JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6780|Canada, Ont
This Game Requires To much Internet Banwidth.

The reason I post this is that I am trying to get a Kill to Death Ratio of 2.00

I personally think I would have already made it, but Due to "You Have A Problem With Your Connection" Happening in Terrible Situations and When Im Flying, I have Died more then 500 Times now Due to this.

If anyone out there has had this Problem and has FIXED IT for themselves, Share the Info.

Or,

If This Rarely Or NEVER Happens To you, Share with me what Speed of Internet your Running...How much Ram You Have...Video Card...

I Have Sympatico High Speed. 3000kbs.
I Have A Invidia 6600 GT
I Have 1 Gig of Ram (Will Have 2 Gigs in A Week or Two)

Thanks~A Bunch.
Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6752
I feel ya on that.  I played on a server last night that was extremely horrible.  64 man Sharqhi.  I mean, why make it 64 man when can't even handle it.   I got owned more than usual in the chopper thanks to it.   So i got tired of it and found a new map.

I am on Adelphia cable internet
I use Radeon 9700 Pro video card
I currently have 1gb PC2700 RAM in there, but I just bought another two gigs, so will be 3 gigs total.
And I use P4 2.8 cpu

Last edited by Boomer1120 (2005-11-16 07:03:42)

Kriznik
+0|6781
well and why you playing on these servers? if your ping is more than 40-60 go to another one
ronin1942
+-1|6853
some times it has nothing to do w/ your set up its all server side a clan i play with had this problem on there server and it was fixed when they switched server providers.
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6780|Canada, Ont
So I just Need To Find a Server Closer To Home? ...

Sucks because im Really Involved in a Clan Right Now, And I Frequently Get Connection Problems, Somedays Its Uncommon, and Some Days Its Every 7 Minutes.
Buzerk1
+44|6846
There is what Sympatico tells you that you have and there is what you really have (ADSL and DSL are not garanteed speed)

Try this to check your real download rate. Your upload is also very important when you are gaming.

http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

I'm with Videotron with a Cable Modem and I get 4.7 Mbps (That's over my router/wireless connection) and I never connect to a server with a ping over 100.

I lost my connection may be 2 or 3 times with over 200 hrs played. (mostly because of bad servers)

And if you know how to run a tracert (allows you to the route used to connect to the server and also if your ping flutuate on one of the nodes) you could find out where the problem is, if it's within sympatico, you call them and kick there but.

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2005-11-16 07:27:04)

CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6851|Missoula, MT
I'm running Cable at 4,000 down/300 up... and still get that error at times.  It's intermittant.  Man I love that word! 
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6796

My connection does that somtimes too... I don't know what it is.. perhaps the line is dirty for a moment, or someone just dumped the network with a lot of traffic... who knows
but WHY oh WHY does it always happen when im flying? :p
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6780|Canada, Ont
I know that my Upload really really Bites the Ass. I use Bit Torrent sometimes and I got Shitty ass Speeds because I can't Upload Fast  Enough. I was Considering going to 'Ultra High Speed' From the Same Provider, but would that really help me at all? (3000kbs to 5000kbs)

I cant get Cable Internet, Because there is not Cable Near my House. (Live a bit into the Country)
jonsass
+1|6771|Beastmanville, Skeletorland
I used to have your exact problem, though I have a better connection and better hardware What solved it was simply turning off VoIP
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6796

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

I know that my Upload really really Bites the Ass. I use Bit Torrent sometimes and I got Shitty ass Speeds because I can't Upload Fast  Enough. I was Considering going to 'Ultra High Speed' From the Same Provider, but would that really help me at all? (3000kbs to 5000kbs)

I cant get Cable Internet, Because there is not Cable Near my House. (Live a bit into the Country)
If you find a server near your locale you shouldnt have nay more problems.
I hate the bf2 multiplayer server finder... it always finds me servers in the UK, Holland, or Germany... it's bloody useless.  I have to scroll until I find a US or CDN server.
Buzerk1
+44|6846

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

Use the test I posted, you may not even have your 3Mpbs and going to 5Mbps won't help you eihter... you will just pay more for a bad connection.
Buzerk1
+44|6846

jonsass wrote:

I used to have your exact problem, though I have a better connection and better hardware What solved it was simply turning off VoIP
I did that too, but not for the same reason (I hate kids screaming over VoIP), so I just turned it off, but it's true this can help also.
jonsass

Buzerk1 wrote:

jonsass wrote:

I did that too, but not for the same reason (I hate kids screaming over VoIP), so I just turned it off, but it's true this can help also.
Well in my case I got the best of both worlds: no lag and no annoying kiddos. It seems like you north-americans have a bigger problem with VoIP morons though; see if you can get your governments to put age limits on microphones
Rakasan
+7|6846|California, USA
Getting the fastest high speed connection cable/adsl won't necessarily help your ping.  If you are serious about having a consistent low ping and gaming, try SDSL.  I get pings of 15-30ms in good servers in the West Coast (USA) using 768 SDSL.

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-11-16 09:13:57)

Possum61
+9|6758|Philly PA USA
I have
Cable 4.8 K/b
Intel 3.2 800 FSB
Nividia 6800GT
2 Gigs of RAM
And the freezes and the "You Have A Problem With Your Connection " Happens to me at times as well
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6780|Canada, Ont
My Ping Will be at 50 - 80 ...Steady, then It will just Skyrocket with the Message "Theres A Problem With Your Connection" Apon Re-Entering the Game After The Pause, If I Cheak My Ping Its Usually 550...then 230...then 118...then back to 50 - 80. I wanna know whats Interfering with my Damn Connection so I can Kick its Fucken Ass.
Buzerk1
+44|6846
Sometime I beleive people think they are connected directly to the server... No you don't, unless you sit on the box.

When this happen, it's no the game or your PC (unless you have a process eating all your bandwith) or the video card. It's a connection problem. The error says so and the game is doing it's job by warning you.

What you should do when this happen is write down the IP address and run a tracert. You don't know how to do that?

Easy... go in your Start menu, select "Run...", enter "cmd". Now you will have a DOS like prompt (some people here may be too young to know what DOS is. loll) In the command prompt enter this:

tracert www.google.com

(replace www.google.com by the IP address). This will give you how many hop/nodes you are going through to reach that server... too many hop is not good. Also you have ping results for each nodes. Sometimes it's not the server the problem, it one of the node you are going through. If you see high pings values or even worse fluctuating values (run it a few times), that's where your problem is.
Cronjob
+1|6747|Broomfield, Colorado
Fortunately, this isn't a failure in the game. It's a failure in the communications infrastructure.

BF2 seems to have remarkable netcode. The first time I installed it and ran it at an insane resolution with high everything (including 4x AA) and saw how smoothly it operated, I was impressed. I have the occasionall "connection problem" message, but 90% of the time it goes away within a couple seconds. It's also only happened about half a dozen times in the last two weeks.

I have an 8mbit/1mbit connection, though I live in the "ritzy" part of town on a large hill on (and overlooking) a world class golf course (did I mention I HATE golf?), so there are a lot of young and childless tech-aged professionals living here with the same line provider I have and that saturates the regional bandwidth to the point that I sometimes only have 1-2mbit of bandwidth. Still, that's more than enough for two of us to play online from the same apartment with no problems.

All of the servers I have been playing on have been very smooth, too. Only one time did I encounter a situation where there was server-lag (where the server is having major network - or more likely resource contention - issues).

And Possum61 . . . Um . . . What the hell kind of connection is that? You have a cable connection with 56k speeds?! I hope you meant 4.8mbit . . . Anyway, speed isn't going to help you. It's latency. That depends on the structure of your provier's network and the one the server is on and to sme degree, your geographic location (although sometimes it takes far fewer hops to hit a server across the country than it does in your own city).
Bravery
+-1|6779
It's probably your firewall.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6851|Missoula, MT
Hmmm...sounds hot.  Try not to touch it.  You probably shouldn't look at it either.  In fact, just walk away...walk away. 
jonsass
Look, disable Voice over IP and voila, lag-free gaming
earth.citizen
+4|6749|Miami, FL
P4 2.6GHz
2 Gbs RAM (PC2700)
Earthlink DSL (1000+Kbs most days)
ATI 9600 PRO w/ 256 Mbs RAM

Have no REAL issues executing the game.

I have experienced most problems griped about here, but they are so rare as to be statistically insignificant. I love this game. MORE PLEASE!
bob_baur
+5|6781|UK
When I first got the game I just had continual connection problems. Found this was down to my intel wireless trying to burst packets and it wanting to find another acccess point (why? who knows) so I updated the drivers to my wireless nic and modified the wireless properties.

The next thing which has turned BF2 into a totally different game was adding an extra 1GB of memory. The game took a tottally different complextion. Frame rate problems\connections issue are nearly in the past, there has been the odd server that has caused me a problem, but the problem is no longer on my system.

My system is:

Netgear ADSL wireless\firewall router 54MBPS
2MB ADSL connection
hp nx8220 notebook with an addtional 1GB memory

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/sm … 25083.html

hope it helps
BudRell
+2|6847|Home
...phew...peeps seem not to understand that even if you have a supercomputer home, you can not do shit about the fact that there are n-pieces of servers between client and gameserver. If one of those knotservers is busted, your connection to gameserver is busted too. No matter what service someone has rented or what hardware someone has bought.

I have 8Mb ADSL service and VERY few times the connection to ANY game server has been "exellent" (total, STEADY latency under 50..). Usually it's steady 20 for 6mins, steady 40 for 10mins etc.

So believe it, there's nothing that a normal player can do to prevent errors. If your uncle is Bill Gates or some other poor man, then you have a chance to get a little better "cables"...just buy the gameserver and plug the PeeC to side.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard