horny_trojan
+39|6712|Los FUCKING Angeles
Do the grenades themselves actually do damage if they hit a person?  It stands to reason that a three pound steel orb would smart if it hit you.  If you got zapped once by a sniper for 95% damage, could you be killed by a grenade/flashbang/smoke gren that just impacted your body?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

yes, I have been hit in the face and killed by a 'nade.  It was painful.  Not in the game, in real life.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6671|The Netherlands
yes, especially if you hit the head
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6643|can
Yes, it happened to me a couple of days ago.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6636|South Jersey

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

yes, I have been hit in the face and killed by a 'nade.  It was painful.  Not in the game, in real life.
eh, was the safety pin pulled?
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6729|Germany

Yes, the granade can hurt you.
During a warm-up on the BF2s server I was hit by a granade and died before it exploded. There was only one other player on the server (k30?) and he saw that i was dead before the explosion, so we tried it again. A granade took about 1/4 of my health before it exploded far away.

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2006-07-10 13:39:42)

Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6663|Groningen, The Netherlands

horny_trojan wrote:

Do the grenades themselves actually do damage if they hit a person?  It stands to reason that a three pound steel orb would smart if it hit you.  If you got zapped once by a sniper for 95% damage, could you be killed by a grenade/flashbang/smoke gren that just impacted your body?
I guess its just like bumping into your teammates.....that hurts you too
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6684|Stillwater, Ok
Yeah i got whacked in the head with one awhile back in Special forces. I looked over the edge of a roof to get smacked in the face by an unexploded nade....the funny part is it fell back down and killed the guy who tossed it. Still took out about 50% of my life tho.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
thats how you get smoke grenade kills.
-MIKI3.
+70|6644|The Netherlands
yes, I actually throwed somebody a headshot last week
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord

FFLink13 wrote:

Yeah, this is the proof.

I've done it twice I think, the guy definitely died before the explosion in both cases.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
I have killed full health enemies (and an ally by mistake ) by hitting them with a grenade/smoke nade before, so yes its possible.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

I saw a video of someone getting hit with a smoke grenade and that person died so I assume a hand grenade is possible.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6777|Kansas, USA

Todd_Angelo wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

Yeah, this is the proof.

I've done it twice I think, the guy definitely died before the explosion in both cases.

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I have killed full health enemies (and an ally by mistake ) by hitting them with a grenade/smoke nade before, so yes its possible.
Then I guess Smoke grenade kills aren't tracked, because neither of your stats show any kills for smoke/teargas grenades.
Defiance
+438|6672

Psycho wrote:

Todd_Angelo wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

Yeah, this is the proof.

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Then I guess Smoke grenade kills aren't tracked, because neither of your stats show any kills for smoke/teargas grenades.
Hmm, I wonder if you can shoot someone with a teargas canister...

Anyways, I'll try and test this later. Go on a ranked server, kill my friend with a grenade (technically stat padding, but wtf? it's an experiment) and see if the kill count changes, and with what weapon it changed.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
did it done it twice, first i thought was animation bug and nade didnt explode... so i walked to enemies body... BOOM! i died... it was funny lool
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6532
Just like you can kill someone with a smoke grenade with a hit in the head if he doesnt have to much health you can kill someone with a nomal nade.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Full health?! I didn't know that, I presumed the guy had to be practically dead already.

Psycho wrote:

Todd_Angelo wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

Yeah, this is the proof.

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough: both mine were normal grenades.
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6545|Boise, Idaho
happens to me all the time but I only manage to do it once
Canadianinvasion
.:The D€S€RŦ ]V[ǾŲ∩Ŧ€€:.
+6|6645|Behind you with my knife
2 answers to this question:

1) Yes you can be killed by nade impacts.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/C … kekill.jpg

2) Please search before posting this topic. I dont mean to flame, but it is annoying.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard