nating75
+0|6787
Yesterday I ran into my first true dolphin diver. I was cruising in an APC up to an enemy base and a spec op comes running through the fencing. I try to kill him but he immediatly goes into the dolphin dive (jump to prone, for those who don't know what dolphin diving means). What made this guy unique was he was tossing C4 and immediatly blowing it to try and kill my APC.

It was very effective because in an APC it was extremely hard to hit him mid flight while he was prone. I was just wondering if there are key binds out there? Because it seemed like it was immediate jump prone, jump prone jump prone... On top of that his C4 was toss blow, toss blow, like clock work.

If he was using key binds then he's a NTAC. Otherwise I would have to say it took some talent to pull off his acrobatics.

Before you ask I don't have his name.
nating75
+0|6787
True, he may have skill I never said he didn't.

but he was like clockwork. Doing it manually means you're going to have different timing each time. Meaning that some of the C4 may not even blow or blow after it hits the ground. The *click* *click* *BOOM* doesn't always work as you planned because you're second click may be too soon or too late and then you won't have a boom.

In any case he looked like a jackhole.

Last edited by nating75 (2005-11-17 15:03:36)

elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6791|Texas
The funny thing is that it takes even less skill to use an APC...This is what we call "adaptation" for all you spawn raping fag bangers.
Bravery
+-1|6780

elbowdeeplove wrote:

The funny thing is that it takes even less skill to use an APC...This is what we call "adaptation" for all you spawn raping fag bangers.
qft
oberst_enzian
+234|6753|melb.au
haha from urban dictionary.com

"QFT = QFE for idiots. Devised by those who lack an understanding of the word "Emphasis". Quoted for Emphasis is essentially the same as Quoted for Truth, only it makes sense. If you are quoting something "for truth", you are quoting it for, get this - EMPHASIS.

'QFT' is usually used by children (i.e, under 13) who have clearly not had internet access long enough. Thus it is usually found on forums with something to do with children's games - namely CS, and various MMOs."

...shall we include BF2?

dolphin diving and bunny hopping are for dickheads, who are TRYING to make the game stupid.
RadeonII
+1|6785
Hr_Amdi
+0|6771|Denmark
LOL great video - even though it is pretty sad to see that kind of crap taking place.
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6850|UK
Wankers who do that shit..
Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6752

StokoE wrote:

Wankers who do that shit..
yes? go on...
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6779|Human Meat Shield
This is nothing new, but now I know what it is called, but boy I wish I could find the Z, Space, Click at the same time! That's alot of buttons! I find myself using W and Shift alot. What's very funny I think is when they do this dive and use the 203. I feel a new signature coming on...

"I use the Toob because I can't aim."
nating75
+0|6787

elbowdeeplove wrote:

Let's see, who's the no talent spawn raping fag banger?

Your stats

overall vehicle hours = 133:02:28, kills = 7,716
percentatage to overall hours = 33.25%, kills = 38.7%

My stats

overall vehicle hours = 08:11:47, kills = 520
percentage to overall hours = 13.8%, kills = 12.9%

You should really find out who you're talking to before you start running your mouth. If I see you on the battlefield you better bring it cause' I'm gonna hunt you're Strike at Karkand loving, nube toob sucking, vehicle whoring ass down all round.

And don't pretend you're any better Bravery... You're worse than elbowdeep. Nearly half your time is spent in a vehicle.

Last edited by nating75 (2005-11-18 10:52:32)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6779|Human Meat Shield

nating75 wrote:

elbowdeeplove wrote:

Your stats

My stats

You should really find out who you're talking to before you start running your mouth. If I see you on the battlefield you better bring it cause' I'm gonna hunt you're Strike at Karkand loving, nube toob sucking, vehicle whoring ass down all round.

And don't pretend you're any better Bravery... You're worse than elbowdeep. Nearly half your time is spent in a vehicle.
How 'bout me!!! Or do I just plain suck! I wish I could get to a vehicle!
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6791|Texas

nating75 wrote:

elbowdeeplove wrote:

Your stats

My stats

First I want to say that you're a fucking idiot.  Yes my overall vehicle hours are 133, but that is also OVERALL vehicles in which I've only spent 29 in a tank and only have 2440 kills of my total 20,077.  When you counted your own stats, you counted ONLY armor.  So redo your math and lick my balls.
nating75
+0|6787

elbowdeeplove wrote:

nating75 wrote:

elbowdeeplove wrote:

Your stats

My stats

First I want to say that you're a fucking idiot.  Yes my overall vehicle hours are 133, but that is also OVERALL vehicles in which I've only spent 29 in a tank and only have 2440 kills of my total 20,077.  When you counted your own stats, you counted ONLY armor.  So redo your math and lick my balls.
15:58:56 (I did miss copy this but the percentage is still correct) of 116:34:29 is 13.8%
520 (is my overall vehicle kill) of 4,025 is 12.9%

Damn, you don't check anything do you?... Just because I miss copied the total vehicle hours the percentages are still correct.

And it still says YOU ARE THE SPAWN RAPING FAG BANGER. Those are your words not mine.

You'll need to grow some balls before anyone can lick them.

Last edited by nating75 (2005-11-18 15:58:52)

=IMO=Ready2Die
Expert Infantryman
+0|6747
Adapt or die.
nating75
+0|6787

=IMO=Ready2Die wrote:

Adapt or die.
True,

Like I said in my initial post it was extremely effective, only he looked much like the sniper in the video.
ericTheFrog
+1|6745

=IMO=Ready2Die wrote:

Adapt or die.
Hmm, how about this:

Don't try to frontally attack an APC or Tank with your Spec Ops, then you wont need to dolphin dive like a jackass.

~frog
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6817
Well, if you're playing as support, you need to prone or jump to prone if you actually wanna hit anything. For the C4 stuff I go with Eric: Sneaking up on an APC or tank and letting it drive for another 3-4 secs and then *BOOM* is just priceless. Best and most satisfying way, I think
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6848|A Small Isle in the Tropics

LeGrandAssidomaen wrote:

For the C4 stuff I go with Eric: Sneaking up on an APC or tank and letting it drive for another 3-4 secs and then *BOOM* is just priceless. Best and most satisfying way, I think
I fully agree..been on the receiving end (pardon the pun) a number of times

hate it when i missed out on the SpecOps sticking stuff right up the ass of my tank..but when i do see them, I push the shift stick into R and hit the pedal hard..crushed. and you hear their radioset going "medic! medic!"

as for dolphin diving.. nailed one using my shotgun, blasted in mid-air. works all the time, even with bunny hoppers in close range.

Last edited by mikeshw (2005-11-18 19:19:37)

kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6837|Australia
shoulda ran him over....
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6765
I only wish bunny hoppers had fluffy tails & dolphin divers made that dolphin clicky noise, would make the game more enjoyable, especialy when ive shot them
nating75
+0|6787

kontrolcrimson wrote:

shoulda ran him over....
Yeah, but there's always the threat of laid C4 when dealing with a spec op. He was using buildings as cover as well.

Getting owned by C4 traps are pretty hard to take since I set them all the time. Also, I'm not the best armor driver in town, there are plenty better armor drivers I'm not ashamed to admit that, so that had a lot to do with not being able to take him out effectively.

Last edited by nating75 (2005-11-18 21:11:48)

ericTheFrog
+1|6745
A single jump into a dive or a straight dive is fine. But I've gone against some of these guys who try to dolphin dive their way up to your tank to plant c4 on it. I think half the time they survive just because the poor tanker is sitting there thinking "What the $@#^ is this fool doing?" Of course, this one didn't make it.

Luckily I play on a server where the admins actively kick bunny hoppers, team killers, stat padders, etc. Makes it that much easier to enjoy the game.

~frog
RadeonII
+1|6785

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon wrote:

I only wish bunny hoppers had fluffy tails & dolphin divers made that dolphin clicky noise, would make the game more enjoyable, especialy when ive shot them
thanks man I blew a huge snot bubble when i read that.

Last edited by RadeonII (2005-11-19 01:57:45)

SMKpaladin
+0|6751|Germany
Everytime I take out a bunny hopper I write: "See where your stupid CS trick got you?"! or "See, being a bunny only gets you unwanted attention "

I'd really like to shout something like this when killing a bunny hopper with my DAO-12 or Jackhammer: "Dodge this!"

Last edited by SMKpaladin (2005-11-19 05:21:39)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard