G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6642|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I was just browsing my stats and the stats of people around me in the standings, as well as those in the top 10, and I noticed that some of them don't have purple hearts yet.

Personally, I have received 2.

Understandably, to go 5:20 in one round does mean that 20 times you and an opponent were in range of each other, he was quicker than you...this is a bad thing.

However, a purple heart does not in any way say that a player is bad, or even if he did poorly that round.

Consider this:  my first purple heart was because I had a vicious teamkiller on our team whom the opposing team never voted against because he helped them.

My second purple heart came while I was a medic.  My KDR was (obviously) weak, but I was healing/reviving like a fiend.  If a player takes his role as team player seriously, he can get a purple heart without being a detriment to his team.

I think that any player who does not have the purple heart and has more than 200 hours is a good player in combat.

However, if you look at someone like me, with 2, and consider my Global Stats you could not in good conscience say that a purple heart reflects poorly on a player.  I sacrificed myself for the good of my team.

reaction?
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6546|Boston, MA
I still fail to see why it's not a bad thing to get a purple heart. In the first situation, why would you stay on the server in the first place? If there's a player who all he's doing all round is tking, I'll leave right away, I don't let him have the fun of tking me and I'm not just going to waste my time letting him tk me. In the second situation, I play medic all the time, I never received the purple heart. I'm as much of a team player as you're going to meet, and I still never got one, I always end with a positive ratio. The thing is you just have to be smart and not die...
Boots
+17|6556|PA
I got one while going for my basic avaitor badge...
Cactusfist
Pusher of sausages Down Hallways
+26|6584
Its a pretty medal. I like it. Playing this game with skill is for fools
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6808|Jupiter
Awww dat dirty mod deleted my post... i feel like that nauty girl from that movie i saw once....

back on topic, the purple heart usually means you that you got thirsty/hungry/had to take a poop, got up from your chair thinking you were safe, and when you get back to your chair all relieved of your buisness you realize you just got a purple heart.
ericcrook87
+1|6578
i beat ur only saying that because u have 1 lol
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6558|Doncaster UK
purple hearts are dirty so all you people that have one are dirty people.

'oh wait one thinks he has a purple heart too' DAMM I AM A DIRTY PERSON.
ericcrook87
+1|6578
nice words man (mavrick)
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6549|Doncaster - UK
i thought you only got PHart at the end of the round, and never got it with a drum roll in game, yet i did.  So even though i ended the game with a decent (ish) ratio, a bad run at the beginning got me a P-Hart.

Was this patched, or was it always got in a round?

I am an average to poor player though, so perhaps it is well deserved

Last edited by Use0fWeapons (2006-07-10 05:37:43)

frankhamand
=MIA=
+17|6591
you say that you sacraficed yourself for the good of the team, but your stats show you have a 0.99 win/loss ratio, which implies on average you bring the team down...

purple hearts is definitely not a good thing, if i'm trying something new like going for a badge or something, if i even get to 3-10 or something i'll give up and try and redeem myself the rest of the game

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard