Poll

Do you think this is an exploit?

Yes10%10% - 6
No89%89% - 51
Total: 57
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6659|Manitowoc, WI
Alright, me and a clanmate got into a discussion (read: fight) about whether or not it is an exploit.  On sharqi, you can camp in the Tow and with some practice you can aim it so as soon as the helicopter spawns at the beach house, you can shoot the tow across the water and destroy it.

The chopper doesnt have enough time to lift off or even move before the TOW missle hits it and kills it.  If this is done consistantly, you can keep the chopper down the entire round that you have the hotel.  He (the one who did it the whole round) said it wasnt an exploit because "you can do it in any patch and it takes skill to do".

I say bullshit and he doesnt know what he is talking about.  I say its an exploit because it give you an unfair advantage that Dice did not intend on being used.  The past patch and skill thing have nothing to do with it.  Bunny hopping is technically an exploit (although highly less annoying).  What are your thoughts

EDIT: remeber, it is not hitting it once or twice but keeping on the ground the entire round

Last edited by BolvisOculus (2006-07-07 19:41:36)

G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6666|Sea to globally-cooled sea
in the days of DC, on El Alamain, we used to do that ALL THE TIME to keep enemy jets out of the skies.
Jello.01
+46|6649|DFW, Texas
Once you figure out how to do it, you can keep guys like mele4nyc off the ground, and you will be very happy... lol.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6659|Manitowoc, WI
alright, just a headsup, this poll isnt about weither or not you think it is a good tactic, it is wiether or not you think its an exlpoit
Slam
+74|6675
kool. i got to try that when i get a chance to. but im too lazy lol

& i say no

Last edited by Slam (2006-07-07 19:33:51)

BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6659|Manitowoc, WI

Slam wrote:

& i say no
ya, i had to think about wither or not i post this as to tell people how to do it but i think that most people will either be too lazy or give up after so long of not hitting it.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6580|Florida
Nah.  You're using an anti vehicle weapon to take down a vehicle.  I mean, no one said you had to wait for a helicopter to take off before you can shoot it.  All you're doing is using skill and foresight to make a good shot and take out a problem before it becomes a problem.  I mean, should a sniper have to wait until the target can see him before he takes a shot...?

Last edited by PCShooterNoob (2006-07-07 19:39:02)

oStoneRo
+9|6682
ive seen that before only the guy was shooting the american helicopter at the tv station, with the tow at the hotel.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6659|Manitowoc, WI

PCShooterNoob wrote:

Nah.  You're using an anti vehicle weapon to take down a vehicle.  I mean, no one said you had to wait for a helicopter to take off before you can shoot it.  All you're doing is using skill and foresight to make a good shot and take out a problem before it becomes a problem.  I mean, should a sniper have to wait until the target can see him before he takes a shot...?
i should have said this, its not the fact of hitting it once or twice, its keeping it out of the air the entire game out of pure cheapness
Jello.01
+46|6649|DFW, Texas

BolvisOculus wrote:

Slam wrote:

& i say no
ya, i had to think about wither or not i post this as to tell people how to do it but i think that most people will either be too lazy or give up after so long of not hitting it.
Well. to answer your question, I think it's a good tactic, and no, it's not an exploit, if people take the time to figure these things out, then they should be able to use it, for a good cause.
By the way, here's the link to that video that was posted some time ago.... Oh yeah, it also sounds like you were at the recieving end.
Arch-35
+1|6750
I do not think that this is an exploit because the same thing can be bone on SF:Ghost Town with the SAS Tow at the uncapable base and the first base across the bridge in killing the linebacker that spawns there. I have had it done to me as well.

Last edited by Arch-35 (2006-07-07 19:47:55)

BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6659|Manitowoc, WI
your right i was on the recieving end and i more than a little pissed about it.  its not a good tactic, its spawn killing.  its just like somone sitting with c4 on a tank an entire round before somone gets in it expect there is no way to stop him besids going across the water and taking it which is alot harder than just killing the guy right there
PCShooterNoob
+22|6580|Florida

BolvisOculus wrote:

PCShooterNoob wrote:

i should have said this, its not the fact of hitting it once or twice, its keeping it out of the air the entire game out of pure cheapness
I still don't see a problem.  He's just taking a shot.  An incredible and well practiced shot, but it's not like he's using any glitches or taking a particularly unfair advantage.  The mounted defenses are there for that very reason, regardless of how far away it is.  Just leave the helicopter alone...I know that's painful for some pilots, go on over to the Hotel, and cap the flag as infantry.  With the base in your possession, you're free to get the heli later.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6750
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
PCShooterNoob
+22|6580|Florida

BolvisOculus wrote:

your right i was on the recieving end and i more than a little pissed about it.  its not a good tactic, its spawn killing.  its just like somone sitting with c4 on a tank an entire round before somone gets in it expect there is no way to stop him besids going across the water and taking it which is alot harder than just killing the guy right there
You have two vans from that very same spawn point, drive over to the hotel.  You have boats as well, but who are we kidding?  Those never make it.  And I don't think taking out vehicles is nearly the same thing as spawnkilling.  A spawnkiller sits behind a spawn point and mows people down before they can even move...there's nothing the victim can do.  All YOU have to do in this situation is not take the helicopter.  It takes about 20 or 30 seconds to drive around to the Hotel in a vodnik.  I'd advise you do so.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6699|BC, Canada
How is that an exploit at all, your using a weapon to kill a enemy
PheloniusRM
+8|6738|Mission Viejo, CA
The problem is that you cannot see the chopper spawn from the hotel tow without using some third party software to remove the fog. If you are not using software, then you are shooting blindly and the chances that you will hit every single time is zero. I say exploit.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6818
well, the mec chopper ruins the entire round for most of the ppl, so i say its not an sploit
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6571|Boston, MA
I don't think it's an exploit. It's not like you're using it in some way that really gives you an unfair advantage. It's like using a MG in a narrow passage that people walk through all the time. It's there, why not use it?
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6659|Manitowoc, WI

PCShooterNoob wrote:

BolvisOculus wrote:

PCShooterNoob wrote:

I still don't see a problem.  He's just taking a shot.  An incredible and well practiced shot, but it's not like he's using any glitches or taking a particularly unfair advantage.  The mounted defenses are there for that very reason, regardless of how far away it is.  Just leave the helicopter alone...I know that's painful for some pilots, go on over to the Hotel, and cap the flag as infantry.  With the base in your possession, you're free to get the heli later.
alright, if you look at my stats im not a pilot or even a chopper whore.  i know how to take flags, i used to have more team points that kill points.  but sometimes it can be rather dificult to take down a flag with just 2 people and then you risk losing the chopper (yeah, i know boo hoo just go ground pound damn heli whore, well then there really isnt a point to taking the hotel back if somone else happens to get to the chopper before us)
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6750

PheloniusRM wrote:

The problem is that you cannot see the chopper spawn from the hotel tow without using some third party software to remove the fog. If you are not using software, then you are shooting blindly and the chances that you will hit every single time is zero. I say exploit.
zero? you dont need to see it spawn, if you know how long it takes to respawn and just keep throwing shoots in the right area you will hit it everytime.

(and if you hit your map it'll show the empty chopepr icon for a second when it spawns before they get in it kthx)

Last edited by TehMyke (2006-07-07 19:59:07)

» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Ben>You
+90|6566
Nope. Takes Skill, deal. Also, just by naming the topic "Is this an exploit" will make tons apon tons of little noobies read it, and the fact that there are videos SHOWING how to do it? I think you dug yourself an even bigger hole.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6659|Manitowoc, WI

PheloniusRM wrote:

well, i dont think they were hacking, by exploit i meant doing something that was not intended to be done (but still legit) to have an unfair advantage (i gave bunnyhoping as an example)
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6659|Manitowoc, WI

Ben>You wrote:

Nope. Takes Skill, deal. Also, just by naming the topic "Is this an exploit" will make tons apon tons of little noobies read it, and the fact that there are videos SHOWING how to do it? I think you dug yourself an even bigger hole.
im not sure what you are saying, i know it is possible, it can be pretty simply done.  im not saying its a hack. im saying its an exploit and very cheap
OSS-CAPT-SPEIRS
+13|6773|Orange County, CA

BolvisOculus wrote:

PCShooterNoob wrote:

I understand your point and it sucks if you can't get your chopper up but rally your team and get a good sniper in place to make sure they can't keep doing it.

To me an exploit is one like the Karkand-Vodnik-Inside the Hotel exploit.  That one really pisses me of and I see it used way to often.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard