MSHempel
+0|6716
I seem to have a problem wenever I try to use vent while running BF2. No one can hear me.

The problem appears to start upon me actually joining a server, and when I exit BF2, everyone can hear me again. It seems like there should be a very easy fix for this that I'm just overlooking.

Thanks for any help.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6781|England
are you using the same 'push to talk key' for vent and voip?
MSHempel
+0|6716
double checked to see if i had changed the voip button, but it's 'B' which I think is default
and i use 'mouse button 4' for vent
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6742
Ive never heard of this problem, and i used to use ventrilo.
Check your sound settings to make sure whatever input device you use is set as the default. control panel-sound and audio devices- audio tab
You might also check your settings in ventrilo, make sure the audio input device is the same as whatever you have listed in the control panel audio section.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6781|England
long shot, but sometimes if I plugged my headphones in the front of my case during a game my asus EZ thingy selected SPDIF instead of Mic and all people could hear when I spoke was distortion
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6807|Cambridge (UK)

MSHempel wrote:

double checked to see if i had changed the voip button, but it's 'B' which I think is default
and i use 'mouse button 4' for vent
Try a letter-key mapping instead of 'mouse button 4' for Vent - I use C (when d'u ever change camera in bf2?) - could be BF2 is blocking 'mouse button 4'?
dudebrah
+1|6582|San Diego
I am also having the same problem MSHempel, everything worked fine for about a week and then all of a sudden this happens. I've tried defragging and even went so far as to reinstall my sound card drivers. All my settings on vent are correct, its really odd that this problem just springs up on me all of a sudden after playing fine before.
uk-anubis-uk
+21|6563
Get Teamspeak!!!
dudebrah
+1|6582|San Diego
Why should I get TS, so i can talk to myself instead of my friends? Yea sounds like great advice.

PS the bf2s forums dont count the number of posts you make so theres no need for you to be going around yelling retarded comments
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6568|Belgium

MShempel, Probably BF2 mutes your microphone, so when you're in the game (not while loading cause then it might get some trouble) alt tab out, go to your sound/volume options and look if your mic isn't muted, if so, unmute it and try again to talk. Good luck!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard