RufusRex
+0|6764
I know its probably been discussed ad-nauseum but damm it irrits the @#$ out of me ...

Here is what should be done ...

A single jump should suck half your remaining stamina.  Also the height/distance you can jump should be linked to the amount of stamina you have left.  That way if you continue to jump then each jump will be smaller and smaller.

You should not be able to go prone mid air - i cannot believe this wasnt fixed in the last patch.

Accuracy when jumping should be slashed.  If you jump you should be about 25% as accurate as if you are standing.

Makes sense to me ...
oberst_enzian
+234|6753|melb.au
I for one totally agree with you, although in the end, you know they aren't going to do anything about it. If they can't be bothered fixing actual bugs like red/blue that actually turn people off playing and make the punish/stats system a total farce, what's the chance they'll see a spastic game element like BHing and DDing and say "Damn! Better get right on that and fix it!!"
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6765
25% of normal?  take an assult rifle, jump at least 6 feet into the air (I reomend a trampoline) and fire. . . you will likly end up prone, weather you want to or not.  disable fireing while jumping.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6784|Noizyland

You'd have to have some really unfit soldiers for a single jump to suck half their stamina. It's the army, couch potato style!

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-11-17 17:29:25)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
slidero
I like rabbits and dolphins
oberst_enzian
+234|6753|melb.au
hippy
RME_JICO
Olaf, Berserker...
+3|6763|Here
For jumping - just prevent players from jumping immediately after another jump.  There should be at least a short 1-2 second pause.  A single jump should not take half your remaining stamina.

Going prone in the air is like diving.  As long as you can't jump continuously after, then you can prevent the Dolphin divers.

Accuracy while jumping should be almost zero compared to standing. 

Trix are for kids.
divided
Clear!
+3|6783
I can't kill shit without dolphin diving/superman jumping.  Disagree.
chickenmuncher
+2|6761| U.S.A.
divided, i under stand if you jump then go prone, thats ok, bunny hooping is gay. also if you ahve so many complaits about this game, stop playing or make a better one!
=IMO=Ready2Die
Expert Infantryman
+0|6747
Wow, if they implement everything you people say, we'd have some unfit soldiers. I can jump and fire my gun perfectly fine, slighty reduced accuracy, but not by much. I agree with you on the going prone in mid-air, that should at least hurt you slightly. Jumping should stay as it is, maybe with a slightly longer time delay between jumps, but I think a marine could jump a lot more than twice before being tired.
RufusRex
+0|6764
i am not saying you can only jump twice .. i was saying that each time you jump you half your remaining stamina and the height distance you can jump .... basically you can jump but each time you jump the jump gets smaller and smaller ....
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6765
jumping and going prone I have no problem with. but it should hurt a slight bit, and give you the daze effect, like when you stand next to a tank that fires.  Just to give you the effect of landing on your stomach and getting the wind knocked out of you.
oberst_enzian
+234|6753|melb.au

=IMO=Ready2Die wrote:

I think a marine could jump a lot more than twice before being tired.
that's true, but this is the entire point - even though he could, would he, in the middle of a fire-fight? The point is not so much that BHers are hard to hit or anything, it's that they MAKE THE GAME STOOOOPID. It's hard to enjoy the firefights in BF2 when half the players in the screen are using the "pogo" kit instead of a noraml one.
Mafia47
+27|6751|Chicago
why would ea want to change that though? they don't care...and plus in real life its not like you jump in the air once and are out of breath i think its more relistic but i don't care about that
to me it doesn't make sense to jump once and boom half stamina...wtf is your guy morbidly obese or something?
Bravery
+-1|6780
Alright, I'm going to try and be nice in this post. Bunny-Hopping was not intended to be put into Battlefield 2. It is in the game, and the only reason it is in the game at this moment is because EA is to busy swimming in the millions of dollars they made off of BF2. The people who bunny-hop are not, "fags, queers, assholes, or fucktards", they're people who are using it to get easy experience from killing people. The solution is easy to fix bunny-hopping, infact it's already been fixed in the Project-Realism mod. So it's not hard at all to fix, EA is just lazy.

I bunny-hop sometimes, when I'm in the middle of the street and my stamina bar is out, I bunny-hop to the other side for cover. When I'm trying to get a badge or ribbon that I want I bunny-hop to avoid getting killed, and to get kills because I know people don't know how to kill bunny-hoppers, which infact is very easy to do if you know how to aim. I for one, would like to see EA fix the bunny-hopping issue, I think everyone would like to see it fixed. I bunny-hop sometimes, like when I'm using C4 to kill people and armor, etc. But I'm very good when I don't bunny-hop so if they fix it, it won't be an issue for me. And it probably won't bother any of the people who bunny-hop either.

Have fun reading this, because I sure as hell didn't put alot of time into spell-checking, or re-reading for grammatical errors.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6795|Perth, Western Australia
I try not to but when I come under fire my frst instinct is to dolphin dive or bunny hop until the fire has stopped and then crouch in the direction of the attacker, dont know why. However, I do not do that 'belly hopping' 'prone jumping' shiznit, no honour on that.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6848|Munich, Germany
i dont mind ppl hopping around like a rabbit on a carrot giveaway party, they will just die
but its disturbing that ppl can shoot assault rifles while jumping 6feet in the air. for those who have never fired a rifle before: YOU WILL NEVER DO THAT!!! it will just punch you on your ass after the first shot/burst.
connecting jumping to stamina would also be nice but lets take 1 step at a time .
and yes i start jumping to when im undr fire and dunno where its coming from, try to get into cover and then take my opponent out.
ony thing that really annoys me are the noob tubing BHers on the city maps. sure they have practice doin it, i cant and i wont, but its just lame.
Green-Lynx
+1|6754|Scotland!!!
i think when you jump it should be made so you cant shoot, simple answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard