The Cereal Killer
+201|6656| United States of America
im part of t3h 88,357 1st Seargents out there
but im #1 kuz i pwnze j00!
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6624|Quebec city, Canada
id want to know because to me its seems so long

just make it short, I dont need every details.

explain in a few lines
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6676|Middle of nowhere

-=raska=- wrote:

id want to know because to me its seems so long

just make it short, I dont need every details.

explain in a few lines
Well that'll be hard, but here goes:

You start on the last page which has 2 guys with 102 and 105 points right?  Now i know that the next "Rank up" is at 150 points.  I know that there are 50 players per page, so i write down "2" because that's how many is on the last page.  Then, i write down the next to last page number (7,766) and then find the page where the first Corporals show up, which is actually the next page.  So then, i add up all the players from 102-149 and then count how many players are left on page 7,766.  I then write that number down, along with the page #7,765 and find where the page is that has the first 500 point player (Lance Corporal), which is page 7,708.  I then subtract 7,709 from 7,765 and get the number 56(i take the page before that, because 7,708 doesn't have a full page of PFC's).  I take 56*50 because i know there are 50 players per page, and get 2,800.  I then add up the stragglers from 7,766 and 7,708 to get 2,888.

i did that for all ranks... and it took me 2 1/2 hrs

but hey, it was worth it i think
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
ok but that must have taken forever to find the first sgtmaj... (master/first sergeants to sgtmaj's, 30 000 pts so a lot of pages!)

I understood at first how you did it.. but i was wondering if you had found a way to do it faster.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

-=raska=- wrote:

ok but that must have taken forever to find the first sgtmaj... (master/first sergeants to sgtmaj's, 30 000 pts so a lot of pages!)

I understood at first how you did it.. but i was wondering if you had found a way to do it faster.
well, i didn't check each page

i just guess to see how far each rank went, and narrowed it down from there.

Like, i went from say, page 5,000 to 4,000 and looked to see if i still needed to go down, or if i went to far

but other than that, no, i didn't find a way to go faster *tear*

oh, and thanks for all the Karma guys
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
i know you didnt look at every pages, but still you clicked on page 7733, 7729, 7225, 7221, etc... and thats still long!
Boots
+17|6538|PA
Cool.  I didnt expect that many silver leafs.

Its funny how many gunnies there are... most people get stuck there or just stop playing I guess
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6787|Singapore

Mmmm.

Tell us how you did it.

{Edit} Wait. You did {Edit}

Last edited by polarbearz (2006-07-08 15:47:53)

l41e
+677|6646

"Gunnery Sergeant: 118,138"

I am...one of the many.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

The gunnery sgt total surprised me - I thought that 1st Sgt was the most common rank (making me a commoner!). Oh well, nice results. Esp the find on the Sgt.Mjr of the Corps. That guy should have his account deleted or a rank change so that other people can earn it.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6509|Gold Coast
I am one of many Gunnery Sgts, but i will be a Master Sgt soon if i dont get my damn knife badge!
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Cursed You
+64|6586|Idaho
Gunnery Sergeant: 118,138
Master Sergeant/First Sergeant: 88,357

lol @ that.  Would have figured those numbers would be switched around.

Im surprised theres so many Lt. Colonels and not Colonels.  Interesting find though, I dont really care about the accuracy of your findings, its apparently a rough estimate of the ratios between ranks.

boobs.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

-=raska=- wrote:

i know you didnt look at every pages, but still you clicked on page 7733, 7729, 7225, 7221, etc... and thats still long!
lol, yeah

got slightly boring, but then my curiousity kept me going.

as did the fact that i knew at least 1 other person would like that i did it
Digital Aura
Git R Dun
+18|6659|Ontario, Canada
tvmissleman... I love that Hitler sig....freakin hilarious!!  +1
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
I'll bet none of you can guess which rank was the easiest to figure out?
dilun
baa. RAM YOU!
+10|6512|Singapore

KuSTaV wrote:

I am one of many Gunnery Sgts, but i will be a Master Sgt soon if i dont get my damn knife badge!
join one of those pistol & knife servers and be spec ops/medic so u'll have a long sprint. zig zag towards players who're firing at u with pea shooters and get right in their face. they'll be trying to shoot u in the face but at close range the knife owns the pistol. takes about 3-4 shots to kill with pistol but just 2 well-aimed stabs with the knife. alternatively u can be support(more armor) but i dont recommend that cos support cant sprint long. during the game there're bound to be medic whores reviving anyone that goes down and when they do that simply knife the just-revived guy still prone on the ground. u'll get ur badge in no time, check out my stats, i got my expert 2 days after i got basic.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6787|Singapore

genius_man16 wrote:

Sgt Mjr of teh Corps.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog

dilun wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

join one of those pistol & knife servers and be spec ops/medic so u'll have a long sprint. zig zag towards players who're firing at u with pea shooters and get right in their face. they'll be trying to shoot u in the face but at close range the knife owns the pistol. takes about 3-4 shots to kill with pistol but just 2 well-aimed stabs with the knife. alternatively u can be support(more armor) but i dont recommend that cos support cant sprint long. during the game there're bound to be medic whores reviving anyone that goes down and when they do that simply knife the just-revived guy still prone on the ground. u'll get ur badge in no time, check out my stats, i got my expert 2 days after i got basic.
1 knife stab does the job but most of the time it wont kill the other guy because of lag so yeah..  you need 2
Shadow_OwNz
+88|6651
o rly
Dakota2x
+31|6515|Olathe, KS, USA
Dude... Here I thought I had too much time on my hands.

Nice job +1 for you!
maef
+67|6681|Tulln, Austria

dilun wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

Please refrain from instructing people on how to stat-pad in these forums!
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

polarbearz wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

Sgt Mjr of teh Corps.
lol, you win a prize!!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6787|Singapore

genius_man16 wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

Sgt Mjr of teh Corps.
lol, you win a prize!!

It was just that little bit obvious.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
Well, you were the first one to say anything
Wicked97
+5|6523

dilun wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

Are you really that fucking stupid?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard