LSD_Wash
+64|6783
Nobody was asking for vehicle drops anyway.  The problems they created vastly outweigh the benefits.  They hardly get used for their intended purpose anyway.  Just remove the stupid, pointless feature and call it a day.  They would not be missed and the cartillary problem and hotel glitch would go the way of the dodo bird and the Betamax. Admit it... you know I'm right. 
Slink
+17|6667
/clap and cheer...or something.

It'd work
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6596|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I like cartillery.  it makes up for the fact that artillery is so damn inaccurate.

the vehicle drops were to compensate for eliminating squad hopping.  Since you could no longer spawn on the rest of the squad, you were given a vehicle to get there quickly.

I say, if they can't make it so that the hotel is solid, then they should make it so that someone dies automatically when entering, or something.  and a -4 for being an asshole.

They keep trying to "fix" things, when they should really be perfecting the original game.

...but I like your sig   "a newt??
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6703|Oslo, Norway
NOOOOO i need to get inside the hotel!!!1!!!one!!!eleven!!111!!
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6503|Denmizzark!!
I like the vehicle drop feature.. but I agree that the glitching is a problem..
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA
I think ur right dude. I wouldn't miss vehicle drops one bit. I tryed playing a game on Sharqi last night. Got killed once by cartillery as a sniper. And i had a vodnik drop on top of me when i was taking off in the AH-1z. It's really f@cking annoying.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492
yea that wouldnt be good, i couldnt use my 1337 h4x anymore!!!!!!!!!!
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6598|Muenster, Germany

sgt.sonner wrote:

I like the vehicle drop feature.. but I agree that the glitching is a problem..
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas
I've had jeeps dropped plenty of times when I really needed one (sometimes they were enemy jeeps).  I like the addition.  If they can work out the glitching I say keep it.
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6527|Oslo, Norway

LSD_Wash wrote:

Nobody was asking for vehicle drops anyway.  The problems they created vastly outweigh the benefits.  They hardly get used for their intended purpose anyway.  Just remove the stupid, pointless feature and call it a day.  They would not be missed and the cartillary problem and hotel glitch would go the way of the dodo bird and the Betamax. Admit it... you know I'm right. 
I like the vehicle drop, I use it all the time, saves me for a LOT of walking!

Last edited by -Solv3r- (2006-07-06 12:25:21)

stonehand
I need a medic here! Please?!?
+12|6651|Southern Indiana
Not that I think EA/DICE aren't retarded sometimes with their "Fixes and Improvements" I do like the vehicle drop addition and some of the other less than popular improvements.  But the underlying factor in their defense is that they are still human and make mistakes.  I think a little more time in R&D would benefit us all but unfortunately the all mighty dollar rules the day!!   IMHO

Last edited by stonehand (2006-07-06 12:35:35)

jmbbf1975
+1|6624

stonehand wrote:

Not that I think EA/DICE aren't retarded sometimes with their "Fixes and Improvements" I do like the vehicle drop addition and some of the other less than popular improvements.  But the underlying factor in their defense is that they are still human and make mistakes.  I think a little more time in R&D would benefit us all but unfortunately the all mighty dollar rules the day!!   IMHO
I agree with you.

I think they will make the car drops like the supply drops in that the drop will be in the general area of where it's is called for or put.  That would fix any "cartillery" issues.  But I have to admit it that the issuse makes me a "nervous" sniper and keeps me on my toes.
j5f5ff
+11|6720

LSD_Wash wrote:

1 karma for you
T0rr3nt
+54|6547|Michigan
are you kidding, when im commander people constantly call for them. i think they are good, minus the glitchers.
Leonnoe1
+2|6695
Well, I wouldn't mind keeping it in, but make it similar to the Supply Crate. When you drop it, it moves. But..don't just make it drift north like the Crate does, give it a variable for direction. And instead of simply making it N, S, E, W, add in NE, SE, SW, NW. That gives you a 1:8 chance of getting it in the right spot to glitch. It also lessens the ability for it to be used as "Cartillery". Simple solution for an overdramatized problem.
hellsy
+8|6565|Devizes, Wiltshire, UK
the only way to make it cool imo would be if they had this c130 transport plane to drop it, I find it very silly when the supply crates, cars just bloody drop out of the sky from thin air.

would be really cool too
JimmyBotswana
+82|6555|Montreal

LSD_Wash wrote:

that my friend is a +1 for you
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6499|Belgium
I think its very usefull on large open maps, but i dont think its commenly used in real wars
I guess it screwed up the game too much to be kept, so id opt for removal instead of more half-baked patches
Reizors
Ninja's > BF2s
+42|6493|Australia
I like vehicle drops, i always give my squads who are taking back flags a vehicle drop to get back to the action, or if i see a lone wolf far away from battle i throw them vehicle drops, my vehicle drop is as much used as my UAV, and not for cartillery purposes. (only sometimes )
Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6510|Grand Rapids, MI
Naw, I just got my expert Command badge the other day, so I've put in a few hours trying to direct the battle. I have to agree with Wash here and say that I think the command aspect of the game was, and would be better "sin coches."
canadarocks
+2|6474
Perhaps the fix is...the vehicle must be a request, and not just a random drop by the commander.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6693|SPARTA
the clever players a using it very often i think. getting fast from one point to where the battle is. the reaction is faster with that feature. i'm a friend of it

LivingDeath
+1|6471|Palmdale,CA
Yea never know, EA might decide to replace the car drops with APC or Tank drops....thinking that it will make the game so much more fun
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6814|Sacramento, Cal

LivingDeath wrote:

Yea never know, EA might decide to replace the car drops with APC or Tank drops....thinking that it will make the game so much more fun
that whould be l33t.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6532|British Columbia, Canada
For all of you that said "Yes remove it" Then you need to get out of Karkand and other Tiny maps, and try using them on wake, or Oman, once youve dont that, come back.. i'm sure you will have changed you mind, cause walking on those maps is a bitch unlike karkand.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard