Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6784

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE!
A 3.45 INCHES HOLE IN THE HEAD KILLS PEOPLE!
rofl

Personally I dont really have and biased opinions against the guns in BF2, but some like the DAO-12 can be pretty tricky to overcome in CQC.  Its fun though once you master such weapons (and by master I dont mean running arround repeatedly clicking left mouse button )

If you ever want fun with people trick them into thinking your going to kill them.  I.e. you have a grenade launcher, shoot it but miss on purpose, then when they charge down for you, they find your entire squad waiting.  Or in the case of the DAO-12, use a pistol, and when they charge down they get the shock of their soon to be ended life.
unforgiven5150
+0|6777|Phoenix, AZ
Personally I think the grenade launcher should be more like they are in real life in the fact that they tank a certain distance to arm before they can blow up.
FLaXCarnage
+1|6785|Florida
Dao-12 owns you?
Lawk
+2|6772

unforgiven5150 wrote:

You know what I think are the worst people here? People who surf and post in the COMPLAINT section and complain about complaining! That is what this section is for you idiots. If you don't want to read about complaints, why are you here? My god, how stupid ARE you?

I was just trying to start a discussion about the feelings of this weapon, gimme a break. Only really have an issue with it lately as I have been TK'd more with it than I have been killed by an enemy with one.

As I said, personally I like the M16/203. Use it frequently. Nothing better for taking out a group of people at once.

Lawk wrote:

Yes this thread is pointless and moronic.
Yet you took time out of your life to post in it. What does that say about you?

Just wanted to add thanks to Jodah3, atlvolunteer, GotMex?, MattCicioni, thinner44 who can actually have a differing opinion and a mature discussion unlike the standard responses of "Stop playing the game", "Uninstall it", "Quit bitching and start playing". That is what this section is for!
You suck.
MattCicioni
+1|6827|Arizona
I just think the knife is too strong... it needs to be weaker..... I mean people keep stabbing me and shit...

*sarcasim*

Flasheart88
+0|6758|Brisbane
The DAO-12 is NOT the new noobtube, IMHO. It merely addresses the fact that the Anti-tank trooper has the worst main weapon in the game by giving them the second best close range weapon. That's why it's a popular unlock - it addresses the biggest imbalance.

And with the fact that increasing numbers of people believe that the best way to pwnzor is to drive around in a large metal armoured vehicle, anti-tank is bound to be a pretty popular choice amongst certain players who see this as the best way to counter that trend.

I maintain the jackhammer is more effective, anyway.

Oh, and further, with the DAO-12's  extra long reload time and the fact that you still need to be on target to get a kill rather than a wounding, I think it actually is bad for the stereotypical noob because he just wants a point-fire-kill scenario, rather than an aim-fire-kill one.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6761

Lawk wrote:

unforgiven5150 wrote:

You know what I think are the worst people here? People who surf and post in the COMPLAINT section and complain about complaining! That is what this section is for you idiots. If you don't want to read about complaints, why are you here? My god, how stupid ARE you?

I was just trying to start a discussion about the feelings of this weapon, gimme a break. Only really have an issue with it lately as I have been TK'd more with it than I have been killed by an enemy with one.

As I said, personally I like the M16/203. Use it frequently. Nothing better for taking out a group of people at once.

Lawk wrote:

Yes this thread is pointless and moronic.

Just wanted to add thanks to Jodah3, atlvolunteer, GotMex?, MattCicioni, thinner44 who can actually have a differing opinion and a mature discussion unlike the standard responses of "Stop playing the game", "Uninstall it", "Quit bitching and start playing". That is what this section is for!
You suck.
I'm at a loss of words for your incredible insight to this thread. Seriously, if only I could be more like you.
RGB|Apocalypse
+1|6759
My 3rd unlock was the DAO and I love it. Playing AT without it is such a painful experience because what ever armour you are attacking, you are dead once they decided to un-mount and kill you, because the default SMG can hit squat...

I don't find the long reloading a pain, you guys DO know that you can cancel the reloading by pulling out your pistol right? Always keep your side arms loaded!

ed: spelling.

Last edited by RGB|Apocalypse (2005-11-17 19:21:10)

4lter_3go
+1|6744|Leighton Barracks, Germany

atlvolunteer wrote:

For one thing, you can't get a 1-shot kill out of it.
Ive been killed by a DAO from like 30ft away 1 shot took me down(was at full health), that was a big WTF for me. and ppl seem to kill me in one shot even tho i sprayed them ;like 15 times with an AK(including some headshots). that gun just pisses me off, ppl play AT when no tanks are around, only to use that gun or the SRAW/ERYX(now those are the new NTubes{1 shot 1 kill})

Last edited by 4lter_3go (2005-11-18 06:52:21)

Joeskeppi
+0|6771
If I see an anti tank nowadays I tend to back off as far as possible rather than running in close and firing, as you have no chance up close.

A good balance I think, similarly if you're playing anti tank and get caught out in the open you have no chance as you have no range.
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6806
I think they should take the game out of the game. Maybe then we're all happy!
Metaltop
+1|6761|The Netherlands
Too make a long story short unforgiven5150, lots of people don't agree with you.
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6764|Trondheim, Norway
this post is fucking retarded!
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6839|Missoula, MT
Are bullets the new noob tube?  LOL! 
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6769|Atlanta, GA USA

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Are bullets the new noob tube?  LOL! 
Only AK47 bullets!
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6839|Missoula, MT
"AK47's for everyone!"  ~ C&C Generals - GLA mob

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6734|Salt Lake City

I don't find the DAO a noob weapon.  I'm amongst the crowd that believe this unlock address an inadequacy with the AT standard weapons loadout.  Like any shotty it's balance comes in massive close range damage potential with absolutely no long range benefits.  Each kit has its strengths and weaknesses, you just have to play the game and base your tactics/attacks based on the kit you have selected.
Lawk
+2|6772

GotMex? wrote:

Lawk wrote:

unforgiven5150 wrote:

You suck.
I'm at a loss of words for your incredible insight to this thread. Seriously, if only I could be more like you.
You are absolutely correct.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6784

CMDR_Dave wrote:

"AK47's for everyone!"  ~ C&C Generals - GLA mob

Now that would be good as a commander asset
pUBL1c_eN3Ma_No._1
+0|6766|San Diego, CA
Now say, let me axe you a question. They lying, and you KNOW they lying..., can you shoot 'em?
pUBL1c_eN3Ma_No._1
+0|6766|San Diego, CA
w00ps - no idea what made me say that.
Turtle
+7|6755|Boulder, CO

RGB|Apocalypse wrote:

I don't find the long reloading a pain, you guys DO know that you can cancel the reloading by pulling out your pistol right? Always keep your side arms loaded!

ed: spelling.
I always get confused when I do this because if I'm reloading and then switch to the pistol then back, it continues to show the reload action even tho it's not reloading and you can fire. Is this the same for everyone?

Also.. the DAO isn't that incredible, even in close range a little strafing and decent aim will do the trick. It's always nice to take one out in CQC with a pump action. While they're firing away trying to widdle down your health, line up on good torso shot and BAM. Pump > DAO.
CBRad929
+1|6782
DAO is only good in CQC.  Its not good medium to long distances.  So its really not the "new" noob tube.

You can stop the reloading animation by switching weapons and back to DAO.  The animation is stuck midreload but you have as many shells now as when you stopped the reload proccess.  This makes sense because you are reloading per shell and not a magazine, altough the animation is screwed up IMHO.

My tactics regarding DAO is to get into CQC with hostiles.  I wont try and take them on at medium to long distances (pistol or AT).  If there are friendlies that are in the middle of a firefight, I will try and not shoot till either a)  Hostile is clear of the friendly or b) friendly is dead.

My best CQC is when I sprayed 4 hostiles close together and killed 3.  Finished the last one off with pistol.
RGB|Apocalypse
+1|6759
Think there is already alot of talk about the animation not in sync with whats actually going on at game level. The point I wanted to make was that the long reloading time is not a big deal because if you contact an enemy while reloading, just pull out the trusty pistol.

Takes pretty good skills to pull that off especially in a fire-fight, so my take is its definitely not a noob weapon.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard