Total: 178
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

spawnofthemist wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

BlackLegion42 wrote:

no
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

I didn't believe in the ROE in real combat, I sure as hell don't give a shit about a video game one.
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6523
I dont give a shit about the ROE. I payed good money for this game and I will do whatever I want with it.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6643|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
to the above 2.. +1's

marine.. real life ROEs mean shit really when you're under fire from insurgents.. just M203 them

darkdragon.. thats exactly my reason
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au

DesertFox423 wrote:

If they had made you agree to it before clicking, "Yes, I accept" on the EULA it would be fine. Then they could have the authority to enforce these rules and shut down servers for violations of these set rules. Too bad that they seemed to just make these rules as an, "Oh, I almost forgot......." thing. They seem to have little authority over controlling multiplayer content. It's the Wild West for them.
that's true, but its only the tip of the iceberg about what's wrong with the idea. one thing i would like to add is that to all those "you agreed to certain rules already when you accepted the licencing agreement" retorts - regardless of whether you knew there were rules in there or not (i, like many, thought that i was just agreeing to your standard software licence, but ignorance isn't really an excuse), the point is that as consumers we had no idea that there was a ROE (or going to be a ROE) when they paid for the product, and apart from the usual common-sense no-nos like hacking and taking advantage of glitches, what "rules" should we have been expected to be aware of when we paid fpr teh product, regardless of when we installed it?

as well as the above, one of the main reasons that i object to it is that it comes down to how they choose to interpret your behaviour. for example, before the requirements were changed with the last patch, people were getting reset for team-switching, as this was interpreted as "stats padding" for the WCR. well fuck that - i know that most people who team switched then and now did it to play with their friends, or get off a totally disfunctional and uncooperative team etc. the bullshit award had nothing to do with it.

and come to think of it, since people were reset for something that has had its requirements changed to eliminate this supposed behaviour as a problem, why haven't their stats been reinstated after that decision was made to take the behaviour they were reset for out of the equation? or if they already had the award, why couldn't they have just had that award removed from their stats - and even been permanently prevented from having it awarded- instead of losing all of their stats?

the existence of the BF2 ROE is one of the most retarted attempts at hobbling a game i have ever seen.

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-07-06 16:43:45)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

I dont give a shit about the ROE. I payed good money for this game and I will do whatever I want with it.
pyramid begins again here
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
l41e
+677|6649

Fnord.

Yes, I'll follow it, but do I care? Not particularly. I would rather play BF2 than read a document about BF2, kthx.
Defiance
+438|6672

k30dxedle wrote:

Fnord.

Yes, I'll follow it, but do I care? Not particularly. I would rather play BF2 than read a document about BF2, kthx.
QFT. I don't want to be reset so I play by the rules of my "superiors," but that doesn't mean I like those rules.

A P/K server isn't hacking. It takes the same if not more skill to get a kill there.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6643|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

divided
Clear!
+3|6774

spawnofthemist wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

divided wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6677

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

divided wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

-=XBlooX=-
+-2|6523

SniperF0x wrote:

No, i paid for the game so i play it like how i want too.
topthrill05
+125|6579|Rochester NY USA

-=XBlooX=- wrote:

SniperF0x wrote:

But when you installed the game you agreed to the ROE.
Ben>You
+90|6527

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

good to know
very good
/derailed?
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6541|GREAT Britain

topthrill05 wrote:

-=XBlooX=- wrote:

SniperF0x wrote:

.........................*siiiiiiiigh*
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6541|GREAT Britain

Ben>You wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

very good
/derailed?
no its not derailed....look, its still going, wow
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6677

topthrill05 wrote:

-=XBlooX=- wrote:

SniperF0x wrote:

No you agreed to the TOS, which does not state the ROE, or has any connection to the ROE.

Dang it,

no. Quote pyramid starts here again.
topthrill05
Huh. Still it's like driving a car. You follow the rules or you lose your license.

Just because you paid for it doesn't mean you can do anything you want.
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6541|GREAT Britain

topthrill05 wrote:

Huh. Still it's like driving a car. You follow the rules or you lose your license.

wait bf2 is a car? that makes no sense...
Ben>You
+90|6527

usmarine2005 wrote:

I didn't believe in the ROE in real combat, I sure as hell don't give a shit about a video game one.
What are ROE in actual combat?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

Ben>You wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

/derailed?
no its not derailed....look, its still going, wow
Nachos, anyone?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
topthrill05

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

topthrill05 wrote:

It's called a metaphor. Keep re-reading it, soon it will make sense.
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6541|GREAT Britain

topthrill05 wrote:

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

topthrill05 wrote:

It's called a metaphor. Keep re-reading it, soon it will make sense.
what kind of car is a metaphor?
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6660| United States of America
BF2ROE = Nazi sons of a bitches
thats my 2 cents

Last edited by tvmissleman (2006-07-06 21:04:58)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard