whiteclay
+0|6514
Quick question regarding the Transport Badge.  It says:

*  IAR: 5 road kills while in Transport
    * 25h while in Transport
    * 200 driver special ability points
    * Basic Transport Badge

What do they mean by road kills?  Does that mean you need to run 5 people over in one round?  And what is "driver special ability points"?

Thanks-
syndicat111
+39|6688|UK
You have to run them over
(not kill em by gun  - the only reason u get road kills in planes etc. is by blowin cars up)
edit: spelling

second edit special ability points = when your drivin a car and a passenger gets a heal point - driver kill assists also count

Last edited by syndicat111 (2006-07-07 13:34:17)

Seether
+13|6543|Syracuse, NY; USA
A "driver special ability" means that you are a medic/engineer/support with a special ability and assist someone nearby.  For instance, you have are a medic in your APC and someone near (or in?) it gets healed, thereby giving the you a healing point, and you a driver special ability.

"road kills" have always confused me, I don't think it's necessarily run over though, because I think I have a lot more than I should were that to be the case.  Maybe someone else will volunteer that information.

Edit: grammar and last paragraph.

Last edited by Seether (2006-07-07 13:35:04)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6756|The United Center
Yes, you must run over 5 people using a transport vehicle.

Driver special ability points are defined in the wiki.
syndicat111
+39|6688|UK

Seether wrote:

A "driver special ability" means that you are a medic/engineer/support with a special ability and assist someone nearby.  For instance, you have are a medic in your APC and someone near (or in?) it gets healed, thereby giving the you a healing point, and you a driver special ability.

"road kills" have always confused me, I don't think it's necessarily run over though, because I think I have a lot more than I should were that to be the case.  Maybe someone else will volunteer that information.

Edit: grammar and last paragraph.
i just said u get road kills if you blow vehicles up with plane/heli etc. and kill th eguys inside 
-r3-anubis
+73|6547|florida
Running people over was the fun part
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6704|Howell, Mi USA
Best way to do it is get in a FAV on wake and run over all the knobs waiting for the J-10 to spawn.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
xXGamingBugXx
+30|6553
Go USMC, get a USMC buggy, drive to Chinese runway, you will get more than 5
MoChief
+67|6611
I believe you can also get transport roadkills if you use the 50 cal on the Vodnik/Hummer/FAV you are in and blow up another vehicle with people standing by (or just hopped out).  This is pretty tough to "try" to do though, so I suggest running the guys over.

Don't try this at Karkand... there are many tanks and ERYXs to eat your lunch.  Plus, you need something quick and speedy like a FAV or DPV.  Here are a few good situations for roadkills:

1.  Gulf of Oman as USMC:  Drive to MEC airbase and run down the guys waiting for planes or just spawning. 

2.  Dalian Plant:  Take FAV/DPV to one of the two warehouses and drive like a woman with a cell phone (did I just say that?) through the warehouse to the outside of the warehouse and back in.  Run over all infantry in your way.  Due to the AT bug, many of the ERYX's will miss you even if you're coming straight at them.  Watchout for APCs.
Repeat as necessary.

It will take a concerted effort... but you'll have it figured out after a while.  I'm still waiting for the right opportunity to get my 11 roadkills in a round for expert.  Usually I'll take a plane in those maps if available.
Seether
+13|6543|Syracuse, NY; USA

syndicat111 wrote:

i just said u get road kills if you blow vehicles up with plane/heli etc. and kill th eguys inside 
You SAID it, but 1.5 minutes before me.  So your post wasn't actually there when I clicked "Reply"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard