ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6743
has anyone gotten the explosives badge WITHOUT using C4?  just using AT mines or claymores?
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6774|NRW,Germany
Tried veteran explosives today without success.
I put C4 on the MI-17 on Mashtur, get close to the (offcourse always fully loaded) Blackhawk, then switched to one of the back seats and used the detonator. Works great but unfortunately the MEC main base was capped quite early so I wasn´t able to do it often enough.

It was the very first time there were two kick votes at the same time (against me offcourse as they were whining as they couldn´t own with the Blackhawk as usual). Luckyli for me only the BH-Whores were voting as nobody else cared about.

When the base was capped I decided to snipe so I placed me and my M95 ontop the building where you can control the Mosque and the flag right next to it. As they were BH-Whoring again for the rest of the round I was twice able to shoot the pilot resulting the loaded BH to crash. Boy those guys were angry ^^
They were insulting me but the more they did the more people I shot out of the BH ^^
banndontv
+-1|6748
Keep trying, once you get the hang of what you need to do with C4 it will become second nature.  Ive had my expert for a while and am consistantly getting 40+ c4 kills a round (imma whore, what can i say) without any ramming whatsoever.  I find sharqi the best map especially for MEC.  capture the far west (left) CP and punish the influx of USMC coming from the surviellance CP.
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6809|USA, IL
It's not foreveryone, the requirements are a little steep but all the more reason to respect those of us wih vetran and even more for those with exert.... and ramming noobs.... just go kakand and jump and toss, ramming is for noobs.

Happy C4ing.

and a note to Eclipse:  im a pretty good player and I've only killesd some like 14 times in a round your ctrucko (20 kills) is a little far sstretched ESPECIALLY reflected by your other victoms ( 8 kills to and 4 kills to)
C4era
+0|6733
*Shakes head* I should have had a diff name because I suck at explosives kills.... than again I bought this game 3 days ago and somehow didnt sleep for the 24 hours I was playing.. meh
Echo908
+0|6727
granted i don't play that much, but still the basic is even too rediculus. its boring to try and run around lobbing c4 over walls and praying to the almighty that someone is back there to get blown up. it looks kinda funny too....
TrevorP
+0|6793
well I just got the basic just now...one of four I got today actually (Vet Med, Vet Healing thing, Vet PIstol and that)...and the explosives was hard for sure I kept wondering if my kamikazis were counting...sure enough they do...
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6727|Debris From Space
Keep trying... i got basic and veteran in the same round on Dalian Plant. I was just perminently C4ing stupid APC n00bs and doing the odd Jihad Jeep (sorry i couldn't resist it..). I do think the expert badge is a bit over the top but I'll eventually get it.. I think for expert i might mix up the explosives i'll use...

If your gonna go Jihad Jeeping use the USMC dune buggys, they are fast and most of the time you can jump out and it will roll straight into the tank/apc/AA. With some luck you can take out an attack helicopter. They tend to hover low when trying to kill you and you can also take them out when they hover low to repair at heliports.

Also, most of the time you get some stupid tank n00b who will always come back to the same point to try and kill you if you C4ed them at a certain CP.. Use that to your advantage too.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-11-28 05:43:06)

[FIS]-Thor
+0|6743|Vienna- Austria
an idea whic i posted 2 weeks ago in anothr topic.. MAKE IT COUNT AS A KILL WHEN U DESTROY COMMANDER ASSETS.. then u could get ur veteran explosive prdinance
US_JackHammer
+1|6727
It took me 3 weeks of trying just to get my basic explosives, after I got my basci explosives I worked out how to do it best, and within 2 days I had my expert Got 53 C4 kills IR.

Its easiest when the mec team is creaming the Us team on Karkand Sneak round the left hand side of the map and thru the fence, then double back to where the fence seperates the burning car and the us spawn, usually if the mec is creaming the us then there will be about 15-20 people all there, lots of medics too, run up behind them and c4 about 3/4 of them then duck down behind one of the obstacles there. The dumbAss point whoring medics wont bother to actually look for you and kill you, they just think.. Oh shit I can get 10 revives here, wait till he starts doing his job, drop a few more c4 and boom those frehsly revived meat trucks.
BoxheaDed
+0|6725

banndontv wrote:

Keep trying, once you get the hang of what you need to do with C4 it will become second nature.  Ive had my expert for a while and am consistantly getting 40+ c4 kills a round (imma whore, what can i say) without any ramming whatsoever.  I find sharqi the best map especially for MEC.  capture the far west (left) CP and punish the influx of USMC coming from the surviellance CP.
my soulmate  ;D  LOL  I have grown to love C4

Get the exlosive badges without ramming with jeep etc. You feel much better when you get it the "smart" (lack of any better word) way.

And Sharqi is the best map for this. Any flag will do.

Althought I have had many grey hair due to the switch to detonator bug... a lot of times it will not which to it, mainly if you are trying to switch it fast. And sometimes it totally freezes to C4 pack. I'll have to completly switch weapons to get rid of it. Anyone else get this? Or is it just my buggy finders...

After 1.3 patch mine kills are harder to get as armors are able to explode the mines (which I think is silly update) I used to love mines. I stopped using Claymore as teammates do not seem to see them, resulting more TKs than enemy kills.
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6741
I almost never used C4s before, but I noticed a good way to get kills is to put some C4s at the bottom of the hill at Karkand. Watch a whole squad spawn up there, and once they get to the bottom. BOOM!

Last edited by AmBiTiOnZ23 (2005-11-28 10:29:02)

TSal2111
+1|6747
Do it claymores.. find a Kark only server... spawn as US.. run to the first little alley, and start droppin em'  works everytime.
MB.nZ
+86|6774|New Zealand

ChiefCrash wrote:

has anyone gotten the explosives badge WITHOUT using C4?  just using AT mines or claymores?
yes I got veteran with only claymores.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6727|Debris From Space

AmBiTiOnZ23 wrote:

I almost never used C4s before, but I noticed a good way to get kills is to put some C4s at the bottom of the hill at Karkand. Watch a whole squad spawn up there, and once they get to the bottom. BOOM!
Yes i have done that before, and found it very entertaining to see their body's fly high into the air.
Tcx_1
+3|6741|Alberta, Canada
You simply have to do it on karkand.
I got my expert yesterday doing the same thing about 5 times in a row to get about 20 kills. 
Its also easier to do it as a long wolf, but heres what I did. 
Instead of going to the hotel flag, go neutralize the square(2nd) one.  Then plant c4 all around and hide.  2 c4 on left side in case a tank comes by, and 3 inside to make sure anything in there dies. 
Then when you get notified the enemy has recaptured the flag, BOOM.  On average, I got 6 kills per blast.  Ended the round with 63 c4 kills.  And NOT ONCE, did I Jihad Jeep anything.

Edit: Was a 32 player server.

Last edited by Tcx_1 (2005-12-02 14:01:29)

matt_g_geier
+0|6736|Minnesota
Okay. Ill be honest, I actually thought it was kind of cool to pack the cars and humvees with C4 and then drive around looking for a target. I guess to me, it was faster to plant the c4 and drive it to a location, rather then set it .. and err .. wait for someone to come to me. Now that I have read this, I will stop doing it that and find some other creative ways to do it.

One of my favorites is planting it right in a bush, or on karkland, on the stairs going to the hotel, never fails. I generall get 3 to 4 kills most of the time taht way, depends on how they are actually spread out.... i seem to teamkill a lot by mistake...anyway, we all can see from my sig that I could fall into the nooby booby catagory, but i try to play fair generally, and I don't hold a grudge and I forgive 99% of all teamkills on me. Unless the idiot is clearly stupid, standing there facing me and deliberately shoots me in the face, f'in of course i'm going to punish their ass, wouldn't you??... lol

So .. good playing all... You can find me around on most of the EA US servers.
CL_Crusader
=CL=_Crusader [M95] His leg
+3|6731|Austria
Hey guys. Ive gotta confess something. I only earned my veteran explosives through spawnbombing the Hotel outpost in Karkand. Even so, i hardly got my 24 kills and that in the last second. the others had about 3 tickets left and I spawned near an APC that was taking the flag and didnt face me.
I tried with AT mines before but that doesnt work to well. They eiter see them an blast them away or some artillery comes in and blasts them away or you blast a teammate away.
However I was on a server with teamdamage disabled, so every teammate keept driving over my mines, allthough they saw them and i stood in the way saying "No way man" and "No Sir". Best place for them is in the river on karkand. You know, the second way to get across it right to the bridge.
Nipr.[net]
+0|6757|Robins AFB, GA
Holy crap, I got my basic and was one kill away from my vet EOD badge using nothing but claymores on Karkand.  MAN I was mad when that round ended...it was all of a sudden like, too. We had just taken back Hotel and I had finished setting up my trap...and boom!  Round over. 

Just spawn on Hotel as MEC and plant them at all the entrances to the little square...just make SURE your teammates know what you're doing.  One time, I died and when I spawned, there were six people at the ladder that leads up the building right across from the flag.  I threw down a claymore, got shot to death, and earned myself 5 kills with a single claymore.  That shit was amazing.  Nothing beats seeing the entire kill/death scroll area fill up with text of YourName[Claymore]Dumbass.
Mr_Spork
+2|6741
This badge totally made me hate this game.

But then one day on Karkland the badge finally came even when I didn't want it.
xilix
+0|6767

ChiefCrash wrote:

Yep, I got mine with claymores on Karkand, almost got the expert that way ending up with 33 kills.
MB.nZ
+86|6774|New Zealand
OK today I worked very hard on my expert and after 4 hours I finnaly got it with claymores at the start mining the spawns and gateways from the MEC side -

after we could get Hotel I started C4ing when my team hat around 180 tickets left and already 20 pure explosive points

the last 17 were finished when we had about 90 tickets, so I had still some spare time to get even more then the requiered 37

In sum, I say now its not that ridiculus and it its still possible if you pick a karkand server - 300 ticket - 32 to 40 players (not 64, unless you lose to much of your tickets already)
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6765

xilix wrote:

ChiefCrash wrote:

Yep, I got mine with claymores on Karkand, almost got the expert that way ending up with 33 kills.
made my basic with claymores on karkand, vet with C4

best area is on USMC after your team caps the Hotel stand by the ledge that's by the flag and pop up occasionally and wait for the MEC to try and recapture the base. 90% of them will run right towards the stairs so have your C4 ready and give them a nice surprise when they get to the top.

another tactic is to sit on the roof by the Square and wait for the enemy team to try and cap the flag below and toss C4 down on them. get a support class to keep supplying you and to watch the ladder and keep your head away from the edge of the roof and you can stay up there for quite while.

Jihad Jeeping = weak tactic
spearo
+0|6721
its poxy that when u peel off ut pack of C4 and ur in a hell of a hurry to switch to the detonator it switches then u go to hit it and it manages to peel off another C4 pack or the pack u put out whence u hit the detonator makes the beep but u get no bang. C4 is opk when u take ur time but if ur in a hurry C4 can screw up and wind up biteing u on the ass and u look like a easter bunny bouncing around dropping of pack of easter eggs for the 4 kiddies trying to shoot ur ass.
philbymaris
+0|6735|Brissvegas AUST
Well i got it, dont know how, but i blew up a whole heap of shit, and many a limb was never found ever again, but i got it....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard