[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6742|Germany, Berlin
hey bravery, u belong to those people acting all smart and though, talking shit from miles away but from face to face u wouldnt have anything to say......just hope that ill see ya one day walking down the street ....i'd fuckin' kick your ass!!!!!!!!!!
dsb
+0|6779

[S.P.S]1on1killa wrote:

hey bravery, FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!  what's wrong with me askin' if i don't know about something????  fuckin' pussy!!!!!!!
wow...maybe relax?
dsb
+0|6779

[S.P.S]1on1killa wrote:

hey bravery, u belong to those people acting all smart and though, talking shit from miles away
isn't that exactly what you're doing right now?
sleepy127
+4|6740
edited content

Last edited by sleepy127 (2006-04-19 08:35:11)

unforgiven5150
+0|6780|Phoenix, AZ
I agree that you can't really compare SEALs to USMC. You are comparing apples to oranges. You need to compare 2 special operations units to each other, for example SEALs to Delta, now generally referred to by people who know as CAG (Combat Applications Group, to try to pull the press off Delta) or SEALs to Special Forces.

The Marines just got their own special ops detachment: USSOCOM Detachment One, I believe. Before the closest thing the Corps had was Force Recon, but they were not under the umbrella of US SOCOM like SF, Delta, SEALs, Rangers or AFSOC.

I think it has been mentioned, but SEALs are specialized units. Different SEAL teams operate and specialize in different regions on the world. SEALs are a group in the Navy. Marines are the entire branch, which is under the Department of the Navy.
unforgiven5150
+0|6780|Phoenix, AZ

[S.P.S]1on1killa wrote:

whats the difference between the SAS and the SBS????  What are their areas of combat??? here in germany they onle have the GSG-9 as far as I know and im trying to join them.............lol
SAS is the special ops branch of the British Army, compare if to US Army Special Forces. SBS is part of the Royal Marines, compare them to US Navy SEALs.
Sturmvogel
+1|6777

[S.P.S]1on1killa wrote:

hey bravery, FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!  what's wrong with me askin' if i don't know about something????  fuckin' pussy!!!!!!!
Oh god, shouldn't you be in school right now? Watch out everyone, we've got an internet tough guy on our hands.

Anyway, I think comparing the USMC's Force Recon and the Navy SEALs would make more sense.

Last edited by Sturmvogel (2005-11-15 10:47:01)

Sturmvogel
+1|6777

[S.P.S]1on1killa wrote:

hey bravery, u belong to those people acting all smart and though, talking shit from miles away but from face to face u wouldnt have anything to say......just hope that ill see ya one day walking down the street ....i'd fuckin' kick your ass!!!!!!!!!!
What the hell man, you don't even make sense. Read what you just wrote. Done? Ok read it again. You call someone out for "talking shit miles away" but then you go on to say you would "kick his ass." This forum would be a much better place if 12 year olds like yourself were prohibited from posting.

"HAY DUDz WUtS BETTR MARINES OR NAVY SEALS LOL!"
dshak
+4|6815
I didn't  bother to read all the other posts, just the first one... this is NOTHING to take away from the Marines... but the Seals are MUCH MUCH better trained. Many Seals ARE marines, the elite ones, as well as elite soldiers from other branches of service.  People often mistake the rogue operations and actions of special forces to mean less discipline, and in truth at times Seals and Delta can seem a bit like cowboys, but it comes with the job description, each has very different specific operational objectives.

I digress, most Seals are just Marines with ADDITIONAL training.
[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6742|Germany, Berlin
i dont get this...bravery wants to make me look stupid by saying i dont know what the delta force is and now every1 is hatin' on me, ok then, if you guys were born with all this knowledge, lucky you!!! i wasnt so i just wanted to inform myself, but if this is such a big problem for you guys........whatever.....i wanna thank all the people sharing their knowledge with me anyway

Last edited by [S.P.S]1on1killa (2005-11-15 12:00:44)

dsb
+0|6779

[S.P.S]1on1killa wrote:

i dont get this...bravery wants to make me look stupid by saying i dont know what the delta froce is and now every1 is hatin' on me, ok then, if you guys were born with all this knowledge, lucky you!!! i wasnt so i just wanted to inform myself, but if this is such a big problem for you guys........whatever.....i wanna thank all the people sharing their knowledge with me anyway
no one is getting on you for asking...it's because you instantly flew off the handle and then jabbed at him for being a keyboard tough-guy when you were doing the same exact thing, if not more so...
[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6742|Germany, Berlin
how would u feel if u ask a question and another dude tries to make u look stupid"?????  yeah, maybe i overreacted, and maybe this comparison sux bigtime, but then u could just tell me instead of being so damn arrogant
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6745|Vienna- Austria
well as i said in my explonation.. read it thru and think of it again.. last reply on site one
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

good on you thor, that's the most decent explanation i've heard in a long time.
Club3D
+31|6843
BF2 soldiers are the best, drive a tank, flight a jet fighter and do all sort of ground operations and if you die, you can can re-spawn can you beat that? lol
Rakasan
+7|6838|California, USA
I don't really think anyone can compare Marines vs Seals in general.  Each have their own types of specialties and jobs.  This goes with Army vs Navy vs.... That's almost like saying a Marine finance clerk, who works in an office and never see's the field, is more hardcore than an Army Infantryman with Ranger and SF tabs (who spends 6 months in the field during the year).  It kind of pisses me off when ppl (not here, but in society) ask me or say who's better?  BTW, I used to be an Army Infantryman.

Not to diss the Marines, but a while back, I watched a WWII documentary on the History Channel and they said that the largest military surrender in history was about 10,000 soldiers by the US Marines.  A majority of them died during a long trek from beatings, dehydration, etc....I believe it was called the Baton Death March (sp?).

All I know is that my unit, once a year, had to road march 100 miles straight.  I knew it had something to do with the Baton Death March.

edit: it's Bataan

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-11-16 17:29:11)

StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6842|UK

[S.P.S]1on1killa wrote:

Thats it use the old i see you in the street i would kill you routine..

Grow up child.. if you are trying to get in some kind of army the only one you will be getting into is the gayboys faggot fucks army.. for queers like yourself.

no offence
dshak
+4|6815
I still think its funny that nobody has acknowledged that the majority of seals ARE marines... hence USMC training, plus SEAL training...

The USMC, though a seperate entity, is "technically" the infantry division of the US Navy, and while SEALS come from a wide variety of service corps, an overwhelming number of them are USMC. This is a horrible analogy, but to make it as simple as possible, thats like asking "who is better, 3rd graders or 4th graders." When the 4th graders (SEALS) have already passed the 3rd grade.

Last edited by dshak (2005-11-17 13:11:17)

Tyshalle83
+1|6754|Raleigh, NC
I'm currently reading a book on SEAL training, called THE WARRIOR ELITE, and let me just tell you, I'm hard pressed to believe there's anyone better trained out there than a Navy SEAL. Maybe fucking Splinter Cell, Bourne Identity mother fuckers, but beyond something extreme like that, I'd be hesitant to believe that there's a single military branch in the WORLD that puts their soldiers through harder training. I'm damn certain that there are none in the USA.

For instance, in the book I'm reading, class 228 started out with close to 140 men. By the end of Hell Week, which is something like five-to-eight weeks into the course, all but nineteen had either dropped out, gotten injured and rolled back to another class, or have been kicked out for not performing.

Let me tell you, Hell Week is not something any of you ever want to go through. You have to perform pretty much 24 hours a day for five days straight, with about five hours worth of sleep during that entire time. I mean think about that, 5 hours worth of sleep over the course of 120 hours. Most people get 40 hours during that time. And the whole time they're made to swim in 50-60 degree water, run 5 miles straight with heavy ass boats on their heads, running obstacle courses and just in general having a really shitty time getting the best workout of their life. I doubt any of us could ever hope to doing anything like that. Because not only do these guys have to survive Hell Week, they have to perform during the course of the whole thing.

Plus, it doesn't help that BUD/S training (which is essentially SEAL training) runs the better part of a year, and that's just the Navy SEAL's equivilent of boot camp. After BUD/S, they're gonna have probably close to another two and a half years worth of training, before they're officially Navy SEAL's and are sent out on the really dangerous missions.

It's pretty insane.

The Marines can't touch that.

Hell, my dad was a marine. He guarded nuclear missiles on a boat somewhere or something like that. My dad's also a moron, with about as much discipline as most of the 10 year olds playing BF2, screaming for just 5 more minutes while neglecting their homework.

It's really not comparing apples to oranges in my opinion. The missions and specialities might be different, but when it all comes down to it the Navy SEAL's will whoop the living shit out of the Marines any day of the week, in any capacity you can think of. Comparing them to 3rd vs. 4th graders is more accurate IMO, but it's more like comparing 3rd graders to college students.

EDIT: Also, I'm not convinced that a majority of SEAL's are former-Marines. While reading this book, whenever somebody dropped out the author kept making references to them going back to a ship. I think that the fact that they're NAVY SEAL's means that a lot of them actually come from the Navy. I'm sure there are several Marines too, but I haven't seen sufficient evidence to show that they're "mostly" marines.

Last edited by Tyshalle83 (2005-11-17 14:17:47)

dshak
+4|6815
for the record...

I completely withdraw my entire point with regards to this thread. I was way off base and completely wrong...

http://www.navyseals.com/community/navyseals/faqs.html
5.) Can I be in a branch other than the Navy and be a SEAL?

- No. The title NAVY SEAL should be pretty much self-explanatory. Other branch service members desiring BUD/S training should try to get an inter-service transfer to the U.S. Navy first. Talk to your chain of command or contact the Naval Special Warfare Center (NSWC) for more information.

I have read things about marines, even airforce commandos going through SEAL training, but clearly these guys must have been granted the above referenced inter-service transfer.

I was way off base on this one, sorry.
pfcilng
+0|6768|Northern Illinois University

[S.P.S]1on1killa wrote:

I feel like I just walked into a "My dad can beat up your dad" school yard argument.....
[MC]RG-Conan
+0|6757|Ventura, CA
SEALs are the first and the best! Delta is army (not joint with other branches). SEALs do everything that all the other guys do except Rangers who act as cannon fodder sometimes.

SEAL team 6 does what Delta does. Other seals capture airports (Panama) and snipe tangos (vietnam) etc.
Deedubya
+-2|6804|The Seventh Circle of Hell
You're pretty much comparing apples to oranges. The SEALs are Special Forces. they're trained to do specific things, whereas the Marines are a hardcore ground-pounder that are trained to kill in general. They're basically bullet-stoppers. Anyway, if you want to compare, compare the SEALs to say, the Green Berets, or Combat Control.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard