Poll

Should EA/Dice add more Splash Damage to the Blackhawk Mini-guns?

1) Yes86%86% - 441
1) No13%13% - 68
Total: 509
LT.Victim
+1,175|6569|British Columbia, Canada
I personally think that they should Fix the Blackhawk Mini-gun so you can actually Kill someone with it... I'm not saying that they should put it back to the way it was before 1.2, i'm just saying.. add some more splash damage so that peoplem will actually use the guns, either then just firing randomly into the sky when ppl are in them...
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6736|Rochester, NY
Yes, a big must!
-MIKI3.
+70|6650|The Netherlands
yes

1) Yes 100% 100% - 11
1) No 0% 0% - 0

lol
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6552
It's hardly possible to hit anyone with the current Black Hawk. Splash damage would make it much easier to aim.
So yes, Black Hawk needs love!
5peedy
+27|6606|the Faroe Islands

-MIKI3. wrote:

yes

1) Yes 100% 100% - 11
1) No 0% 0% - 0

lol
now it's

1) Yes 100% 100% - 21
1) No 0% 0% - 0
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

just to be the first no

But seriously, no
LockerFish
+47|6712
I voted "no" too. You've got to use the properly with a good pilot who can rotate above the flag right and keep steady. I saw a squad do this on mashtuur and they were very good. It's fine.
ChibiAlpha
+0|6657
I wouldn't say completely unnerf it, but buff it up just a bit, whether its more accurate or just a bit more damage so it's actually useful for defense.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6681|Moscow, Russia
I voted yes, but the other two choppers' guns must be powered up as well, given higher rates of fire and splash damage. I do miss the old BH times, I got my first gold medal in it.
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6511|Alabama, United States
I've got to say, the blackhawk's miniguns are:
A) MINIGUNS.
B) MINI-FREAKING-GUNS

but when we actually get into bf2, we notice that said miniguns are nerfed to the point of being a really pretty stream of tracers that can't hit ANYTHING.

I think they should widen the cone of fire for them or SOMETHING, because I'd even take the MEC Cereal box's guns over the current Blackhawk's miniguns.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6764|Vienna, Austria

LockerFish wrote:

I voted "no" too. You've got to use the properly with a good pilot who can rotate above the flag right and keep steady. I saw a squad do this on mashtuur and they were very good. It's fine.
Dude you can't tell me that... I've killed the gunners of Black Hawks that were hovering next to me just because it's almost impossible to kill anything with the miniguns...

I say... UN-NERF and gimme back the original ones + heli flag cap whoring
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6764|Vienna, Austria

Wasder wrote:

I voted yes, but the other two choppers' guns must be powered up as well, given higher rates of fire and splash damage.
Sorry, but that wouldn't make sense as they have the same machine guns mounted on the other vehicles (T90, Vodnic, etc...)
~Solar~Fire~
+45|6654|Austin, TX
Give the MEC and PLA choppers miniguns too. I could support increasing the firepower of the minigun except for the fact that they completely outclass the other helos, leading to teamswitching.
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6658|Spokane, Washington

Vintageologist wrote:

Wasder wrote:

I voted yes, but the other two choppers' guns must be powered up as well, given higher rates of fire and splash damage.
Sorry, but that wouldn't make sense as they have the same machine guns mounted on the other vehicles (T90, Vodnic, etc...)
He is saying to make the choppers balanced. I think they should increase the splash damage on the Blackhawk and give the other 2 chopper exploding bullets like on the mec chopper. Now that would be balanced.

BTW: they arnt the same guns...

Last edited by Unclean009 (2006-07-09 14:25:30)

fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6574
Yes, but not as much as in 1.12. And they should improve the MEC/PLA Chopper Guns.

It's schizophrenic that a Vodnik can easily kill a Black Hawk, but not vice versa and the Blackhawk got a god damn M60.
BallisticallyYours
+23|6637|Chicago, IL
I enjoy piloting the black hawk and until they fix it or adjust the armaments, I generally transport myself.... no one wants to ride in a sitting duck? Just the pilots opinion thats all. Feel free to light a crack pipe on this flight, K?
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6653
explosive rounds on mini gun wooooooooooooooooo
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

Increase the power of the minigun to 1.03 standards. With all the other nerfs they gave it, it would be fine.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6764|Vienna, Austria

fierce wrote:

Yes, but not as much as in 1.12. And they should improve the MEC/PLA Chopper Guns.

It's schizophrenic that a Vodnik can easily kill a Black Hawk, but not vice versa and the Blackhawk got a god damn M60.
The Blackhawk in BF2 doesn't have an M60... that would be a normal machine gun weaker than what the vodnik has...
Drexor
+33|6620|Denmark
i want that cannon blasting the shit out of everything again.
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6552|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Definatly.. or at least some more splash damage..
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6627|London, England

fierce wrote:

It's schizophrenic that a Vodnik can easily kill a Black Hawk, but not vice versa.
Lies, this moron was trying to take out our BH with his .50 on his Vodnik and i simply put in a load of solid fire and yes, he lost. He tried to bail but the car explosion killed him. I was surprised too of how quickly his car was shredded. The miniguns may not have splash damage but they utterly rape the ground light vehicles. I just think that they need more HP. Same with the Hip.

Maybe the Hip should have more to compensate for its crappy guns/maneuverability.

I just think that BH with splash damage isn't really needed. It's fine as it is and it really isnt much of a problem, i think that maybe the guns are too accurate and maybe some innacuracy would make things easier. However the HP on the transport choppers is way too low.
lukeiamnotyourfather
Joe's Crematorium, You Kill'em, We Grill'em!
+37|6682
yes, because the Mi-28 gunner gun has splash damage.  Oh crap now they're gonna nerf that now
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6553|inside your nose.

LT.Victim wrote:

I personally think that they should Fix the Blackhawk Mini-gun so you can actually Kill someone with it... I'm not saying that they should put it back to the way it was before 1.2, i'm just saying.. add some more splash damage so that peoplem will actually use the guns, either then just firing randomly into the sky when ppl are in them...
lol don't ya hate that.. you are piloting and you want to be stealthy going to an enemy base.. but since the guns suck everyone in them just fires randomly giving your position away.. lol

I vote a big YES! Now by this I don't mean like make the thing unstoppable, just to the point where it actually serves a purpose.
BattlefieldMedic
+25|6607|Sydney City, THE city.

ChibiAlpha wrote:

I wouldn't say completely unnerf it, but buff it up just a bit, whether its more accurate or just a bit more damage so it's actually useful for defense.
Dito- I have yet to hit a single target while strafing enemy ground troops. Its time those massive mini-guns on the blackhawks actually had a use.

I think it would also help the USMC attack on Wake Island.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard