah
+718|6541|Austin, Texas
Yes it's still possible to solo.... I've been doing it today on unpopulated servers... Actually I just got kicked from one because I solo Tv'd the admins chopper at 400m.... sore losers make me laugh.
TriggerLID
Power Nubs Unite
+6|6552
Great tutorial your an awsome solo pilot
T@rg3T
+1|6534
THANK YOU!

Most movies you see, are clips of people's best shots, but yours is as your playing and I must say, great skill.  The commentary also helps for someone like me that is hopeless at flying.  My aim is not to solo fly but fly well enough so that I can help the gunner get kills.

Could you please tell me(post) your Chopper settings? Are they on default for mouse sensitivity or have you changed it from 3?  You have very smooth action and control.

Well done, I just wish I had half that skill
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6812|Jupiter
"At first this is a very awkword sensation" Sounds like the first time your mastrubate....
slicknic
+145|6646

T@rg3T wrote:

THANK YOU!

Most movies you see, are clips of people's best shots, but yours is as your playing and I must say, great skill.  The commentary also helps for someone like me that is hopeless at flying.  My aim is not to solo fly but fly well enough so that I can help the gunner get kills.

Could you please tell me(post) your Chopper settings? Are they on default for mouse sensitivity or have you changed it from 3?  You have very smooth action and control.

Well done, I just wish I had half that skill
My settings are default... but i dont think people realize that those settings are affected by your windows settings i think (so it doesnt matter what they are).  But they arent really high ill tell u that, in fact i have a mx518 and i always change the sensitivy to lowest setting (750 dpi or so) just cuz thats what im used to. 

And if you played as much as i did, you would be as good ;p  Its just practice... It also helps to have good ping/ good comp.
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6577
that was a good video
in not that great at flying but im a decent gunner so i'll have to inprove my flying on single and try solo flying
teeW
+4|6524|central illinois

ionescualex wrote:

Yeah, that's the problem I always get. And is it just me or does this happen to everybody; whenever I switch between machine gun/TV mode, say I'm switching to TV from gun, it will go to TV, back to gun and then TV real fast. wtf?
You're not alone. Happens to me everytime as well, and I think it may be due to graphic settings? Not completely sure, but I run everything as low as possible due to my crap machine. Anyway, I'm glad someone else shares this same wtf sentiment.
slicknic
+145|6646
it also happents in my video doesnt it?... i guess ive gotten used to it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard