Snakeyezzz
Banned
+10|6694
Crashing NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
Hopefully not many of you will fall victim to this due to the new series 5 NVIDIA nForce motherboard product just now getting to market, but is something to be aware of. We have tested two nForce 570 SLI chipset motherboards here recently that do not take well to the latest v91.31 WHQL video card drivers when using the latest v9.16 WHQL chipset drivers from NVIDIA. In fact, using these v91.31 drivers with the nForce 570 resulted in crashed operating systems and corrupted hard drives. It seems that the problem may not stop there either. One source in Taiwan mentioned that the problem might extend to the Intel 955X chipset as well.

nVidia Forceware V91.31 has compatible problem with nForce 570 SLI and Intel 955X chipset. Please downgrade to nVidia Forceware V84.21 or try the latest V91.33beta

(taken from HARD OCP)
1NfE5T
I'll sleep when i'm dead
+11|6752|Houston,Texas
I think this is the reason why you shouldn't jump on the new hardware bandwagon, just wait a few months for the new stuff to fully mature. Strickly MHO
A7ESf
+1|6654|Houston, TX

1NfE5T wrote:

I think this is the reason why you shouldn't jump on the new hardware bandwagon, just wait a few months for the new stuff to fully mature. Strickly MHO
+1

We do appreciate the heads up on the problems your seeing, but I have to agree with the post above.
alpinestar
+304|6631|New York City baby.
that's why there are 91.33
Snakeyezzz
Banned
+10|6694
I am not having the problem...merely passing along info I felt was justified in passing along to all my BF2 friends.HARD OCP is one of the best hardware websites on the net...if they have to issue a warning as THIS...then it's really something to make others aware of.THe thing that disturbed me the most is that it creates a bigger problem by screwing up your O/S and also your hard drive(s).
I hope by posting this it makes anyone aware of the potential problem that can happen.

PEACE!!
aLi3nZ
+138|6541|New Zealand
Thanks for the heads up.
renejak
+4|6761|in the back of your mind......
yeah thanks.......
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6751
this should be in tech... oh trigger!!! move this
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6635|132 and Bush

Alot of us are having problems with Vista and PB also, just thought I would throw that in the mix with those looking to upgrade.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mooncricket
Knife Whore
+10|6772|Alabama
ATI for teh win
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6562|Portland, OR USA

Kmarion wrote:

Alot of us are having problems with Vista and PB also, just thought I would throw that in the mix with those looking to upgrade.
Yeah, what is the gross national product of Denmark?

Nice find, I run an nVidia card on a 955 chipset myself.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6809|Nova Scotia, Canada

Moved to Tech
CLEVERLITTLETROJAN
I killed you,you just don't know it yet
+18|6649|birmingham,uk
the way i see it is ppl who update drivers when everything is working fine(eg..no crashing/hacker holes/isseus) is a fool
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6754|Las Vegas

CLEVERLITTLETROJAN wrote:

the way i see it is ppl who update drivers when everything is working fine(eg..no crashing/hacker holes/isseus) is a fool
See it however you like, you are still wrong.
Rosse_modest
+76|6811|Antwerp, Flanders

1NfE5T wrote:

Heed these words well, kids. They're W.I.S.D.O.M.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard