BVC
+325|6688
I've talked about this idea in other threads but I don't think I've given it its own thread yet.

The idea is: EA holds a mapping competition, similar to the one they held for BF1942.  The winners become part of a map-pack, which can then be played on RANKED servers.

What would this mean for us?
We get new content without having to pay for it.

What would this mean for the mappers?
Even without the addition of prizes, they'd get an incredible amount of exposure and publicity; good for job prospects or simply just the glory factor.

What would this mean for EA?
More money.  More content helps a game live longer, and if BF2 lives longer then EA will get more revenue from ranked servers.

Make the competition a regular thing (say every 6 months or yearly) and they'll have a regular stream of new content/revenue.  We get new maps to play for free, EA gets more money for longer.  Simple.

What do you think?

Last edited by Pubic (2006-07-07 18:11:20)

Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6577|Vic, Australia
You have a good idea to increase maps for bf2 AND make ea money, good one dude
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6586|Lexington, Kentucky
Genious. +1.
.:silent-liquids:.
+13|6679
This is somthing EA should really consider. This has potenital
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6570|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Yup yup...your a genius buddy!
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6769
True dat bro....you got a good mind.
Slam
+74|6628
This is our next president! ill be ur manager o crap nvrm ur from New Zealand
kool. +1
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6523|Boston, MA
You should definately send that to EA, see if you could make something out of it.
BVC
+325|6688
How can you get in contact with them with regards to this sort of thing?  If I knew I so would!
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6523|Boston, MA
Try going to EA Customer Service. In the upper right is Contact Us. You need to register if you haven't already. I'm not sure if they'll actually do anything with it but it's definately worth it.
[BBF]Snake
The lord high master of pies
+16|6631|England
Good idea man, it may also cut out the crappy ones they make
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6559|England

Superb idea. They did this in HL2 about a year ago. Would be good if EA actually did this.
Dagger37A
+18|6757|USA
Excellent idea +1 Karma for you my friend.
Starfleet1403
...to bodly spawn where no one has spawned before!
+66|6615|Born in West-Berlin
Fantastic Idea! +1 Karma
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6482|Gogledd Cymru

well this lived long someone go contact ea, now!
JG1567JG
+110|6581|United States of America
Hell this sounds like a good Idea, but it would cost EA money unless they released them to the public to beta test for them.  I don't think EA wants to test any maps that the public sends them.  I don't want to sound like I am putting this idea down since it is a great idea, it just needs some more thought on how to get EA to go for it.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-06-29 19:33:37)

Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6431|King Of The Islands

surgeon_bond wrote:

well this lived long someone go contact ea, now!
They didn't listen for the first two years, what makes you think they will now?

Besides they're probably hesitant by 'legal issues' and ownership. Of course this could simply be solved with a waiver.

My vote is for
Checkpoint Abadan.
This would be an excellent addition, basically another Karkand/Mashtuur but with attack choppers too.

Ginkakuji Siege
Despite all the pics showing thick jungle, it has a smallish town (big enough to have 2 checkpoints), all concrete and urbanised. Proof that you can make an urban China map with stock textures.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

I think this is an excellent idea , which means EA will not pay attention to it and never consider doing it
JG1567JG
We could send the info to Intel (Highway Tampa) or Comcast (Jalalabad).  Who cares if intel adds advertisement.  Maybe some other internet providers or computer parts suppliers would want to get in on the action.  Maybe start a BF2 map war between major companies.  That would get some more maps for sure.  Just how to do it.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL

JG1567JG wrote:

We could send the info to Intel (Highway Tampa) or Comcast (Jalalabad).  Who cares if intel adds advertisement.  Maybe some other internet providers or computer parts suppliers would want to get in on the action.  Maybe start a BF2 map war between major companies.  That would get some more maps for sure.  Just how to do it.
we'd have to all go buy intel stuff, to show them how well the ads worked on us.
JG1567JG

S.Lythberg wrote:

JG1567JG wrote:

we'd have to all go buy intel stuff, to show them how well the ads worked on us.
I just did about 3 weeks or so ago. New laptop.  Core 2 Duo T7200 intel cpu.  I guess I should go on there forums or customer support and say the only reason I bought it was for the intel chip and because of the adds on Highway Tampa.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-06-29 20:04:29)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL

JG1567JG wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

JG1567JG wrote:

I just did about 3 weeks or so ago. New laptop.  Core 2 Duo T7200 intel cpu.
hurry, go tell them that the new map convinced you to do it
JG1567JG

S.Lythberg wrote:

JG1567JG wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I just did about 3 weeks or so ago. New laptop.  Core 2 Duo T7200 intel cpu.
hurry, go tell them that the new map convinced you to do it
Just thought that same thing.  Was busy editing my previous post.  I may just do that and blow a bunch smoke up their ass just for the maps.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-06-29 20:08:21)

Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6687|The Ville

Snake wrote:

Superb idea. They did this in HL2 about a year ago. Would be good if EA actually did this.
I remember that, I still have a half built map for cs from when they did it lols.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6534|Winterpeg, Canada
They tried this idea with 1942... didn't really happen to work out the way they planned.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard