Michael4970
+0|6772
Thanks to everyone around here for the advice on getting my Basic and Veteran Explosives badges. I got them both in one round playing the Gulf of Oman.  I started out as an engineer but got my but kicked for a few minutes by the armour so I switch to special forces.  I started throwing C4 at the tanks as they came into the compounds and suddenly I got the Basic.  So I continued on and got the Veteran.  I wasn't even trying to get them at first. Someone said in a previous post here that the best way to get thes badges was to not try for them and wait for them to come when you get hot.   I think that's great advice. I was trying real hard to get the basic for weeks and killing my score in the process.  I would also drive the dune buggy at an enemy tank then jusp out right next to him.  The tank would focus on the jeep as it went past and I would dropp the C4 on the side and boom! I got that advice from another post here somewhere.  Thanks everyone!

Also picked up the Veteran Engineer badge last night.  Someone recommended that you trive a truck into the water and hit F3 and fix it.  It worked like a charm. My squad leader was laughing. Yea, I'll will admit it was stats padding but it was on a 64 player Sharqi map with only 10 or so players. It took maybe 15 minutes? Then I went back to normal playing. Everyone else was just driving around taking spawn points because you could never find the enemy!  The rest of the game went on for another hour.

Now if only I could get the knife badge.  I need to practice more! I only have 12 kills total.
CANADIAN_rocker
+0|6746|CANADA
Aw man, i try al the time to get my Explosives badge and my gold knife badge and al i need help on is what map is the best for it
eatmywheaties
+2|6759
the knife badge and pistol badges are the most fun to get.

I got hot when I earned my ground defense awards.  I was at the tow on sharqi where the usmc holds the second choke point.

jeeps kept driving up that road and tanks would come around the other way.  I got the ribbon and the basic badge.  good stuff.
BladeRunner
+5|6749|UK

Michael4970 wrote:

Thanks to everyone around here for the advice on getting my Basic and Veteran Explosives badges. I got them both in one round playing the Gulf of Oman.  I started out as an engineer but got my but kicked for a few minutes by the armour so I switch to special forces.  I started throwing C4 at the tanks as they came into the compounds and suddenly I got the Basic.  So I continued on and got the Veteran.  I wasn't even trying to get them at first. Someone said in a previous post here that the best way to get thes badges was to not try for them and wait for them to come when you get hot.   I think that's great advice. I was trying real hard to get the basic for weeks and killing my score in the process.  I would also drive the dune buggy at an enemy tank then jusp out right next to him.  The tank would focus on the jeep as it went past and I would dropp the C4 on the side and boom! I got that advice from another post here somewhere.  Thanks everyone!

Also picked up the Veteran Engineer badge last night.  Someone recommended that you trive a truck into the water and hit F3 and fix it.  It worked like a charm. My squad leader was laughing. Yea, I'll will admit it was stats padding but it was on a 64 player Sharqi map with only 10 or so players. It took maybe 15 minutes? Then I went back to normal playing. Everyone else was just driving around taking spawn points because you could never find the enemy!  The rest of the game went on for another hour.

Now if only I could get the knife badge.  I need to practice more! I only have 12 kills total.
That rocks, dude!
STEW002
+0|6751

Michael4970 wrote:

Good for you man, im still working on those right now.
MikeBlades
+8|6754|Battlefield in australia
knife and pistol badges are hard....try urban maps like sharqui  pen and karkland.  the close quarters environs allow you to run around with knife/pistol and kill like a made man before the enemy realise your there.
Dilligas
+6|6782
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/dilligas/screen050.png

congrats on the badge!  My two cents? The way to get the expert is to jihad, and only use two packs per car....and live you will so need them.  I found that if you can not get kills with out 100% jihading then you can not get the 40 kills needed.  I worked my ass off, drive into a APC or people or tank or whatever then jump out live, then lay some more on a person or another vehicle then BOOM!  I spent a VERY long time trying for this badge, you can tell by my spm. Like you I got two in a row, first vet then expert.
I got mine on 19th corps server on a 64 map with 300 tickets.  As you can see it was so flipping close that it came down to the 40 and 41 kill with only 4 tickets left. Oh ya for anyone else who goes for this, I would say a lot "srry guys, just going for the badge" that will save you from being called a n00b or kick/ban.

I think this one was fun to get, I also do not see how anyone could ever use a friend to get this badge. I had to get 2,3 or more kills at a time to get that score…now go for it, you know you want it!!!
STEW002
+0|6751

Dilligas wrote:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/d … een050.png

congrats on the badge!  My two cents? The way to get the expert is to jihad, and only use two packs per car....and live you will so need them.  I found that if you can not get kills with out 100% jihading then you can not get the 40 kills needed.  I worked my ass off, drive into a APC or people or tank or whatever then jump out live, then lay some more on a person or another vehicle then BOOM!  I spent a VERY long time trying for this badge, you can tell by my spm. Like you I got two in a row, first vet then expert.
I got mine on 19th corps server on a 64 map with 300 tickets.  As you can see it was so flipping close that it came down to the 40 and 41 kill with only 4 tickets left. Oh ya for anyone else who goes for this, I would say a lot "srry guys, just going for the badge" that will save you from being called a n00b or kick/ban.

I think this one was fun to get, I also do not see how anyone could ever use a friend to get this badge. I had to get 2,3 or more kills at a time to get that score…now go for it, you know you want it!!!
holy crap!!! -45, were you the commander or sumtin?
supa_fly52
Save a Mouse, Eat a Pussy
+8|6755|Gold Coast, Australia
https://www.freewebs.com/blakemcleod/BF2%202005-11-15%2021-26-28-87_0001.jpg

A good old friendly knife fight is the best and most fun way to get a badge (not that i got mine). Also its fun to jump into a knife fight with c4 (he he he) .
BTW Sharqi Peninsula is a great map for knife and pistol kills, cuz there are so many snipers!
(if u cant read my score it says: global score 138, teamwork38, kills 50, deaths 13)
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6765
suicide bombing is a weak tactic.  i would be ashamed if i had to do that to make my expert explosives badge.
Boogie
+1|6746
Just picked up my vet knife badge in Sharqi, so many snipers on the mountains by the MEC Outskirt spawn.  Even managed to get a few extra.  Really hate not really helping my side but????  Gotta do what you gotta do.
Dilligas
+6|6782

DeltaForceWarrior wrote:

suicide bombing is a weak tactic.  i would be ashamed if i had to do that to make my expert explosives badge.
well when you get your expert another way you let me know.  Like I said, I was doing way more than just jihading, you have to or there is no way. I would use mines, or claymores if others were not assholes and get me for a TK when there is a skull right in front of them....so I feel fine about it.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6765
yesterday morning was the first and only time i tried for the exp explosives and i got 32 kills, but it was a packed karkand server so the round ended before i could get anymore kills

the only tactic i used was the quick throw and blow.  i had no teamkills, suicides, or team damage. when i get it you will be the first to know.

don't get me wrong, i don't have any problem with people that lace up a humvee with C4 and use it to take out a large group of people or a tank.  i also don't have a problem with occasionally killing yourself if you can't get away in time (i do it sometimes myself).

i just think that its cheap, when i see people that make no attempt to get out of the blast radius and continually kill themselves.  There is no skill in doing that and looking at your teamwork score in your screenie that is the tactic you use
Dilligas
+6|6782
I do not want to take this post...Trust me, If I did not jump away and live as much as I did I would not have gotten the expert.  I always attempted to run away knowing that I needed to if I was going to keep getting the kills. I had 0 team kills...those were all me. Good luck on your expert, that goes for everyone, it was very hard and worth it once I got it...glad I do not have to again.
Sprinks
+0|6800
I really am waiting for the moment when u can just toss the c4 pack up in the air, walk forward a bit, and catch it like on ur leg or something.  A true blue suicide bomber.   I think i would just die of laughter seeing something like this happen.
*edit* oh btw congrats on the 2 badges in one round.

Last edited by Sprinks (2005-11-16 21:09:29)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6752|Toronto, ON
I got my Veteran on Zatar.  I load up the Mi-17 tranport chopper with C4 and hunt for Black Hawks, fly close, parachute out and press the C4 ignition.  Yawn.
Alpha as fuck.
Dilligas
+6|6782

Nyte wrote:

I got my Veteran on Zatar.  I load up the Mi-17 tranport chopper with C4 and hunt for Black Hawks, fly close, parachute out and press the C4 ignition.  Yawn.
hahhhahah, that is the best one yet! I like that way more then when people just ram the chopper..that rocks man.
Mikaq
+0|6739|Oulu, Finland

Michael4970 wrote:

Well I got only 14 kills and I have basic knife badge. I got it from Sharqi Peninsula in MEC team. My strategy was to ambush 3-4 soldier squad and start stabbing. I did this few times and got my badge. I think it is easier get badge this way because they cant instantly distinguish you that are you friend or foe. When you get few soldiers down from group, then they realise that you are foe

Of course you can always try sneaking and finding lonely soldiers, but my opinion it takes too much time.
banndontv
+-1|6748
you do not need to go around jihaad jeeping people for your expert explo badge.  try using only c4 for the entire round. theres some neat tricks posted in this forum about what exactly to do.  search rocks.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6793

Michael4970 wrote:

Man, that sounds so much like the old stat-padding games on Mashtuur that everyone complained about.  Everyone piles into the helicopters and zooms round the spawns, capping them and trying not to shoot each other.

How hard is it to find the enemy?  Commanders have scan and uav to spot them so my guess is statpadding...
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6809|UK
I achieved this same feat last night: basic and veteran explosive ordinance badges in one round. It was slightly unexpected (the basic one at least), but I'm rather proud of that as I thought I was never going to get them.
Michael4970
+0|6772
I here is an update on my progress.  I finally got the veteran pistol and basic knife.  I jumped onto a server were everyone was using pistols and knifes for a few rounds.  That was so much fun.  I got the verteran pistol on the first round and basic knife on the next round.  It's a shame I didn't have enough knife kills to get the veteran knife.  After a few rounds everyone went back to normal fighting. But that was some serious fun!

It's a shame that EA banned knife and pistol servers. I had an awesome time playing.  It was probably one of the best times I've had playing this game.  It was also some of the best teamwork I have ever seen.  You had to move as a team or you wouldn't survive.  I would love to do that again.  Everyone now and then I find a moment in the game where my opponent pulls out a knife. It a lot more challenging than using an automatic weapon.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard