8ball
+1|6751
i know that as a commander u can have 12 kills and still 0 points
u definately dont get points 4 kills as a commander
Bravery
+-1|6780
Commander points are calculated by how many times your team uses your supply drops, you get points for repairs/ammo/health, and you get points for your team capturing flags and making them neutral, you don't get any points for killing anyone, nor do you get any points for killing people with artillery.
kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6747|Aus
The Commander gets the average of the teams scores(x2) if you win.

If you don't get it now you're stupid.
kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6747|Aus
BTW you get point for artillary these are added to the team score, not your own, so they'll get devided and added to your score, same as your kills and heals
TrevorP
+0|6803
Ok this makes more sense to me now
Anima05
+1|6770
That is not true, you commander score is your team's average, with the winning team's commander getting double points
Anima05
+1|6770
woops did't see the other one lol
Jodah3
+1|6749
I don't think it's the average of the team's scores, I've oftentimes seen the commander get the gold medal.  I'm pretty sure it's mathematically impossible for the average to be greater than any of the values in the equation

The idea about it being based on supply drop uses and flag captures is probably closer to the truth, but your guess is as good as mine.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6784|Nova Scotia, Canada

You see, when the commander wins and gets gold, he had his scored multiplied by 2!

So just cut his score in half, and you get his original score!
Spyx750
+0|6753
I read somewhere that for every 8 points the team gets, the commander gets 1 point. Don't know if that's true though.
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with arty/supply's/uav.
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6782|London UK

I cant believe how stupid some people are.

The commader score IS the average of your teams score, which is doubled if you win. AND, commander points recieved during the game also equate into that sum.

SO

p1. 10 points
p2. 10 points
p3. 10 points
p4. 10 points
p5. 10 points
p6. 10 points
p7. 10 points
p9. 10 points
p9. 10 points
p10. 10 points

So, the average team score in this case is 10. So if the team wins, the commander gets the average team score (10) x2, and whats 10 x 2 kids? You got it, 20, HAVE A GOLD STAR.

Thats how the commander often gets alot more points then the rest of the team.

Anyone who still doesnt understand I suggest you go play with large power tools and dont bother reading the saftey labels first.

QUOTED FROM ABOVE:

"I dont think it avrage because even without the 2x the commander can come is 3 place went there are 16 ppl on the team with out 2x
If avrage was true then the commander would be in like 8 place"

ARGH, so what if the top player has 100 points and the rest have 0. 100/16 give the average per player. The in that case the commander would come in second place with 6 (or 7 rounded up) and if the team won he would recieve the 2x bonus giving him a score of 12-14 (depending on how the gaem rounds up the figures) and earning the commander, provided no one on the opposite team scored higher, a silver medal.

Last edited by BUDFORCE (2005-11-17 03:19:46)

JaymanIII
+0|6746

BUDFORCE wrote:

I cant believe how stupid some people are.

So, the average team score in this case is 10. So if the team wins, the commander gets the average team score (10) x2, and whats 10 x 2 kids? You got it, 20, HAVE A GOLD STAR.
Isn't there a time factor as well? Which might explain why the commander sometimes seems to score less than the average.

I've tried stealing commander points by applying for commander post in the last few minutes of a round, but it hasn't been very beneficial.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6768|Denmark

Bravery wrote:

Commander points are calculated by how many times your team uses your supply drops, you get points for repairs/ammo/health, and you get points for your team capturing flags and making them neutral, you don't get any points for killing anyone, nor do you get any points for killing people with artillery.
yeah.. I've also noticed that on average the commander score is almost the average score of your team. that is if you are completely passive as commander..

I've noticed that if you win - AND have participated in action (done someting for the team - killed people, revived and so on) you get slightly more that 2x...

I dont know the full detailes - but I know this from experience...
amgln
+0|6759
once  as a commander i got my 1st and only gold medal which is 100. so my suspision is not only average. or maybe was it after x2.
SumThingInHuman
+0|6770
So what if i went around as commander and revived people, would my score go up?
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6817

SumThingInHuman wrote:

So what if i went around as commander and revived people, would my score go up?
No. At least not during the game. But the revive will show up in your stats. And also, if you play repair/support/medic and help a hell lot of people, you will get mentioned with most revives/ammo/repairs after the round, without seeing these points while in game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard