Icleos
+101|6742
I put artillery on the hill and some how I killed my comrade with that!?  0_o
Is a "2A42 30MM GUN" a mounted machine gun...?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/ … een161.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/FallenAngelicLeo/screen161.jpg

Last edited by Icleos (2006-07-09 22:27:05)

Loz
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
+56|6677|Umm... Home?
That is most likely what the Arty gun is, the server people can change the display thing up there.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.
Modded localization files. I searched localization files and got nothing. I'll post my smoke nade kill in a second...I wish that server had battlerecorder....
Icleos
+101|6742
I got countless kills on our server with artillery and it always says:
Player [ARTILLERY] Player

Our server isn't set to show it like that...
It only happened that once in the entire round too.  =\

EDIT:  Hmmm... I'm thinking maybe he was next to my artillery when it got destroyed and counted that as a kill?

Last edited by Icleos (2006-07-09 22:33:30)

gene_pool
Banned
https://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3818/screen3346sq.jpg
Defiance
+438|6671

The server doesn't set it, the player sets it.

And for those unwilling to do the research, the 2A42 30mm Autocannon is the main gun of the BTR-90.

The BTR-90 is the MEC APC.

The "2A42 30mm Autocannon" is also the name of the weapon in the BF2 "Realism Mod."

Last edited by Defiance (2006-07-09 22:37:41)

Icleos
+101|6742

Defiance wrote:

I didn't set it to show that either...
Defiance
+438|6671

Icleos wrote:

Defiance wrote:

I didn't set it to show that either...
I can tell from the other text, and if you had changed it would you be posting about how wierd it is on the forums?

Unless this is all a joke.

Refer to my edit.

Last edited by Defiance (2006-07-09 22:38:43)

-r3-anubis
+73|6537|florida
Ive seen that happen before, its a glitch apparently EA didn't fix.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6561|Australia, NSW
ive had
[NB] Drax_the_God [CO-AXIAL MG] Enemy
before, and it was on a normal server (Internode), which has no names edited or anything. i got this when a att. chopper rammed my parachute, i got 2 kills. but this is the MG from a tank.... wtf
eagles1106
+269|6583|Marlton, New Jersey.

gene_pool wrote:

Modded localization files. I searched localization files and got nothing. I'll post my smoke nade kill in a second...I wish that server had battlerecorder....
no, smoke grenade kills arent out of the ordinary.  Its not a glitch, if i guy is on low health and you hit him with a smoke grenade (especially in the face) you will kill him.  Ive tked like this before not knowing and have ended up getting kicked
Defiance
+438|6671

eagles1106 wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

no, smoke grenade kills arent out of the ordinary.  Its not a glitch, if i guy is on low health and you hit him with a smoke grenade (especially in the face) you will kill him.  Ive tked like this before not knowing and have ended up getting kicked
Yup.

I also searched mine (I've got all XPs, so youd think it would work?) but to no avail.
Poet
Meatbag.
+65|6567|Where I don't know where I am.
The weapon ID for the kill is apparently due to the structure of priorities when you kill someone.

If you kill someone with a Tank it will come up as Guy [T-90] OtherGuy.
But if you fire, hop out and get into, say a Vodnik, it'll appear as Guy [Vodnik] Otherguy.

This thing appears from time to time, and it's when someone has fired and immediately hopped out, the vehicle name isn't used for the kill, so it reverts down the heirarchy to use the actual weapon.

Having said that, if people can't find it in the standard localisation files, then it's likely it's a custom thing...
gene_pool
Banned

eagles1106 wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

I didn't say it was a glitch.....I just thought it was funny....
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6667|Sydney, Australia
The arty peices are 150mm for the us and 155 for the russian/mec.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6662|Groningen, The Netherlands
Sometimes I kill people by throwing a grenade at them, they are killed before the grenade explodes :S
The only thing i can say is that my soldier can throw really hard
DSRTurtle
+56|6686
I got one from an Arty strike that said I had killed someone with an SVD.

It was on Karkand and I was the US Commander playing the Spec Ops Kit.
-MIKI3.
+70|6643|The Netherlands

-r3-anubis wrote:

Ive seen that happen before, its a glitch apparently EA didn't fix.
yes I've also seen it before

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard