LTD_SpikE
+0|6735
I had to call my isp to day to find out if they were having a outage today to get the responce...  "We are in the middle of upgrading our services, I see you have our premier package which will be increased to 15mbit download and 2mbit upload speed from your current 5mbit and 768.

https://www.ltdsquad.com/premier.jpg

Hopefully ever cable company will go to these kind of speeds so we can see where they go next to compete.

SpikE
<eN>Madcat
+2|6810
where!!!! mine sucks dix
LTD_SpikE
+0|6735
Virginia..  They are working on the area now, and they expect my upgrade to be complete with in the next 7 days.  I have never had any problems with cox at all, have you had issues with them at all?

SpikE
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6766|Barrington, RI
Lucky you.  It took 2 years of begging and complaining before my father who teaches data communications would even think about upgrading to basic cable interenet, and when we finally did get it, he had to choose the shitty little local ISP even though Cox was available, the reasoning: Cox is a bully of a company coming in and stealing customers from the local ISP.
Home
Section.80
+447|6817|Seattle, Washington, USA

Over here in Warshington, we have Comcast. They rock. They're really fast.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

Now they need these speeds readily and cheaply available on dsl lines.
Adelphi
+8|6711|Long Island, NY
That's a nice upgrade for you Cox 'net users.  Yay for you!

I heard Comcast was pretty good from a friend who lived in North Carolina.  Though we have Optimum Online cable 'net from Cablevision out here on Long Island.  Works like a charm with all the different MMORPG's I play and now BF2.  Not to mention my cable/'net fees are all in one bill.

I'm not sure how accurate these tests are, but I'd be curious to know your connection speeds. 

http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

Last edited by Adelphi (2005-11-19 01:00:08)

tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

Adelphi wrote:

I'm not sure how accurate these tests are, but I'd be curious to know your connection speeds. 

http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/
Heh, that test site was pretty sad, was giving me like 2.5mbps

Try www.broadbandreports.com just go to the tools section and there is a speed test. Also, it isn't limited to three tests per month (as far as I know...) like that bandwidthplace.com one is.

My speed from boradbandreports, speeeeeed!
Adelphi
+8|6711|Long Island, NY
The New Jersey server test page just said "Sorry" when I clicked on it.  But the Seattle one worked, 4967kbps download / 902kbps upload.
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6810|Scotland!
Over in my area of scotland, we get 1 meg TOPS...

I'm still on 256.. i think.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6734|Toronto Canada
i dont understand those 1337 specs at all
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6766|Barrington, RI

Adelphi wrote:

The New Jersey server test page just said "Sorry" when I clicked on it.  But the Seattle one worked, 4967kbps download / 902kbps upload.
same exact thing happened to me.  I had around a 3006 up/ 406 down.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard