Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6622|Philadelphia, PA
Someones take on how the U.S. Military has changed since 1945.

http://krstofer.org/1945.htm
shellshox345
+4|6712
1945- We painted pictures of pretty girls on airplanes to remind us of home.
Now- We put the real thing in the cockpit, I wonder if the politically correct word is now "box office".

1945- Your girlfriend was at home, praying you would return alive.
Now- She is in the same foxhole, praying your condom worked.

1945- Victory was declared when the enemy was dead and all his things were broken.
Now- Victory is declared when the enemy says he is sorry.
Those are my favorites.

I do see his point, the military is being softened up and I'm not sexist, but at lot of it has to do with women being allowed in the military.
HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_=
+31|6571
Because there hasnt been a war worth fighting in over 60 yrs thats why we dont win wars anymore I assure you if we had a war worth fighting our troops and leaders not including bush cause hes a retard manchild would back it and we would be able to throw our millitary and everything we have at em but since no one will get behind any of the recent wars i guess our dod is hesitant to bring the thunder.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6548|Global Command
It depends on your definition of win.
I believe we won Vietnam militarily, the commie bastards just didn't keep their end of the bargain.
Stags
+26|6675
Yup, we got a ceasefire in Vietnam and won almost all the land battles.  Then pulled out, then the north invaded again.

We could've won Korea easy, if we destored the bridges between N. Korea and China.

Although, after Vietnam it seems the American Public is completely against losing soldiers in any conflict.  Isn't a part of their job, they become soldiers and must except the fact that it is dangerous and they could die, but the public cannot except this fact.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6752|Oslo, Norway
lol!
cmsgt_one_shot
+5|6663|USA
I say we go back to the good old days of using m1 Garands and m14 and possible even springfields. Whos with me.
Longbow
+163|6666|Odessa, Ukraine
You didn't defeat Hitler , we , Slavs , did that .
Check out % of German divisions in France\North Africa\Italy and on East Front . You all will be surprised .
l41e
+677|6667

Longbow wrote:

Check out % of German divisions in France\North Africa\Italy and on East Front . You all will be surprised .
Yeah, I'm sure the people posting in this thread made that site. Speaking of the wrong people...
Aardcore
+60|6732|USA, Arizona
The US doesn't win wars because we don't need to anymore, we just have to be involved somehow, usually to have rocks thrown at our tanks by school children of a particular country knowing retaliating back would be immoral and an act of war...

The police never win wars because all they do is keep the peace, in some ways, if not alot, the US has become that kind of faction to be recognized, but usually hated for. We (Americans) have become something hated and loved, if not an important part of the world no one can deny, but ultimately feel mutual for as well.

People hate us, it helps the world. We help the world, people will still hate us.
Mustang99
+9|6543

cmsgt_one_shot wrote:

I say we go back to the good old days of using m1 Garands and m14 and possible even springfields. Whos with me.
AMEN
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6857

Longbow wrote:

Don't fool yourself.  Hilter defeated himself by being an idiot.

And women in the military have nothing to do with the US armed services becoming "soft".  If anything it is the 'tour of duty' and establishment of a 'professional' standing armed force.

Clear up to Korea, if you were drafted or voluntered you where there till you died or we won.  The tour of duty destroyed the unit cohesion(sp?).

Last edited by Burning_Monkey (2006-07-06 12:22:35)

captain_itchy_pants
+13|6594
The US has had its balls cut off by the politically correct, the ACLU and the Dems. Patton and all the men and women who died in WWII must be turning over in their graves. Its a crying shame. If Iraq, OBL, North Korea did this back in the 40's you just know that they would be met with harsh and swift punishment.  Soldiers are now charged with killing "insurgents" WTF!?!?! How many soldiers would be imprisoned had the same ACLU been around during WWII? All of them?  America needs to show the world that it is the last superpower and kick Kim Jong Ills ass and show Iran that it better stop the nuke shite and stop it now. Or else China, Russia, Iran, Syria, Hugo Chavez Land, North Korea and OBL are goint to step it up a notch and people of the free world will be in dire dtraits (not the band). Then where will the ACLU, Cindy Sheehan, The Liberals, tree huggers be? BE-headed?
Knifey McStabstab
Don't lock my topic!
+32|6528|Indiana

Aardcore wrote:

The US doesn't win wars because we don't need to anymore, we just have to be involved somehow, usually to have rocks thrown at our tanks by school children of a particular country knowing retaliating back would be immoral and an act of war...

The police never win wars because all they do is keep the peace, in some ways, if not alot, the US has become that kind of faction to be recognized, but usually hated for. We (Americans) have become something hated and loved, if not an important part of the world no one can deny, but ultimately feel mutual for as well.
I think this is the real reason. We now have media embedded within the military and this in some ways prevents the U.S. from doing the things required to WIN wars because it's all about PR. I'm not saying that that is a bad thing, it just means that our leaders should choose wars that are actually justifiable.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6568|Southeastern USA
around the time that PC was really starting to gain strength, Reagan said (paraphrasin and going from memory) "we could have turned it into a parking lot, striped it yellow, and been home by christmas" in reference to vietnam
captain_itchy_pants
+13|6594
Amen Kr@cker!
Stags
+26|6675
First off... don't blame democrats for losing wars.  If I remember correctly FDR was a democrat.

Also we have this weird, thing about not don't what is nessessary.  In Iraq, to win we do need more troops, but we need to start using wisely.  Creating a secure core and expanding outwards is all nice and dandy.  But patrol the borders, it's harder but gd we have technology why don't we use it?

The Slavs did a nice job against Germany during WWII but really didn't do anything against Japan.  Which is odd considering the US was fighting a two front war, so was Britian.  Oh well.  I do like the T-34s and the very good use of them.
herrr_smity
+156|6647|space command ur anus

Longbow wrote:

that is true.
about 50 on the Western front and close to 300 on the Eastern front

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard