spon
+2|6844|San Jose, CA
I've looked around the forums but no answer to this question:

Why aren't there any EA servers doing Armored Fury?  Heck, they aren't doing Special Forces or Euro Force?

They're running a whole lot of servers and only a few are actively being used.  Why not convert some to the expansion/booster maps?  I would have figured they would want to promote them themselves.  In my opinon it's bad marketing not to promote your game yourself! 

Anyways, thats a thought...
immortalkillerz
+1|6495
I have a friend who plays armored fury, and he was wondering about that too.
Maybe they thought Armored Fury didnt need it...?

well i follow your profile... if they say sorry, and they didnt shoot me through my cockpit... ill be happy to press forgive
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.
i love amrored fury.. i wish more servers played it
eatmywheaties
+2|6759
they are probably freeing up their servers for the upcoming bf 2142  S-(
markH262
+0|6650
Ever since they came out with the 1.4 patch and Road to Jalaabaad (sp) there are hardly any AF or EF mpas up. I have my filters set to med and large maps and maybe there will be about a dozen for AF and EF combined out of nearly 1000 servers on.  Road to Jalaabad seems to have 1/2 of all the map servers now!!!!

I was trying to build up flying time and was getting it mostly from AF maps because aricraft were easier to get in AF and EF. There are to many airplance whores in vanilla BF2 who team kill/wound.
oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au
yeah, same problem here. i got some good flight time in the a10, which is awesome fun, got the air ribbon etc.,, but now the servers are empty, or just gone...
Samuroo
+5|6435
Hey Oberst,

Think it's just Jalalabad. Heck, even I play Jal. occasionally and I'm a huge AF whore. Once the "romance" wears off hopefully it will be business as usual, but then I suppose BF2142 won't be far off and again there'll be empty AF servers.

Samuroo
oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au
argh! its a grim picture when you factor 2142 in, which i hadn't yet!

but yeah, jal is getting a right flogging right now, and i've also been on it when i'm not on af (and sf before it).

in any case, we better squeeze as much armoured furries in as we can, while it lasts.

littlebird duels ftw!
Samuroo
+5|6435
littlebirds rule!!!! And yes, squeeze every last drop of play,
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6542|Winterpeg, Canada
I wish they'd release Af and Ef on disks as 1 package, only reason me and my 4 friends don't have them is because we can't pay for it. (under 16)
Samuroo
+5|6435
Just a question as a BF2s forum noob...

What the heck does "ftw" stand for?

No abuse, please.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6677|Ft. Drum, NY

Samuroo wrote:

Just a question as a BF2s forum noob...

What the heck does "ftw" stand for?

No abuse, please.
fu*k the world and who cares about af, why is no one running euro force???
oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au

yuckfou09 wrote:

fu*k the world\
i think more commonly (and in my usage) 'for the win', actually.
but its probably either/or
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6744|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
hey oberst how are you ? good game last night . i sucked pretty bad tho normally we do better aganst the yanks . those 5th guys are pretty cool . i would have loved to see your face when your tank blew lol.
im at work right now , so i may not be able to reply right away . ill be playing GA 20 or the node AF 2nite which ever one is populated .

see ya mate

Last edited by GAIKIWARRIOR (2006-09-14 21:38:23)

Samuroo
+5|6435
Hey Gaikiwarrior...I seem to remember your name popping up in my kills last night :
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
yeah alot of times see my pm to you . i normally squad with tog threedzone , turmoil and tankstand i think
have a karma too
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
actaully samuroo can you wait till i get the gas station before you kill me lol

Last edited by GAIKIWARRIOR (2006-09-14 21:43:58)

Samuroo
+5|6435
LOL about the gas station. I replied to your pm.
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
cool thanks
oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au

GAIKIWARRIOR wrote:

i would have loved to see your face when your tank blew lol.
yeah, the 'rofl' i typed in was almost literal - i had to stand up from my seat and simply marvel at my own noobocity, laughing my head off!

that was some funny shit.

cya both on there!
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
noobocity

thats good i like that

im going to join the togs on the w/end
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6673|Colorado
Its cause most people already have the ribbons or medals from these maps & have moved on to get the harder rewards.
It may also be because you don't have all map sizes checked in your bfhq, AF & EF are small & medium.
There are plenty of SF servers but not near as many as vanilla.
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

If the booster maps were point cities like those MEC infantry maps, maybe people would play them more.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Jbrar wrote:

I wish they'd release Af and Ef on disks as 1 package, only reason me and my 4 friends don't have them is because we can't pay for it. (under 16)
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646817

Then again, if EA wanted to serve their customers right, they'd just release these booster packs free of charge to bolster the number of gamers (but then they'd lose potential 2142 buyers).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard