Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6856
I wish one or two would Surface. We would do it in BFV. some Dutch people I beleive. He Fixed it so we all had the same Rifle (Scoped M14) And we would shoot across the River ( Straights whatever ) in Operation Irving ( i think ) No one was allowed to change a flag. even  with 3 people it worked good. Lots of seraching and Crawling around Tuanting. I you were doing Really good They'd Say Hey pop a smoke. You would toss one out as a Clue. The places we found to Hide would Work well in a Real game to. I would clean up as a Sniper on that map.

I am a Sniper almost Exclusivly now.
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6760
That'd be pretty cool. It'd be pretty crazy when you got face to face with someone and tried to take each other out with Sniper Rifles at point blank range.
dalfiuss
+1|6850
You can't do that on a ranked server, as weapon restriction is illegal.  I am sure there are some out there though capable of hosting unranked servers that wouldn't mind giving it a try.
FourStars
+1|6759|Australia
could be ok, youd get sick of it quickly
Michael82
+4|6801|Copenhagen, Denmark
reminds me of AWM (awp) only maps in CS... not a big bundle of fun, even though you have a more realistic fight here
-=1stInF.|Slappey
+3|6773
We have sniper wars on our old bf42 server, haven't tried it on bf2 yet.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6812
In DF:BHD, Novalogic allowed people to make custom maps to run on their servers.  A lot of these were very well put together and some even had weapon restrictions - Sniperville springs to mind.

I have no idea why EA doesn't allow this as it's worked before.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6833
If it gets them the fuck out of my servers... than im all for it
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6856

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

If it gets them the fuck out of my servers... than im all for it
Some one tagged you i think. while Fixing a tank? or waiting for an aircraft. the worst is when your 10 yards fram the Jet and WAP. Really F#@!$ Frosts me.
Metaltop
+1|6782|The Netherlands
We have done a sniperwar with my clan on BF2 (3vs3), set up my own server for it.

Snipermatches where the only thing that was fun with BFV

Last edited by Metaltop (2005-11-16 06:59:53)

SilentAssassin03
+0|6800|California
I would probably smoke you all. I am the best sniper there is. Not many people can beat me in a sniper duel.
dsb
+0|6796

SilentAssassin03 wrote:

I would probably smoke you all. I am the best sniper there is. Not many people can beat me in a sniper duel.
silent assassin...hmmm...interesting name....are you a fart?
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6802|The Hague, Holland
Hell yeah Sniper Wars are fun .
I wish some1 would make a server like that . Maybe it would be a bit boring but thats ok I geuss Just play Karkand ^^
dshak
+4|6832
that would be brilliant. (sniper only server) see Horse, we don't disagree on everything!
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6771|Toronto, ON

SilentAssassin03 wrote:

Yawn.
Alpha as fuck.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6802|The Hague, Holland

Nyte wrote:

SilentAssassin03 wrote:

Yawn.
Dare I say it?

p00nd.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6794|Nova Scotia, Canada

Bwned!
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6771|Toronto, ON

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

It would be fun, but sniping close range would get boring, and then when you try to cap a flag you'll die straight away...
That's what a Knife is for.
Alpha as fuck.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6856

dshak wrote:

that would be brilliant. (sniper only server) see Horse, we don't disagree on everything!
grrrrrrrr........
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6856
The point in Sniper War is Just try and Rack up kills without Dying. Don't take Flags, You want game to last.  Not just ( Sniper Kits, JUST Sniping ).No nades No Knives. You Don't want to Get Close. Sniping Across Water and Bridge in Karkand would be best. In BFV we would only shoot across water in Op. Irving From one hill to the Other. All long Range Ala Hathcock type stuff. anyone who Crossed the Water was kicked if they didn't catch on and go back.  Hours of Fun If you got that mind set.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6856

SilentAssassin03 wrote:

cant wait to find out, i run hot and Cold myself.
Galen1066
+1|6779|Colo. Springs
I think it would be great, since you could use the Berlin map from BF1942 for sure (Not sure if they had a Stalingrad map), but you really modify a couple of the city maps for bf2 (I.E. Blow all bridges, except maybe a footpath; Elim. the Arty, Heavy Vehicles, Planes and Helo's) make buildings more accessible, more rubble to hide in, etc. you get my meaning.
RONIN6969001
+0|6771|Duluth MN
i think it wourl be boaring    shooting a sitting duck is not all that fun       and plus its more fun hearing people bitch about getting sniped and cant find out where you are       and if anyone wants to duel with me      just let me know i have 60:00:00++ time as a sniper
Maj.Do
+85|6771|good old CA
i could host a unranked sniper only server if you guys want.  i have a unused server right now in my room.  15-30 ping west coast
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6784

SilentAssassin03 wrote:

yeah your accuracy with the sniper rifle isn't that hot.  when you get up to 65% accuracy then we can all talk

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard