eagleray69
gone, tired of kiddietrashtalk
+15|6645

Reizors wrote:

AF is worth more then $10..
That game is built from ground up, nice textures, very wicked sound effects, RAIN!! Wicked RAIN!!!
Night sunlight lighting and all that, its a wicked game!!
i was kidding; you are right man, AF is quite brilliant! if you have ever been to alaska or love the us freeways you´ll recognize how good the design is.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6768|Human Meat Shield
I like Harvest better... There is more skill involved than flying in a straight line or Fushe Pass dark...
X3M*Selkie
+13|6576|Belgium
Looks promising.
L96A1 territory
Reizors
Ninja's > BF2s
+42|6522|Australia

eagleray69 wrote:

Reizors wrote:

AF is worth more then $10..
That game is built from ground up, nice textures, very wicked sound effects, RAIN!! Wicked RAIN!!!
Night sunlight lighting and all that, its a wicked game!!
i was kidding; you are right man, AF is quite brilliant! if you have ever been to alaska or love the us freeways you´ll recognize how good the design is.
I would love to visit alaska, that would be awesome, I love AF, it takes you to a new place, really nice to cruise on foot.
Watermeleon
+34|6533|I am located at my location
On the Jalalabad map, I think they should rename it "Mastuur City 2" with a giant BF2 "2". That map has pretty much buildings and scenerary identical to Mastuur, even more identical as Warlord to Karkand. If that's not the final version, they should add a little bit something to make it more unique. Like a giant plasma cannon.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6826|Lithuania

Superior Mind wrote:

meh...it looks like a custom map. Not so impressive.
i agree. I don't like the atmosphere of the map either.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6689|Tampa Bay Florida
guess we won't see a PLA vs. USMC urban map in BF2..... a shame, really....
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6708

TrashBlinD wrote:

It really looks like a custom map...I hope they're gonna change it for the final release
thats what is feels like to me, It doesnt feel polished nor does it look polished, no eye candy at all. I was hoping it would be sexy looking like sharqi.
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Dakota2x
+31|6516|Olathe, KS, USA
I think the map looks great, the only thing I would love to see is a darker setting (like "Midnight Sun") but it has caught my eye and I cannot wait to play it when it is released. Perhaps some of you with game design abilities could put together a PLA vs USMC urban map? Perhaps a push into Beijing or if we really want to step on some toes how about Pyongyang, North Korea? I am sure Kim Jong Il would be pleased to see USMC forces represented shoving frags in his lower orifice.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6654|Brisbane, Australia

Spearhead wrote:

guess we won't see a PLA vs. USMC urban map in BF2..... a shame, really....
Wanna bet? Look what I found in jalalabad!

https://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4391/screen0355vo.jpg

WTF!!
Spik3d
+1|6592
Looks like Dice stuck the wrong FAV in the map...
Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

looks like a better, more clear version of karkand.

"I'm off to see the wizard, the wondeful wizard of Jabalabalaldadaaaa!" (Down the yellow brick road with my M1A1, gunna blow up some MEC's!)
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

meh...it looks like a custom map. Not so impressive.
i agree. I don't like the atmosphere of the map either.
agreed, looks like that map i made myself......... HEY!
killerkebab
+6|6640
Did anyone else look at those pictures and think the same as me?
As I looked at them one by one, I thought:

'Hey thats just like the mosque in Mashtuur!'
'This here river with two bridges over it looks familiar, there was a strike at that city a while back'
'That flag behind the walls, once upon a time I sailed to a peninsula with a similar setup'
'At the start of the war there was this battle off the coast of a gulf, there was this open city which looked a lot like this'

Or am I just over-reacting? Looks like a nice map though, the sniping will be awesome, nothing better than a map in which you can be shot at from anywhere.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6603|Cambridge UK
I agree, it looks like it's just been built out of bits of all the other maps. That applies a lot throughout the game actually. Too many buildings are used on more than one map. Saying that, it does look like Mashtuur which is probably my fave map at the mo. So i guess that's good in a way!

I've go no intention of getting 1.4 until it goes official so i'll be eagerly awaiting my first play.
Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6539|Grand Rapids, MI
I wish you could have gotten an overall map shot. Oh well. Thanks for the intel!

You can tell the designers are environmentally friendly from all the recycled parts they used from other maps!!!

(Hotel, Masque, burning vehicles, etc!)

Hooray tree-huggers!!!  :-)

F'ing Tree-huggers!!! 
valli
+10|6637
Of course it shares resources with the other maps, otherwise the patch will be something like 1GB in size! If you want new 3D assets, get Special Forces or any expansion pack.
Reizors
Ninja's > BF2s
+42|6522|Australia

valli wrote:

Of course it shares resources with the other maps, otherwise the patch will be something like 1GB in size! If you want new 3D assets, get Special Forces or any expansion pack.
That's a logical explanation for the shared resources! Nice post +1
batman1029
>_>
+8|6526|Essex, Ontario, Canada
most of you should stfu, its a free damn map stop complaining geez
~Solar~Fire~
+45|6646|Austin, TX
Just in case anyone still hasn't had the chance to see RtJ for themselves, theres a rather nice "fly-thru" of the map here on youtube. I don't believe anyone has posted this yet, but I might be mistaken.
TripleKo
+2|6779|Sweden
Did you know that when Osama bin Laden was chased out of Sudan in 1996, his first hideout was in the Jalalabad district?
LSXREVAN
Dark Lord of the Shock Paddles
+1|6581|THE ALAMO
a cross between sharqi and karkand
killaer
+41|6716
LMAO the name is Road To Jalalabad?

Durka Durka.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6689|Tampa Bay Florida

killaer wrote: