ayb
+0|6765|Orlando, FL
red names but a friendly model skin, blue names but an enemy model skin. and even better: kills on red names showing as regular kills but still giving negative points. i was having what i thought was a good round of support spraying on karkand as mec, until to my horror i checked the scoreboard to find i was 0 -17 14 4. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ayb (2005-11-16 16:24:26)

Bravery
+-1|6780
Yea, it's a bug. But you shouldn't be shooting at names, you should be shooting at player models to begin with.
Mad dawg
+0|6779
Actually i think almost everyone shoots at names. U cant really not shoot at a name when a guy just rips around a corner from an enemy base with red tags. I think we would all shot at him. I always try to stop myself but its hard. I hate that when it happens to my teamats to who just keep killing u when ur on there team and the other guy next to u is getting a whole buch of points from reviving u. It gets anoying. They really need to fix that right away.
ayb
+0|6765|Orlando, FL
when your target's at fog range and you only have the name and a dim outline to go on ....
oberst_enzian
+234|6753|melb.au

Mad dawg wrote:

They really need to fix that right away.
pretty amazing how long its taking actually... makes you wonder if they give a shit at all, or whether they're too busy swimming through mountains of cash and snorting coke from the cleavage of crack-whores to notice.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6785

oberst_enzian wrote:

Mad dawg wrote:

pretty amazing how long its taking actually... makes you wonder if they give a shit at all, or whether they're too busy swimming through mountains of cash and snorting coke from the cleavage of crack-whores to notice.
lol, play an MMO and then you can talk.
RadeonII
+1|6785

oberst_enzian wrote:

Mad dawg wrote:

I bet Its because there to busy with the new release of BF2 S/F  to fix the bugs in this game.
ayb
+0|6765|Orlando, FL
its the same old ea/dice song and dance

we know bfv is a buggy piece of shit, so here's a boring world war 2 mod (because we know you haven't played enough world war 2!)

bf2's just as buggy? well hell, have a (boring, almost complete carbon copy) port that we didn't even make of a map from a game we released almost 3 years ago.

bf2's still buggy? here, buy this expansion pack!

ea/dice is like the bush administration. people start asking questions, they just raise the terror alert level a notch or two.

Last edited by ayb (2005-11-16 18:39:12)

oberst_enzian
+234|6753|melb.au
lol, that's the best way of putting it yet
divided
Clear!
+3|6783
I've encountered 2(two) times when I have teamkilled a player because of this bug.  However, it's a little different.  He had a blue tag, but..he had an enemy model!  So I kill him, thinking it's just the color bug again, and guess what happens. I kill him, lose points, and get punished.  As far as I know I don't know anyone else that has seen this before.
Das_Capitolin
+0|6764|Reno, NV
I have seen all of the variations listed here, and usually they are on Karkand.  It also seems to stick with the players; ie. they can disconnect and come back with the same problem.
jbrd
+0|6751|Kansas City,MO

oberst_enzian wrote:

Mad dawg wrote:

LMAO!!!!!

yep its happened to me and have gotten punished for it. it sux all around!!!

Last edited by jbrd (2005-11-17 10:40:45)

Cookie Monster
+0|6776|Shaw AFB
I think there is a hack going around too.  Two nights ago there was a guy that had a blue name tag and his skin was friendly and he even showed up on our team when you hit tab.  But when he got in the tank, I tried to jump in as the top gunner.  But I could not get in the vehicle, then he shot me.  And it was not a teamkill.
I just have to say "shit like this sucks".  I don't have his name with me now.  But i will post it when I find the paper I wrote it down on.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6763
I think it may be a problem with the team switching, because it seems this happens when a player gets switched on teams, and shows up on the red team, and has a red tag, even though he is on the blue team (aka your team).

Yes, you should shoot at player models, but at distance a person you see in the distance and then lite up with the red tag.... and when a guy just appears at your base with a red tag, you should shoot reflexivly when your xhair goes over them

Last edited by freebirdpat (2005-11-17 13:47:20)

Ethereal_Drag0n
+0|6760|Villa Park, IL
This happens to me 95% of the time on Wake Island 2007.... infact, I NEVER SAW this bug until Wake Island 2007 was introduced.....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard