Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6766|Dallas
Welcome back friends.  Today we are going to be talking about BF2 and Realism.  Most players will admit that they like BF2 for the sense of realism it has in certain aspects and even more players would say they would like even more realism to be added to the game.  Realism has played an important part in the BF2 game, from development, to release and even through changes made in patches.  Some changes were good and some changes were bad, but the overall argument heard around most parts of the BF2 community is how players would like to see more realism added. 

This quick manual will help guide you through the many realistic procedures you will need to follow while playing.  It will also inform you of actions and punishments that can be handed down by failure to follow the rules in the manual.  We will call the manual from now on, the UCMJ.

The Uniform Code of Military Justice of BF2

1.1 Procurement of Military Land Transport Vehicles
Any soldier that must use a MLTV must first follow all pre-deployment procedures to ensure safety and proper service of said vehicle.  Soldier will walk around the vehicle twice to inspect for damage or tampering before entering the vehicle and to ensure there are no fluid leaks of any kind to be seen.  Once inside the vehicle, the soldier will ensure that all lights (headlights, blinkers, hazards, dash, and dome) are in proper working order.  The soldier will ensure that all gages are in proper working order before starting the engine (gas, oil, temp, speed/other)  Soldier will then start engine and allow a 5 minute warm up period for the engine.  After the 5 minute warm up period has expired the soldier will check all fluids in the vehicle to ensure that they are at proper operating levels (this includes, gas, oil, transmission, wiper, steering and blinker fluids).  After all things have been properly inspected the soldier will sign off on the AF-Form 2231 in the glove box, sign the bottom and then have a supervisor sign in the approving signature block before departing.  The soldier may then depart.  While in route the soldier may not travel above 35 mph in any situation other than attack.  The soldier will use all proper signaling and make complete stops at ALL intersections.  Any damage done to the vehicle must be reported immediately to the base safety inspector, soldiers supervisor and the commanding officer of the squadron the vehicle is a assigned to. 

Punitive disciplinary actions taken can range from loss of pay and rank to 45 days extra duty with forfeit of pay but not exceeding 45 days jail time with bread and water.  All other questions to be decided by the members of a general or special court-martial shall be determined by a majority vote, but a determination to reconsider a finding of guilty or to reconsider a sentence, with a view toward decreasing it, may be made by any lesser vote which indicates that the reconsideration is not opposed by the number of votes required for that finding or sentence. A tie vote on a challenge disqualifies the member challenged. A tie vote on a motion for a finding of not guilty or on a motion relating to the question of the accused sanity. is a determination against the accused. A tie vote on any other question is a determination in favor of the accused.  The omission of the words "hard labor" from any sentence of a court- martial adjudging confinement does not deprive the authority executing that sentence of the power to require hard labor as a part of the punishment.  If the defendant is found guilty, stats will be wiped.

Gist of story:  Realism=Bad

I would of wrote more but I think the section over Humvee's is enough to get the point across.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6512|Gold Coast
Pronejumping isnt real....or is it?
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6712
well its a fucking game, and its as real as krustry the clown.

This game isnt supposed to be real-life, its a fucking game and to all the whiner pussys out there that think that prone spamming is a fucking exploit suck a fat one.

This is a game, we dont relism or bf2 police either.
DaVeWaVe
Sponsored by Ready Brek... The Nation's Favourite
+7|6663|Farmland, England
Well, they won't have much to whine about til the next patch, since prone spamming is pretty much redundant in the latest beta. With the exception of CTD issues, the new patch should balance the game out. This should be how bf2 should be played (no dolphin diving/prone spamming) and hopefully less whining throughout. But, they always find SOMETHING to whine about.. :p
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6620|Manitowoc, WI
although you do make a point, there are some things that can be added that are a little less drastic than that.  like when you get shot, you flinch you dont just shoot with 100% accuracy as if you never were shot
Brasso
+1,549|6631

hey JaM3z I like your sig.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6684|Stillwater, Ok
Then they should also increase the accuracy of the .50 cal and increase its power to one shot, one kill.  Im sorry but getting hit from that thing will tear you apart.... trust me ive seen what a .50 cal can do to a human body.  Its not purtty. Although lol cougar i started cracking my ass up as soon as you put the UCMJ in.  While were at it lets throw in Article 15 where if you dont do what the commander says he gets to punish you by any means he sees fit.
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6723|Indianapolis, IN
That was great, Cougar.  That was a good quality post, which this site needs. 

It was very funny, but at the same time applied to the game and the whiners very well.
Fujin
+18|6547
aaaahhh...the UCMJ...*shudder*

Thought I'd never have to utter those words again...

"Gist of story:  Realism=Bad"

You got that right...realism in a game is rubbish.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6620|Manitowoc, WI

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Then they should also increase the accuracy of the .50 cal and increase its power to one shot, one kill.  Im sorry but getting hit from that thing will tear you apart.... trust me ive seen what a .50 cal can do to a human body.  Its not purtty. Although lol cougar i started cracking my ass up as soon as you put the UCMJ in.  While were at it lets throw in Article 15 where if you dont do what the commander says he gets to punish you by any means he sees fit.
no there should never ever be a one hit kill rifle in bf2.  that would be the ABSOLUTE WORST thing Dice could do.  98% of the people (instead of the 90% now) would play as a sniper and use only the m95.  go around and cap flags and when you meet up with somone, instead of having to use (some) skill to kill you just zoom and boom kill.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
another great post

realism is teh bad in bf2... ppl will bitch about weapons jamming, i wonder if ur in a jet and a bird gets sucked into ur engine and u die
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6586|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
Hmmmm Id like to see what the manual for proper operation of a jet would be, lol.
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6684|Stillwater, Ok

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

another great post

realism is teh bad in bf2... ppl will bitch about weapons jamming, i wonder if ur in a jet and a bird gets sucked into ur engine and u die
LOL  start putting the engineers and DOA to use and go bird hunting to clear the runways
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

another great post

LOL  start putting the engineers and DOA to use and go bird hunting to clear the runways
but we dont want them to have an accuracy of dick cheney
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Zilla
Killa of threads
+122|6643|7th level of hell

hahahah blinker fluid.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada
Cougars Post are Always funny.. or just plain out get to the point..
twiistaaa
+87|6670|mexico
i dont think that counts in the middle of a warzone, when the enemy is no more then 100 meters away and you need the vechile to get out of arty fire or from a bomb being dropped on your head.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6527|Singapore
teh funnies
https://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8194/sovietkorea9hb.jpg

btw i dont think that BF2 is realistic...it takes 2 or more headshots to kill when not using the sniper rifle?
the Barret M95 DOES NOT rip open soldier's belly when being shot at?
grenades from grenade launchers actually BOUNCES???
2ndLt.Tucker
+33|6684|Stillwater, Ok

jkohlc wrote:

teh funnies
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8194 … rea9hb.jpg

btw i dont think that BF2 is realistic...it takes 2 or more headshots to kill when not using the sniper rifle?
The last one on grenades is actually realistic in a sense.  They have a minimum arming time that they have to be in the air before they can impact and explode.  This is done so some moron wont blow himself and other squad members up on accident. And they can bounce if they hit before this minimum time/distance is achieved.  Although i wouldnt be willing to test it.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord
Nobody really wants more realism in this game, just a few moments to carefully consider possible ramifications will make anyone realise it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

teh funnies
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8194 … rea9hb.jpg

The last one on grenades is actually realistic in a sense.  They have a minimum arming time that they have to be in the air before they can impact and explode.  This is done so some moron wont blow himself and other squad members up on accident. And they can bounce if they hit before this minimum time/distance is achieved.  Although i wouldnt be willing to test it.
damn straight. nade launchers hit the wall and bounce a bit and wont explode...
explosivo
Banned
+262|6644
when i was back in nam we used to throw a packet of plasters to our criticly wounded soldiers.

they would just pick it up and instintaniously be %100 healty again.

bf2 is just like real life.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6595|Iceland
lol Cougar wants to take 30 mins of his time in BF2 to check a fucking transport? and then when he gets in it a tank will kill him. ^_^ fuck that ill drive it with broken headlights
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6712

haffeysucks wrote:

hey JaM3z I like your sig.
Thanks man
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6647
I want realism, and i want to do alll of that before anyone gets in any vehicle.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard