imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6780|Human Meat Shield
I use the Shotty at the first flag exclusively, not only does it give myself competition because I have to get close to those buggers and if I do get close its one shot. To use the shottie you have to have skill. YOu have to get close because the reload is crappy, unless you use the DAO or Jack, but I like the M11-87 for Karkand, and in that you have to do what you can to get close enough, some might call it bunny-hopping or whatever, but to get close, otherwise the shotty is a major disadvantage, for those that use the shotty out of a tank are my heros.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6840
The us and china shotties absolutely rock. Songhua, karkand and Daqing are all ruled by the mighty pump actions.
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6533
On a karkand server yesterday this one guy on the other team was OWNING with the USMC shotgun. Our whole squad refered to him as "Shotgun man" because hed kill EVERYONE with that thing and only could be killed at long range.

Last edited by N)!(NDarkDragon (2006-07-07 18:06:52)

MrE`158
+103|6634

Kontrolfreq wrote:

Think i might get the Jackhammer next
If you've gotten good with the pump-shotguns, you'll quickly realise that the Jackhammer is worthless.  It's weak and horribly inaccurate, even for a shottie.  It DOES NOT kill in one hit like a real shotgun does.  On the other hand, it gets you ones step closer to the MP7, which gives your engineer a new-style of weapon, and another one that's great fun for the really tight combat on Karkand or Warlord.  Gotta love that 900rpm.
The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6617|Lancashire, UK

MrE`158 wrote:

Kontrolfreq wrote:

Think i might get the Jackhammer next
you'll quickly realise that the Jackhammer is worthless.
Nah,  Jackhammer FTW!   It's main advantage is also its disadvantage, you can shoot off all seven shots in a little over one second!   ...Shred your enemies before they can blink! 
Ben>You
+90|6537
I made an account soley for raping with a shotty.

Shotty.To.Your.Face
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6534|the Netherlands
too bad engi tool doesnt kill Tjasso [wrench] Noob
Jakethe8lf
+13|6652|Victoria, Australia
S12K > Other Shotguns
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6604|Lexington, Kentucky

Tjasso wrote:

Ever look in the Localization files? There is a kill category for [wrench]. Sadly, I think DICE disabled it as a weapon. I mean... what are you going to do, tighten someone's gonads?
Knifey McStabstab
Don't lock my topic!
+32|6520|Indiana

Anfidurl wrote:

what are you going to do, tighten someone's gonads?
Fucking OUCH!
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6635|Birmingham, UK

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

On a karkand server yesterday this one guy on the other team was OWNING with the USMC shotgun. Our whole squad refered to him as "Shotgun man" because hed kill EVERYONE with that thing and only could be killed at long range.
He probably had been playing Halo (for the PC) with the shotgun. Now that is a deadly pump-action, and if you know how to use that and can get into the groove, the transfer from Halo to BF2 isn't that hard. People like that are insane.
Ryker
+13|6515
I rekon its one of the, if not the best looking guns, and for some reason I love the fact its a pump actions.
']['error
Banned
+630|6655|The Netherlands

TheDarkRaven wrote:

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

He probably had been playing Halo (for the PC) with the shotgun. Now that is a deadly pump-action, and if you know how to use that and can get into the groove, the transfer from Halo to BF2 isn't that hard. People like that are insane.
HALO..remembers me the good times: bunnyhopping like insane, use pistol as an sniper, and the shotgun for the win at blood gulch
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6596|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
Im goin for expert engie and i like the pump shotties for close range, but they have barely any spread.  You have to get a direct hit with the middle of the reticle for a hit.  Whats the point of the circle anyway?  If u hit within the circle just outside of the middle reticle you do like 5 dmg each.  Against sum1 with an automatic weapon, forget it.  Ive been using the jackhammer alot, its pretty good if you go semi auto with it since you dont waste all your ammo on one guy and be defenseless against multiple enemies.
|-LoNgHiLL-|
Member Member
+7|6572|Classified
Oldest weapon in game the M11-87? No...

AK47 - Late 40s
G3A3 - Mid 60s
SVD - Early 60s
PKM - Late 60s
M9 Bayonet AKA "Knife" - Early 80s
M11 - Late 80s
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6534|the Netherlands

Anfidurl wrote:

Tjasso wrote:

Ever look in the Localization files? There is a kill category for [wrench]. Sadly, I think DICE disabled it as a weapon. I mean... what are you going to do, tighten someone's gonads?
Throw it to unexpected enemy or hit ém with it .
-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6569

horny_trojan wrote:

recently, ive noticed that the pump shottie has emerged as a significant weapon among skilled players in karkand and other infantry based maps because i've been one of those using it.  i think it is cool because it comes about as these players are using it as a primary weapon and not as merely a way to lay mines.  I believe that pump shotties would only increase in popularity if there were more infantry oriented maps, such as karkand.
In infantry only scrims and matches I have been seeing alot more people using it. Its a beast up close especially if they know how to bunny hop.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6689|Middle of nowhere
i can't use the Pump-Action shotties worth shit...

Jackhammer FTW!!!  (DOA is ok too... )
masculata
+24|6688|45° 30',North by 73° 35',West
Thanks horny_trojan! After reading your post I decided to try the shotgun on karkand, and I cleaned up!! Most fun I've had playing BF2 in months... +1
bigp66
+63|6559|memphfrica-memphis,TN
i have ALWAYS used teh pump shottie.......it is the best shotgun in game.i shot 1 kill 90% of time.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6542
Quite honestly I would use the shotgun a lot more if the quarters were a lot closer. I use it sometimes inside Iron Gator if I dont feel like going with the g3 or doa-12.
007Bolox
+4|6525|Perth, Aus
had a shot as using the EF shotty (i think it was anyways)...

now that thing kicks ass, all the power of the normal pumps, but at semi auto speed.

damn thatd would own in Karkand
ValentijnR
+18|6565

Tjasso wrote:

Anfidurl wrote:

Tjasso wrote:

Throw it to unexpected enemy or hit ém with it .
or use it as a bat to hit back grenades! and when you kill somebody with his own grenade... home run around him instead of teabagging..

would give a whole new perspective to grenade spamming on karkand!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard